You CFA level III candidates, how old are you?

38 when I started, 40 when I got my charter.

I’m older than that, now.

Will take it offline mate

1. 2 kids, one of which was born just a few months before taking Level 2 last year. That was fun, don’t plan your kids around the CFA program but if you DO, don’t have one 3 months before the test.

31 with 2 kids

^^ Seems, you didn’t even plan, but, apparently, it happened,accidentally, during the euphoria after passing the L1 exam :slight_smile:

#IKnowIt && #CantHelpIt

If he passed L1 in the previous December, it’s going to be a problem.

Then I guess it doesn’t bode well for me if I pass L3 this week :confused:

I’d be interested to see an average age sitting for L3 once we have enough data as I was talking with the guy next to me in the exam hall (BEFORE books were out, folks) about this very topic. We were guessing the median is ~28 with a mean of ~30, being skewed higher by some 50+ year old candidates in our testing center.

almost 27

25 second try

35 w 2 kids. I’m really impressed with those in their mid to late 20s able to tackle the program. I tried in my early 20s to pass Cfa level 1 but failed twice. Fast forward 10 years and I’ve now completed the CAIA program, CFA L1 and 2, and frm L1 over a 2 year stretch. I simply could not balance work, social life, and studies in my younger days. All of the exams are as much a test of discipline and endurance as they are anything else.

1. Adopted a baby boy in December and my wife is due with #2 this November. I sure hope I pass this year…

37 with an 8 year old son!

Hoping for the charter and a younger kid by next year!!

Pushing 40 with a 2 small kiddos

27 years old and 2 kids really hoping to pass this year!

31 here.

Some stats based on the 33 responses so far (including my own)

31.7 Average 31.0 Median 22.0 Youngest 41.0 Oldest