Xinjiang, China

The Chinese government has been cracking down on indigenous people’s rights in western China for a long time and it doesn’t seem to have eased up. Suppression of traditions, leanguage, culture, religion etc. When will China ever get democracy and full human rights?

sad http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/09/world/asia/09han.html?hp

I still feel safer in China than the States, but ya I wouldn’t pick this area to live, crazies.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I still feel safer in China than the States, but > ya I wouldn’t pick this area to live, crazies. Why don’t you go over to China, write an editorial in the local newspaper about how bad the government is, and then see if you still feel that way.

cfafrank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $tarving_Banker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cfafrank Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > How do you repress against peaceful protests? > > > > Well, you send some undercover cops or > soldiers > > to > > > join the protestors and to kill innocent > > people. > > > Then you can blame it on whoever you > > > want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even > Japanese > > > and you will have the excuse to send tanks > into > > > the city. Good job, Beijing. > > > > > > I think you have missed the point by blaming > > Beijing. But the core issue here is the long > > history of tension between Uyghurs and Han in > > Xinjiang. The last thing Beijing would want is > to > > send in undercover cops and stir up some civil > > unrest there. I am not disagreeing with your > that > > it is an oppressive regime, but I would like to > > point out there is no incencitive whatsoever > for > > them to create instablity in that region. So > they > > wouldn’t do some stupid $hit like that. > > > > Conspiracy theorists who think that the Beijin > > somehow created this whole mass are just > plainly > > stupid. They probably think the CIA is selling > > crack in the ghetto too. > > You just don’t get it. Sending undercover cops to > kill people is the last resort when they can’t > control the situation where unhappy people protest > peacefully against the government. Since the 1989 > Tiananmen Square protest, which posed critical > threats to the government, Beijing had learned the > lesson that they have to crackdown any peaceful > protests before they draw more attention. If they > can’t control it, they have to send soldiers to do > the dirty job. If you recall last year’s Tibetian > protest, you’d find the reactions of the > government were very similar. > > Three unusual observations in the Xingjing > crakdown: > 1, No killing incidents were caught on cameras, > only dead bodies were shown to the public. > > 2, Almost all victims shown died of head wounds, > probably from gunshots. You would expect wounds > all over the body if they were killed by the thugs > and mugs. > > 3, The government has the ability to gather at > least 10k soldiers in less than 30 mins to stop > the killings but few soldiers and cops were > present when the killings happened. This is nonsense. If you know anyting about China and this region, you will know that there is no way a Han Chinese can disguise as an Uyghurs. Just like you can spot a Chinese pretending to be a White guy. That said, this incident shows the complete failure of the government’s policy in the region.

I’m just saying the streets in the big cities there feel quite safe in my experience, smiling friendly calmer people, not the aggressive angry crazies you run into in the big cities here. Here in the states you never know, some guy with a bad hair day could pull a gun and just blow you away at SBUX, erratic aggressive behavior.

ustcer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfafrank Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > $tarving_Banker Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > cfafrank Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > How do you repress against peaceful > protests? > > > > > > Well, you send some undercover cops or > > soldiers > > > to > > > > join the protestors and to kill innocent > > > people. > > > > Then you can blame it on whoever you > > > > want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even > > Japanese > > > > and you will have the excuse to send tanks > > into > > > > the city. Good job, Beijing. > > > > > > > > > I think you have missed the point by blaming > > > Beijing. But the core issue here is the long > > > history of tension between Uyghurs and Han in > > > Xinjiang. The last thing Beijing would want > is > > to > > > send in undercover cops and stir up some > civil > > > unrest there. I am not disagreeing with your > > that > > > it is an oppressive regime, but I would like > to > > > point out there is no incencitive whatsoever > > for > > > them to create instablity in that region. So > > they > > > wouldn’t do some stupid $hit like that. > > > > > > Conspiracy theorists who think that the > Beijin > > > somehow created this whole mass are just > > plainly > > > stupid. They probably think the CIA is > selling > > > crack in the ghetto too. > > > > You just don’t get it. Sending undercover cops > to > > kill people is the last resort when they can’t > > control the situation where unhappy people > protest > > peacefully against the government. Since the > 1989 > > Tiananmen Square protest, which posed critical > > threats to the government, Beijing had learned > the > > lesson that they have to crackdown any peaceful > > protests before they draw more attention. If > they > > can’t control it, they have to send soldiers to > do > > the dirty job. If you recall last year’s > Tibetian > > protest, you’d find the reactions of the > > government were very similar. > > > > Three unusual observations in the Xingjing > > crakdown: > > 1, No killing incidents were caught on cameras, > > only dead bodies were shown to the public. > > > > 2, Almost all victims shown died of head > wounds, > > probably from gunshots. You would expect > wounds > > all over the body if they were killed by the > thugs > > and mugs. > > > > 3, The government has the ability to gather at > > least 10k soldiers in less than 30 mins to stop > > the killings but few soldiers and cops were > > present when the killings happened. > > > > This is nonsense. If you know anyting about China > and this region, you will know that there is no > way a Han Chinese can disguise as an Uyghurs. Just > like you can spot a Chinese pretending to be a > White guy. > > That said, this incident shows the complete > failure of the government’s policy in the region. I have been covering capital market of Great China Area for a while. I know for a fact that the Chinese army and military police have been recruiting Uyghurs for a long time.

