WTF

Is anyone else going absolutely nuts waiting for these results? I feel like time is at a standstill and jan 23rd will never come… My fiancé said I am being more annoying now than when I totally didn’t talk to her for the 3 weeks before the exam. I have never waited this long for exam results and am driving myself nuts… yesterday I was walking home from work and a random question from the exam popped in my head… then when I got home I cracked open the fsa book to check the answer… is anyone felling my pain or am I going nuts all alone….

just relax… buy yourself a beer…

the question isn’t whether you’re annoying your fiance, it’s whether you got the question right when you checked the FSA book? did you? just kidding dude, i’m actually working my way to an ‘acceptance’ phase. either i passed or i didn’t, there’s nothing i can do about it but wait. by january 23rd, i’ll be comfortably numb.

Theres got to be more important things in your life to keep you preoccupied. I hope that didn’t come across too harshly - just take advantage of this free time so you will be ready to go come the end of january. goodluck

yes i did get the question right. thanks for the advice… i do have other things going on in my life… actually i am very busy. just this is always in my mind… i guess we will all suffer together… good luck to you 3… hope you all pass…

nikko, Tough time never last, tough people do! The good thing with time it never stop, so don’t worry you’ll pass the test and good enjoy your time. BTW I’m also saying the same time to myself. haaa

i took the test in nyc and there was a married couple. i thought that the woman was just wishing her husband good luck before the test. but they were actually both taking the test… i was in shock… i could never think of doing that… studying w/ your wife for 5 months… that would lead to a short marriage… first way to destroy a relationship----study for the cfa… new first way to destroy a relationship----study w/ your wife for the cfa

nikko0355 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i took the test in nyc and there was a married > couple. i thought that the woman was just wishing > her husband good luck before the test. but they > were actually both taking the test… i was in > shock… i could never think of doing that… > studying w/ your wife for 5 months… that would > lead to a short marriage… > first way to destroy a relationship----study for > the cfa… > new first way to destroy a relationship----study > w/ your wife for the cfa LOL! it’s true. my social life is still nonexistent. relationships are in disarray. i killed it. now i have to try and resurrect it.

I work with a guy who took L1 in June and bombed it. He busted his butt and took it again in Dec. If I had to put money on it, I’d say he is a 2 time loser. He isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. What am I supposed to say to him? Better luck next time? Maybe you need to think of another line of work?

i can’t see how u can’t pass 2nd time… it shouldn’t take half the effort to re learn all these L1 material…

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i can’t see how u can’t pass 2nd time… it > shouldn’t take half the effort to re learn all > these L1 material… That’s assuming a person studies thoroughly the first time around.

This dude studied thoroughly both the first time and the second time. The question is what to do when a person “just does not have it” in terms of mental ability to pass the test. If I practiced golf with the intensity and length of time that Tiger Woods does, it does not mean that I can make the pro tour. All the practice (studying) in the world does not compensate for the lack of natural ability (IQ). What do you say to someone like that? Maybe your just not cut out for this job… your fired? Or do you pat the guy on the back and wish him better luck next time…dont worry, I’ll pick up all the slack in your job that you cant handle?

just b/c he cant pass the test does not mean he cant do his job does it?

By that same logic, just because someone has the CFA doesnt mean they CAN do the job. Dont you think that success as an investment analyst is HIGHLY correlated to success at the CFA exam? Especially if the CFA is required for a promotion to a Senior Analyst.

that’s scary…to not have the aptitude to pass the CFA. i mean, i suppose it could happen, one not having the mental capacity, but it is kind of scary. i guess intelligent people should truly be thankful for the gifts they have.

For people with some degree of ADD it would be tough to pass this exam. Also, people who had very active lives before might have trouble adjusting to the way of life while studying for the CFA.

OK…you got ADD…go be a trader. Regardless of IQ level, you wont cut it as a research analyst. OK…you got a “very active life”…go get a job as a bank teller. You wont cut it in finance if you have to be out the door every day at 5pm for your “active life.” There are all kinds of reasons for people failing the CFA exam. Not showing up for the test or Not putting in the effort are valid excuese. But what happens when someone just does not have the level of intellegence to pass the test? What if they are just smart enough to meet the minimum requirements needed to work in the field of finance? With a 34% pass rate for Level 1…some portion of the 66% of the falures have to be due to the level of intellegence of the person.