YO KRNYC!

My guess is those 2 women were already into you before any gifts.

I understand the notion to differentiate yourself as a candidate, but it’s not the same game as getting the job. She is either into you or not. Period. And if she is, there is no point in giving any gift!

And also, you are the one living in a fairy tale thinking that Russian women live in them.

PS: I sincerely hope you don’t use “shot at her kitty” in real life. Or at least nowhere near people drinking anything.

Ok. To me it’s about how to be charming, and the little something extra that is unexpected is just a tool to that effect. I don’t do it with everyone I go out with, but I do do it if I sense the woman might like it, and I find that Russians are one of them. (I actually learned it when a Brazilian girl gave me a gift and noticed what an effect it had on me, and decided to try it at times).

75 percent of seduction is about what you say, the words you choose, the images you invoke, and looking her in the eyes when you speak. The other 25 percent is mostly about having polished shoes, clean clothes, and making sure what you had for dinner isn’t still stuck in your teeth. Having a twinkle in your eye, a smile on your face, and sincerity in your voice when you deliver your charm is really what it’s about. Though having the gift of gab helps a lot too,

ps: “shot at her kitty” is not how I think of those things, but I chose that phrase because it is the way a lot of guys tend to think evaluate whether to do something that the woman likes. I chose it deliberately to be repulsive-sounding, since I don’t think that’s really the way to go about things.

as for living in a fantasy world, I was quoting Drago, not my own opinion. We all live in a bit of a fantasy world, or at least want to. That’s part of the magic of first dates, you have a chance to create a bit of mystery and possibility. I don’t think letting yourself experience a fantasy world for a bit is so bad, and it’s not too bad to help her enjoy her own, just as long as both of you know where the fantasy ends and where reality begins. Romance begins by creating a space for our hopes and dreams to materialize. Maybe some of them will, but they definitely won’t if you don’t create the possibility for it.

By the way, my current GF just asked me what I was writing about and she said bringing a single flower is a nice thing to do and doesn’t go over badly on a first date. For the record, I didn’t use presents on the first date with her, but this is partly because we met dancing and it’s a little hard to put my finger on exactly when the first date was with her. What sealed the deal with her was the day I prepared a picnic lunch in the park. She couldn’t wait to get me home that day, but I dragged it out an extra bit just to keep her on edge.

Gotcha. Well I never heard this phrase before and it’s so hilariously creepy I snorted my drink in. Painful ya know:)

Agree to disagree on fantasies.

You GF is next you and you are on AF?!? Get off ASAP and go… be a boyfriend!

Ah we were with each other all day today. A few moments of downtime helps to make the uptime better. Anyway, we have plans starting in about 15 min. :wink:

I don’t understand why everyone wants to slaughter Bchad here for thinking of a present on a first or any other date.

Maybe in America it will instantly make a girl suspicious, then sorry for you. But in Russia girls love gifts and accept them thankfully, they feel that you have thought of them and tried to go extra mile. You haven’t seen the sparks in their eyes when you give them smth special wrapped up beautifully, literally anything from chocolate to cosmetics. Their narcotics is attention and you should def give them some and they will get addicted.

Unless it is some careeer aspiring feminist b!tch seeking for independence from men, a present will never harm and show that you are not lazy.

bchad, somehow reading your posts reminds me of a phyisicst named Sean Carroll and i don’t know why…(completely unrelated to the thread by the way,most of which i did not read)…I also do not understand why giving gifts to someone you like is so controversial when it is done thoughtfully.

It’s because most guys get burned being a “nice guy” so they then habitually avoid anything they think will give them those same results. It’s not BChad’s gift that is important - it’s the intention and how it comes off. I’m sure BChad isn’t doing it as a needy thing and it doesn’t come off that way. I do things that most guys would assume wouldn’t work with girls, becuase they have the nice guy complex. But maybe if they did it, it wouldn’t work the same since I actually did it to do it, not to impress :slight_smile:

For those who didn’t read the whole thread. We were talking not about the gifts in general (obviously a nice gesture), but about getting the gift on the FIRST date. When you don’t even know each other.

It’s ok to be sentimental and cheesy with Russians. They dig it, unlike us.

This should settle the debate once and for all: http://youtu.be/NPgYw5i9660

While we were talking about the pros and cons of gifts, this good point got lost in the shuffle. Wholly agree. It was a very pleasant surprise to find highly attractive women respond positively to this.

Didn’t go with a gift and everything went well, will probably meet up again during the week after work sometime. Maybe I’ll go with a small gift the next time…we’ll see, that chocolate idea sounded interesting.

Great! Keep us posted:)

Skip the chocolate. Take her for some chocolate cake dessert instead!

Did you give her the motor boat?

You motor boating son-of-a-bitch!

You old sailor you!

Did you pick her uip in the car or will you save that gem for another time?

KR - you don’t happen to be a server at a poker game in Park Slope do you? I met this mid twenties russian girl trying to break into the finance game sat night.

No, it wasn’t me:) I already work in finance.

What did you play? Texas hold’em?

Yah, i only play holdem at these places. Once in a while ill play PLO or some rotation but that is on rare occassions.

That gem is for another time…mainly because my car is residing in DC bro…im bringing it up when I move near the end of August because that place will have a parking spot…no parking at my current joant.

Bump because its the closest thing I can find to the russian chick threads. The search here sucks.

So the girl who’s party I went to last night is russian (see other thread). Ate russian food. Some of it was awful, ie caviar. And vegetables tossed in mayo aka Russian salad.

I’m not really sure what to do here. I kind of like her; she’s older, good job, etc. Not sure what this post is meant to do. Ugh. I feel like it should be mimosa time.