Yahoo Finance and Excel

You know how there is a Bloomberg Excel Add-in. Is there a similar add-in someone has made for like Yahoo Finance (or any other finance website) so when I am home without Bloomberg I can track my holdings in real time (or 15 min delay)? PS: Until now I have the Bloomberg anywhere access so I didn’t need it. But now I only have access to a terminal, so was wondering if there is an add-in that I can use on my home PC

You can link it to Yahoo Finance, but I have only seen it where you have to manually click to update the data, then it refreshes, although thats a 20min delay too I am sure…I havent seen anything that provides streaming updates, unless you have something like Reuters or Bloomy on your PC.

Can’t you just use the Import External Data feature? Excel has built-in Import External Data queries for stock quotes, indicies, and currencies with auto-refresh functionality.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can’t you just use the Import External Data > feature? Excel has built-in Import External Data > queries for stock quotes, indicies, and currencies > with auto-refresh functionality. Thats it. I didn’t think Excel had it because I was so used to the Bloomberg add-in. You can also enable smart tags and then retrieve the stock quotes and data that way (but I think it only recognizes the most popular ticker symbols)

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > but I think it only recognizes the most popular ticker symbols =============================== Yeah, that’s the big limitation to it as I recall. It’s perfect if all you follow are S&P 500 constituents, but not very useful if you’re interested in monitoring smaller companies with low volume or non-US exchange traded securities.

Hey Zero, There’s an excel addin that let’s you grab almost anything from Yahoo. The addin isn’t the easiest thing to use, but there’s plenty of documentation - plus it’s free! http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/smf_addin/files/Documentation/