"Yahoo CEO in Spotlight Over Resume Flap"

Ok, back on topic. Blake is absolutely RIGHT about the CEO not knowing about this. I know, I was there.

Most of the posters on this board are such wannabes with their ad hominem attacks on Blake just because they disagree with him and have no real firepower to back it up. Posers.

I see Blake as the personification of both the left and right tails of the distribution of human intelligence.

Part autistic Masters weilding Zuckerberg genius; part Gilbert Grape.

http://allthingsd.com/20120509/technations-gunn-says-she-and-yahoo-ceo-talked-about-their-cs-degrees-before-2009-show-video-and-audio/

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_20544397/yahoo-ceo-degree-misstated-review-scott-thompson-resign

Sonnenfeld said Thompson sought the job. “He went after the search committee. He’s put his résumé together. It’s not like somebody got confused in a Wikipedia entry or something.”

GUILTY! the punishment is castration. effective immediately.

He’s fried. All Yahoo has to do is have 1 email from him resume attached and with his “cs degree” on it, and it’s all over. And I’m sure they have it, all they’re trying to do right now is to see how they can lessen the blow.

He’ll be fine. Blake is currently calling in favors from his vast network of executives (and their assistants) and will soon make this right. I predict that by the end of the week: Third Point will be disolved, Mr. Loeb will be rendered to an undisclosed Eastern European country, and Mr. Thompson will be fully vindicated when Stonehill announces that they forgot that they actually did grant him a CS degree.

And Chipotle will add extra tomatoes to their salsa!

5 star thread, would read again.

Honestly, this is what I call a cool story bros. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I’m showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like…not like the stories your generation tells.

So, AF, would this post be a like or a dislike in your book? Personally, I would definitely give this the ol’ “thumbs up”

You do realize that the best Blake here could come up with is an old reddit repost that’s been circulating the internet since some 13 year old first banged it out on his Macintosh a little over 15 years ago.

Actually I’ve never read that, I thought Blake was making an original funny. I’d still give it a sympathy like since he has a Master’s degree.

yea I didn’t catch that either

You fell for it a few months ago and your response was hysterical. It was either the CB radio thread or the “hucking ledges” thread about Tucks.

Did you ever end up getting that CB radio so you could talk to truckers? If so, did it prevent you from having your driver’s license revoked again? LMAO

Wow, I’m up to 231 points now and I really want to get my free t-shirt.

Can you fools keep posting and speculating about what Scott Thompson did and how the CFAI is going to make him accountable? LMAO

Blake, based on what I’ve been able to peice together, you’re a 30 something (at least) year old who is unmarried and I presume very lonely, who does programming associated with large data fields and spends his time on the Internet bragging about the executives he knows while between fast food arguments involving reddit reposts and the phrase “LMAO” like a 12 year old boy. I don’t even have to win this for you to lose each and every day of your sad existence. I actually feel kinda bad.

Didn’t think I would see the “feel bad for you post” in this thread. It’s certainly an internet classic. That’s the equivalent of hanging on to a piece of twine trying to survive a hurricane. Just give up man.

But if you have Scott Thompson’s resume please post it out here, I’d love to see it.

Blake is in denial bec the truth has been spurted out. Hidden behind a screen and keyboard, he’s feeling the pain of sadness on the inside while still forcing himself to bring forth the troll mask that has become the dual identity he created to escape that which he tries not to be, but subconsciously knows that he is.

assistant executives or assistants TO the executives?

i always thought blake was a funny guy…