You CFA level III candidates, how old are you?

Honestly lot easier for the youngsters to retain what they learn. In fact the average time spent will be lot lower for youngsters than candidates that are older.

turning 38 in few months, 3 kids !

33 with 1 kid. Hoping I pass so I can spend more time with her instead of studying.

Interesting to see the range of ages here. In my test center (Boston) I was definitely on the older end of candidates. I’d say most were mid 20s

30 years old with 1 kid

25 years old.

Man, I really hope you guys with kids pass this year! The little ones will be less little every year.

36 Years old. 2 kids - 7yr and 2 yrs old.

Cleared Level 1 and 2 in first attempts. Hope to clear L3 too this time. Fingers crossed. Without my spouse’s support these wouldn’t have been possible. I hope all married men/women on this forum agree how crucial a supportive spouse is to pursue CFA.

I thought I will be one of the very few who is in their mid 30s but so surprised to see more number of ppl older than me taking the exam. Hats off to all and to everyone who took the bold decision to pursue CFA regardless of their age and family commitments.

For the youngsters out there, do complete as many courses - CFA, FRM, CAIA etc before you get married and start a family so you don’t have to sacrifice your family time, social life and funtime with kids like most of the married men/women have sacrificed.

Good luck to everyone for Tuesday’s results.

I wouldn’t totally agree. It might be easier for young folks to learn new stuff easier. But on the other hand older candidates have much more experience which makes it easier to tackle specific topics. For example the derivatives stuff seems to be quite challenging for many candidates. For me (39 years old when I sat for L1 and 41 years when I passed L3) it was one of the easiest topics since the knowledge of these products is a prerequisite for my job.

This of course also means that the charter is much more valuable for younger candidates (but nevertheless both can gain from the networking).

^^ My post above is meant to be an answer to hedgee’s post (“Honestly lot easier for the youngsters to retain what they learn. In fact the average time spent will be lot lower for youngsters than candidates that are older.”)

38 with one kid

am the oldest at 44 yrs 4 months 22 days to be precise! First timer at level 3. Took level 1 in dec 2015 and level 2 in june 2016

Haha, I am 45 and will sit level III first time in June 2018 when I am 46.

I think I am the oldest so far on here, but there were several older than me at my last exam. If I pass level 3 , it will be on the 18 month plan.

Regarding being out of school or older and studying, I didn’t feel any real difference. I’ve taken lots of certification exams and studying didn’t seem to get harder. For the CFA, initially I only studied about 45 minutes at once (Level 1), later 2 hours was fine.

24…Passed L1 in 2016 and L2 this year.

1. Two daughters. aged 7.5 and 2.5. a suggestion to the youngsters. complete the programme when single. its challenging after you have kids.
  1. when i started CFA program, I was 37.