Classic Chinese repression of indigenous populatations.

Studied this subject a bit from WSJ and NYTimes this morning. 1- On Sunday the 5th, Uyghurs staged a demonstration in Xinjiang. Among the 156+ killed, majority of them are Han Chinese. 2- On Tuesday the 7th, Han Chinese tried to stage a revenge against Uyghurs, but was largely cracked down by the tens of thousands military troops there. That said, I couldn’t care less about who killed whom there. BUT why should the US government spend $600 million taxpayers’ money on a few terrorist Uyghurs from Gitmo?

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > purealpha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I still feel safer in China than the States, > but > > ya I wouldn’t pick this area to live, crazies. > > > Why don’t you go over to China, write an editorial > in the local newspaper about how bad the > government is, and then see if you still feel that > way. purealpha probably lives in Compton now, lol

cfafrank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ustcer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cfafrank Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > $tarving_Banker Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > cfafrank Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > How do you repress against peaceful > > protests? > > > > > > > > Well, you send some undercover cops or > > > soldiers > > > > to > > > > > join the protestors and to kill innocent > > > > people. > > > > > Then you can blame it on whoever you > > > > > want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even > > > Japanese > > > > > and you will have the excuse to send > tanks > > > into > > > > > the city. Good job, Beijing. > > > > > > > > > > > > I think you have missed the point by > blaming > > > > Beijing. But the core issue here is the > long > > > > history of tension between Uyghurs and Han > in > > > > Xinjiang. The last thing Beijing would want > > is > > > to > > > > send in undercover cops and stir up some > > civil > > > > unrest there. I am not disagreeing with > your > > > that > > > > it is an oppressive regime, but I would > like > > to > > > > point out there is no incencitive > whatsoever > > > for > > > > them to create instablity in that region. > So > > > they > > > > wouldn’t do some stupid $hit like that. > > > > > > > > Conspiracy theorists who think that the > > Beijin > > > > somehow created this whole mass are just > > > plainly > > > > stupid. They probably think the CIA is > > selling > > > > crack in the ghetto too. > > > > > > You just don’t get it. Sending undercover > cops > > to > > > kill people is the last resort when they > can’t > > > control the situation where unhappy people > > protest > > > peacefully against the government. Since the > > 1989 > > > Tiananmen Square protest, which posed > critical > > > threats to the government, Beijing had > learned > > the > > > lesson that they have to crackdown any > peaceful > > > protests before they draw more attention. If > > they > > > can’t control it, they have to send soldiers > to > > do > > > the dirty job. If you recall last year’s > > Tibetian > > > protest, you’d find the reactions of the > > > government were very similar. > > > > > > Three unusual observations in the Xingjing > > > crakdown: > > > 1, No killing incidents were caught on > cameras, > > > only dead bodies were shown to the public. > > > > > > 2, Almost all victims shown died of head > > wounds, > > > probably from gunshots. You would expect > > wounds > > > all over the body if they were killed by the > > thugs > > > and mugs. > > > > > > 3, The government has the ability to gather > at > > > least 10k soldiers in less than 30 mins to > stop > > > the killings but few soldiers and cops were > > > present when the killings happened. > > > > > > > > This is nonsense. If you know anyting about > China > > and this region, you will know that there is no > > way a Han Chinese can disguise as an Uyghurs. > Just > > like you can spot a Chinese pretending to be a > > White guy. > > > > That said, this incident shows the complete > > failure of the government’s policy in the > region. > > I have been covering capital market of Great China > Area for a while. I know for a fact that the > Chinese army and military police have been > recruiting Uyghurs for a long time. Then I hope your above opinion is not an indication of your capital market research quality. It just doesn’t make sense for government to bring instability to the region at this time. Especially right before the 60 anniversary. Do you think Hu would cut short his oversea trip and fly back if that was planned? If you read chinese, here is a interesting book about the region: http://www.box.net/shared/yi6efblaa2 The author is an exile Han Chinese.

