Xinjiang, China

What’s going on there? 156 people died! Is it Muslim riots or Chinese government cracking down on something? Any thought?

I thought it was civil unrest between Muslims and the Han Chinese. Its a big deal… but obviously not as big as Michael Jackson.

I find it unsettling that something as serious and tragic as this (just look at the pictures, they’re awful), is second page news to Michael Jackson’s funeral.

Ya, that whole thing is a cluster. “Han Chinese marched through the centre of Urumqi on Tuesday afternoon, wielding a variety of makeshift and menacing weapons, including clubs, meat cleavers, long knives, axes and bricks.” http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displayStory.cfm?story_id=13980921&source=most_commented

Obviously Uyghur afraid they might be Han-washed culturally, since more and more Han ppl moving to that region.

But its in China.

Uyghurs? Aren’t some of the Gitmo terrorists also Uyghurs? I remember US had a hard time finding a place to settle them. In the end, US taxpayers had to pay $600 million to Palau as “aid” for them to accept the Uyghurs terrorists. The new twist is the Uyghurs even refuse to go to Palau citing lack of Uyghurs community in Palau. They seem to be some high-maintenance terrorists… Don’t they?

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But its in China. Yea, it s in China but China is a very diverse country that has so many different ethnicity, each minority has it’s own language or dialect. And there are huge culturally differences between western ( Tibet, XinJiang…etc) and Eastern region (dominated by Hans)

Tibet actually is not part of China. But I agree with it being very diverse, I hope they can control this situation without further violence.

How do you repress against peaceful protests? Well, you send some undercover cops or soldiers to join the protestors and to kill innocent people. Then you can blame it on whoever you want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even Japanese and you will have the excuse to send tanks into the city. Good job, Beijing.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tibet actually is not part of China. > > But I agree with it being very diverse, I hope > they can control this situation without further > violence. Please google map China

cfafrank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you repress against peaceful protests? > Well, you send some undercover cops or soldiers to > join the protestors and to kill innocent people. > Then you can blame it on whoever you > want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even Japanese > and you will have the excuse to send tanks into > the city. Good job, Beijing. Wow, are you saying that the Chinese govt were sending undercover cops to kill their own people? any proofs? how could you called that a peaceful protest when those thugs and mugs were out there killing innocent people, robbing stores, and burning cars…

cfafrank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you repress against peaceful protests? > Well, you send some undercover cops or soldiers to > join the protestors and to kill innocent people. > Then you can blame it on whoever you > want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even Japanese > and you will have the excuse to send tanks into > the city. Good job, Beijing. I think you have missed the point by blaming Beijing. But the core issue here is the long history of tension between Uyghurs and Han in Xinjiang. The last thing Beijing would want is to send in undercover cops and stir up some civil unrest there. I am not disagreeing with your that it is an oppressive regime, but I would like to point out there is no incencitive whatsoever for them to create instablity in that region. So they wouldn’t do some stupid $hit like that. Conspiracy theorists who think that the Beijin somehow created this whole mass are just plainly stupid. They probably think the CIA is selling crack in the ghetto too.

What happens in China is their own issues. What pissed most American tax payers is that we spent $600 million to find a home for some Terrorist Uyghurs. Yet these A-holes don’t even want to be re-located to their new place. $600 million tax dollar on a few Uyghurs… WTF!!

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What happens in China is their own issues. > > What pissed most American tax payers is that we > spent $600 million to find a home for some > Terrorist Uyghurs. > > Yet these A-holes don’t even want to be re-located > to their new place. > > $600 million tax dollar on a few Uyghurs… WTF!! …so imagine 10million of them.

Movado1108 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > storko Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Tibet actually is not part of China. > > > > But I agree with it being very diverse, I hope > > they can control this situation without further > > violence. > > > > > Please google map China I can draw a map showing independent nations.

who cares. Michael Jackson died recently FYI.

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfafrank Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How do you repress against peaceful protests? > > Well, you send some undercover cops or soldiers > to > > join the protestors and to kill innocent > people. > > Then you can blame it on whoever you > > want—CIA,Uyghurs terrorists, or even Japanese > > and you will have the excuse to send tanks into > > the city. Good job, Beijing. > > > I think you have missed the point by blaming > Beijing. But the core issue here is the long > history of tension between Uyghurs and Han in > Xinjiang. The last thing Beijing would want is to > send in undercover cops and stir up some civil > unrest there. I am not disagreeing with your that > it is an oppressive regime, but I would like to > point out there is no incencitive whatsoever for > them to create instablity in that region. So they > wouldn’t do some stupid $hit like that. > > Conspiracy theorists who think that the Beijin > somehow created this whole mass are just plainly > stupid. They probably think the CIA is selling > crack in the ghetto too. You just don’t get it. Sending undercover cops to kill people is the last resort when they can’t control the situation where unhappy people protest peacefully against the government. Since the 1989 Tiananmen Square protest, which posed critical threats to the government, Beijing had learned the lesson that they have to crackdown any peaceful protests before they draw more attention. If they can’t control it, they have to send soldiers to do the dirty job. If you recall last year’s Tibetian protest, you’d find the reactions of the government were very similar. Three unusual observations in the Xingjing crakdown: 1, No killing incidents were caught on cameras, only dead bodies were shown to the public. 2, Almost all victims shown died of head wounds, probably from gunshots. You would expect wounds all over the body if they were killed by the thugs and mugs. 3, The government has the ability to gather at least 10k soldiers in less than 30 mins to stop the killings but few soldiers and cops were present when the killings happened.

LOL, Completely Ignorant

agreed. cfafrank stop embarrassing yourself further.