Yo HP - Car Buying 101

It is really stupid but it is a safety issue in NJ and OR. Basically the legislature decided that due to the fire hazards associated with dispensing fuel, the station operator must have control over this activity.

^ That’s crazy. Here we have unattended gas stations with just a cellular link to god knows where. No staff on hand at all.

^ I think Sams club/Costco have it down. Whole gas station monitored by one person, no cash accepted, only credit/debit cards. Get in and get out as quickly as possible.

I do enjoy Costco gas. It’s about $0.05-0.10/L cheaper here than the main operators. Or like $0.19-$0.37/gal. I just wish they’d take VISA. That’s the big scam. I don’t want an AMEX card. So I’m stuck using debit and not getting any points.

But is the stated motivation for the law the same as the true cause? For instance, labor groups can lobby for a law under the pretense of “customer safety”. Or Whole Foods, a for profit company that sells organic food, can lobby for GMO foods ban because apparently it will mutate us.

Why don’t you get an Amex then? The costco amex gets you costco cash back, or you can get a generic amex with amex points.

Just not a fan of having numerous cards to deal with. I only roll two cards. One day I might give in and get the Costco AMEX.

I’m not sure if it’s the same down south but Amex is essientially useless in Canada as many don’t take it. Not very common here.

Why do you need a car if you live in NYC?

Take the F-train a few times and then ask that question…

Guess it’s a regional thing. Where I live, virtually every place I go takes Amex. My dry cleaner and Sam’s Club are the only places I go often that don’t.

Getting 5% cash back this quarter at gas stations with my chase visa laugh

Sam’s Club here is odd. They accept Visa and Amex for online purchases, but not in the store, which is MC and Discover only.

Just pay straight cash like the late Blake you zips! LMAO.

The gas station also accepts Visa, but the store doesn’t.

^ Neither Sam’s near me has a gas station.

Rolling into a dealer on Saturday to look at a Navigator. Any last words of wisdom?

Fooking Yanks and their SUV’s, gas guzzlers, the lot of you.

Check for any warning lights, especially in regard to the air suspension. That system can be expensive to fix when the air shocks wear out. If it doesn’t look like it’s sitting right, there could be a problem.

I’m not a big fan of air suspension (which I think a lot, if not all navigators have). I’m biased because I saw quite a few cars come through service leaning on one side and leaving with bg repair bills.

What you need a big azz faux luxury SUV for in NYC? What year?

2008, I’m a big boy, I don’t want to be crammed up in a little 4 door 4 banger.