xbox vs ps3

anyone? it seems like the xbox is more mod-friendly, but the ps3 has the blu-ray.

If you’re married or in a relationship, go with the PS3. “But honey, it’s got a blu-ray player! Imagine watching Twilight on blu-ray!” … I even fell for it and now my man can play Bio Shock2 or Madden 24-7.

I like Xbox, but they hustle you into paying for the online goodness. PS3 has some sick games though - I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

i’m torn. don’t really care about the blu-ray (i’d rather have it in a tower pc) but feel the ps3 is more sophisticated. xbox gets netflix, is cheaper and seems to be more mod friendly. leaning toward the xbox, but have a little more homework to do.

I prefer the PS3. Online gaming is where it’s at and you don’t have to pay for the ps3 network and it works well

i have an xbox. you can play halo! ya!

The only reason to get Playstation was because GTA was exclusive to it. Now that Rockstar has switched sides 360 is way better. And I hate M$. Xbox Online is a way better community, better content, Netflix is nice, arcade games (Geometry Wars namely) are awesome. It’s a no brainer.

I have both. I use the PS3 for BluRay in my living room and have a second PS3 in my bedroom for BluRay and streaming from my media server. Both systems have Netflix now, although you have to order a disc for PS3 and keep it in to stream movies from your instant queue. Most of the best games are released on both systems nowadays. There are always exceptions of course but for gaming 90% of the time it’s on the XBox. You just cannot beat XBox live for online gaming and it’s only a couple of dollars a month for a gold membership. If you’re really torn buy both but get them used from Craigslist. I picked up my second PS3 for $125 off craigslist. It’s only a 40gb system but that’s all I need for this one.

match -> xbox? looks like they’re streaming espn in a new 250gb, wireless console that’s still cheaper than the comporable ps3. they also have a kinect accessory coming out that turns you into the wireless device. http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/kinect-the-new-xbox-360-and-espn-highlights-from-microsofts/ right now i’m looking for a cheap ps3 on ebay just to get access to the free online arcade. i h8 monthly bills.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The only reason to get Playstation was because GTA > was exclusive to it. Now that Rockstar has > switched sides 360 is way better. And I hate M$. > Xbox Online is a way better community, better > content, Netflix is nice, arcade games (Geometry > Wars namely) are awesome. It’s a no brainer. Geometry Wars stole the summer of 2007 from me. And Geometry Wars II is shaping up to consume my 2010.

xbox for online gaming experience - xbox live is far superior to ps3 online. Ps3 has blueray so thats a plus.

Is there any fee to access Netflix on xbox other than monthy Netflix subscription?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there any fee to access Netflix on xbox other > than monthy Netflix subscription? No, the only downside is there’s no search feature (at least there wasn’t a couple months ago; haven’t used it in a while), and not all their content is accessible through XBL.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Is there any fee to access Netflix on xbox > other > > than monthy Netflix subscription? > > No, the only downside is there’s no search feature > (at least there wasn’t a couple months ago; > haven’t used it in a while), and not all their > content is accessible through XBL. Thanks.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Is there any fee to access Netflix on xbox > other > > than monthy Netflix subscription? > > No, the only downside is there’s no search feature > (at least there wasn’t a couple months ago; > haven’t used it in a while), and not all their > content is accessible through XBL. You can browse instant movies on ps3 but not on xbox. Both will have your instant queue available though.

Who cares about Blueray? It’s already outdated, streaming is where it’s at. There are only about 2 PS3 exclusive titles worth owning, 360 is the way to go.