What I meant was I wouldn’t pick a Uyghur area to live. When I was hanging in China with my smokin’ hot Asian friend (would post pics but I don’t have a web) we were up late watching TV. I was watching a documentary on this area of China and the Uyghurs. She came in and was like what the heck are you watching (she likes mushy Chinese drama), I’m like hey this is interesting they don’t look like Chinese at all, she’s like “oh sh@t don’t *ever* go there Purealpha! They all carry knives and stare aggressively like they will chop you up, if you go into a store and don’t buy they may corner you and make you pay before you can go.” Ya, basically like Compton. Sad as it is, the Han living there must have known the risks. BTW, if you are a Uyghur please don’t get pissed and come after me, I’m just repeating what she said, go after her! Thanks.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What I meant was I wouldn’t pick a Uyghur area to > live. > > When I was hanging in China with my smokin’ hot > Asian friend (would post pics but I don’t have a > web) we were up late watching TV. I was watching > a documentary on this area of China and the > Uyghurs. She came in and was like what the heck > are you watching (she likes mushy Chinese drama), > I’m like hey this is interesting they don’t look > like Chinese at all, she’s like “oh sh@t don’t > *ever* go there Purealpha! They all carry knives > and stare aggressively like they will chop you up, > if you go into a store and don’t buy they may > corner you and make you pay before you can go.” > Ya, basically like Compton. > > Sad as it is, the Han living there must have known > the risks. BTW, if you are a Uyghur please don’t > get pissed and come after me, I’m just repeating > what she said, go after her! Thanks. People move there because of government incentives You dont have the web, but you are posting !!! Put up the pictures dude

The govie incentive better include a f’n rocket launcher and full riot gear.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I was hanging in China with my smokin’ hot > Asian friend pics or he doesn’t exist

Googled Uyghurs… They look a bit like Iranians, Mogolians, even Chinese. They generally have round, chubby face, and stocky body build. A lot of Uyghur women wear Hijab and almost all Uyghur guys wear a beard…

Hi there, I am happy to answer any questions about the issue from a Han chinese perspective. In my opinion, this totally attribute to the party’s long lasting minority priority policy. If you are a minority, you can be admitted by chinese “Harvard” with a score considered an idiot’s if you are a han. If you fight with a han, the Han is always the side been punished. If you ask any han people who experienced university life he/she always can tell you how those drunk Uyghurs with knives ( the law permits only them to equip with knives to respect their custom) terribly behaved in campus. In big cities, Uyghurs means thieves and liers because most of them actually are doing such things. The fact is that the party has always been in Uyghurs’ side at a sacrifice of Han because the party thought doing so would prevent Uyghurs from separating. I am so surprised the protest is against Han but not the reverse. Most of 156 victims are Han with a protection of Han army. You tell me what happened there???

andrew330 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi there, I am happy to answer any questions about > the issue from a Han chinese perspective. > > In my opinion, this totally attribute to the > party’s long lasting minority priority policy. > If you are a minority, you can be admitted by > chinese “Harvard” with a score considered an > idiot’s if you are a han. If you fight with a han, > the Han is always the side been punished. If you > ask any han people who experienced university life > he/she always can tell you how those drunk Uyghurs > with knives ( the law permits only them to equip > with knives to respect their custom) terribly > behaved in campus. In big cities, Uyghurs means > thieves and liers because most of them actually > are doing such things. > > The fact is that the party has always been in > Uyghurs’ side at a sacrifice of Han because the > party thought doing so would prevent Uyghurs from > separating. I am so surprised the protest is > against Han but not the reverse. > > Most of 156 victims are Han with a protection of > Han army. You tell me what happened there??? In your opinion, do you think Tibet should be an independent nation?

Storko, do you agree with what the US government has treated the american Indian?

That is irrelevant, try again