Yo, Ohai

Did you not think to get Wifi installed in your doomsday bunker? Besides, turns out this COVID thing isn’t so bad after all, so you can come out now.

@ohai we need confirmation of life

we also need update to net worth statement!

^ I’m assuming this is why we haven’t heard from him. He probably panic sold when his portfolio was down -40% and now is no longer the alpha in terms of net worth on AF.

SSO was down 61% from the peak! Only down 34% now though!
in all seirousniess, hopefully he is doing ok. he signed off right around corona.

SSO vs SPY
10 years - 347% vs 170%

who would have thought that bull market would last 11 years. hopefully yall bought! i was in still college baby listening to asher roth!

i had no moniesss then. so sadddd. but now i got 380k! bang bang!

Bump.
Hello? Earth to Ohai. Need proof of life, please.

Not sure where you get those numbers

just re-did it not sure where those came from here is 10 year return 3/2010 - 4/2020

SSO - 456%
SPY - 203%

here is port visualizer - not sure if they are using month end or what but very close
https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio?s=y&timePeriod=2&startYear=2010&firstMonth=3&endYear=2020&lastMonth=4&calendarAligned=true&includeYTD=false&initialAmount=10000&annualOperation=0&annualAdjustment=0&inflationAdjusted=true&annualPercentage=0.0&frequency=4&rebalanceType=1&absoluteDeviation=5.0&relativeDeviation=25.0&showYield=false&reinvestDividends=true&portfolioNames=false&portfolioName1=Portfolio+1&portfolioName2=Portfolio+2&portfolioName3=Portfolio+3&symbol1=SPY&allocation1_1=100&symbol2=SSO&allocation2_2=100

1 Like

Oh my mistake I thought you meant SSO was negative in your initial numbers. That’s why I was confused