XBox 360

So MSFT took a $1B charge on warranty repairs and replacements for XBox’s. My third one failed over the weekend (too much Halo). I think the $1B is much too low. Probably not very material though.

You haven’t finished Halo 3 Joey? Hehehe…so…you really aren’t “the king” of the forum, are ya. Actually I’m currently tackling GTA 4…absolutely magnificient game. I’ll lend it to you if you are interested. Willy

oh…and for the record, my first one did crap out, yes. however, the replacement is running fine 2 years in with heavy use. Willy

I can kick ur a$$ at Halo any… Edit: Agree about GTA, but I don’t need to borrow yours. Thx anyway. Edit II: I can play any level of Halo any on Legendary with less than 5% of dying.

"I can kick ur a$$ at Halo any… " I really don’t think so JDV. Ever play XB Live? Ever get wasted in slayer? Willy

Have either of you gotten 100% on GTA 4? Once you’ve done that I’ll be impressed (although it wouldn’t say much for your social life)

>I can kick ur a$$ at Halo any… . >Edit: Agree about GTA, but I don’t need to borrow yours. Thx anyway. > >Edit II: I can play any level of Halo any on Legendary with less than 5% of dying. > >"I can kick ur a$$ at Halo any… " > >I really don’t think so JDV. Ever play XB Live? Ever get wasted in slayer? …pushing geekdom to its limits. on that note a quick joke. A math professor is walking down the street, and sees another guy from his lab walking along with a badass new Harley. He’s impressed, especially since his friend doesn’t know how to ride a motorcycle, so he goes up and asks, “Wow, sweet ride, where’d you get that?” His friend explains, “Well, I walk walking along, and this gorgeous blond girl drives up on the motorcycle, stops in front of me, rips her clothes off and asks me, ‘You think you can handle this? Come on. Do whatever you want!’” The professor nods in understanding. “Good choice. Her clothes probably wouldn’t have fit you.”

either i dont get it or that joke is just not very funny

Why do the XBox 360s fail so often? MSFT and other console makers lose money on the consoles but make a ton of money on the games which are fairly inexpensive to create, and really inexpensive to produce. I wonder if they cut some corners on 360 quality in order to reduce the loss they take on the consoles… that would be pretty ironic ~$1B later. I worked on the original Halo and am sure I could bring the noise to anyone on the forum… not sure what the kids are playing these days, though.

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > either i dont get it or that joke is just not very > funny it is not really that funny. this thread just made me remember it. both ignored the hot naked woman. the friend opted to walk home the harley. and the professor agreed that it was a good choice.

well while we are telling bad jokes, here is my standby: So a bear walks into a bar, sits down, bartender comes over and says “What can I get you?” The bear says “I’ll have a gin…and tonic.” The bartender says “sure, no problem, but whats up with the big pause?” The bear replies “I don’t know, I’ve had them since birth” bu-dup-da!

Okay, Since the thread seems to have gone the way of terrible jokes, let me contribute: Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine! Another? Sure! What was Mozart’s favorite fruit? Ba - na - na - nas Okay, okay, one more… This woman was late for a job interview and she couldn’t find a parking spot at the building. In her desperation she looked to the sky and said “God, if you could help me find a parking space I’ll quit drinking, quit cursing, start reading my bible, and start going to church.” At that moment, directly in front of her, a car started backing out of one of the best spots in the parking lot. She again looked to the sky and exclaimed, “Never mind, I found one!”

Here’s one I heard the other day: George Bush Sr. is sitting at a bar with his son, George W. Bush Sr.: Son, you made the same mistake in Iraq that I made with your mother. George W.: What’s that, dad? Bush Sr.: You didn’t pull out fast enough.

I just had mine sent in and repaired after receiving the famed Red Ring of Death. Almost everyone I know has had problems with their units… pretty ridiculous. And guys, I have both Halo 3 and GTA 4 and aside from GTA 4 single player the real replay value is Call of Duty 4 on Xbox live. So addictive and it is great to play a quick round of Search and Destroy while taking a study break.

Halo 1 on X-Box live needs to happen. There is a roundabout way of playing it online, but it basically sucks. Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3. It’s sad to see that franchise decline the way it has. Bromion, I’d love to play you in H1, though clearly this will never happen. Actually, H2 was the one I sunk the most time into just b/c of Live. Hell, I even competed in a a few tournaments for it. And yes, there are tournaments for video games. Big ones, at that, with substantial cash prizes. And yeah, it’s just as nerdy as it sounds. Fun as all hell though.

i’m into Battlefield:Bad Company these days

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "I can kick ur a$$ at Halo any… " > > I really don’t think so JDV. Ever play XB Live? > Ever get wasted in slayer? > > Willy I play XBox live and have probably kicked ur a$$ so many times at slayer that I’m surprised you still play the game. Anyway, in the Cascades, dowwn for a bit no Xboxc

I just got Madden 2009 over the weekend. It is awesome.

2 antennas were married this past weekend. I heard the wedding sucked but the reception was great!

Cowbell, I have grown tired of Madden, have not played '08 and do not plan on playing '09. I use to love Madden but after buying a copy each year, enjoying the new features for about two weeks it always gets shelved.