Years

What do you view as the rule of thumb when writing out a number of years in a report. For example would you write “management has thirty years of experience” or “management has 30 years of experience.” It seems to me that when its a small number of years 1-5 you write it out. “Management has two years of experience.” And when the number gets up to 10 year write in numerically.

I frequently use EV/ME when I do comps. How you write 30 is crucial. Management experience, expressed in years, is one of the most important metrics. Benjamin Graham said to write it like this; “Management has THiRTY (30, yes 30!) years of experience.”

yeah seriously who cares

Write out single digits.

i think the standard is to use Roman Numerals. For your case it would be appropriate to use “management has XXX experience.” (note: years was removed as it is implied and removed to avoid excess use of words)

dancingqueen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What do you view as the rule of thumb when writing > out a number of years in a report. For example > would you write “management has thirty years of > experience” or “management has 30 years of > experience.” > > It seems to me that when its a small number of > years 1-5 you write it out. “Management has two > years of experience.” And when the number gets > up to 10 year write in numerically. this is a pretty random question and one that really shouldn’t matter…but if you really care, the MLA Handbook recommends spelling out numbers that are either single-digits or that begin a sentence, and using arabic numerals for all other cases.

I believe its Arial 10 point font in bold for single digit integers, which are also prime numbers while for all others its Garamond 12 point font in light print. Willy

The rule I heard is that you should write out any number greater than 10. This applies to most writing. I would stick with writing out all numbers in a short bio.

The important thing is that they do have relevant experience.

<10 spell it; >= 10 numeric form

When I have a bad day, I look at the forum to get some relief. Sure you guys are out there cheering everyone up !

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe its Arial 10 point font in bold for > single digit integers, which are also prime > numbers while for all others its Garamond 12 point > font in light print. > > Willy Peasant. It’s italics for single digit primes.