Yet another ethics

Judy CFA is an analyst and plans to visit a company that she is analysing in order to prepare a reserch report. Starndard I(b) Independance and Objectivity: Requires Dudley to pay for all her own expenses and to not accept any gifts or compensation for writing a research report Required her to pay for her own transport costs, to not accept any gifts or compensation but allws her to accept accomodation and meals that are ot lavish. Required dudley not to accept any compensation for wrigin a research report, but allows her to accept company paid transport, lodging and meals Allows dudley to accept transport, lodging, expenses and completnsation for wrigin a reaserch report but reuqired that she discloses such an arrangement. Well… What are your thoughts??? I’ve seen so many versions of this quetsion and each with a different answer. I have no idea why.

A?

My reasoning… Gifts my influence the writing of the report.

I’ll wait for a few other responses before giving the answer. I really want to see whtat the majority would put for this Q.

answer is D… “required” is such a strong statement to make… if disclosed, then all is well

Correct Ethics is obivously a very strong section for you. Do you have any last minute tips? I really struggle with the section despite having done numerous questions! With relation this this quetsion. If it said: Judy CFA is an analyst and plans to visit a company that she is analysing in order to prepare a reserch report. Starndard I(b) Independance and Objectivity: Allows Dudley to pay for all her own expenses and to not accept any gifts or compensation for writing a research report Allows her to pay for her own transport costs, to not accept any gifts or compensation but allws her to accept accomodation and meals that are ot lavish. Allows dudley not to accept any compensation for wrigin a research report, but allows her to accept company paid transport, lodging and meals Allows dudley to accept transport, lodging, expenses and completnsation for wrigin a reaserch report but reuqired that she discloses such an arrangement. Then what would be the correct answer? I didn’t notice that three of them said required! Its good to know tho.

Any ideas with this? If you re-word the question to my last post… What would the answer be?

I think D

Wasn’t there another thread where we discussed accepting perks from clients vs non-clients. This is obviously a non-client and as such might impede objectivity. My guess is do not accept in this case. Where is this question from? If the entity providing the extra compensation was a client though, a disclosure will be sufficient, but I wouldn’t think this is the case here.