You go Boss

Just got word that my boss is leaving and I will get a brand new shiny one that I have never met before. Exciting. Think I will pour a whisky coke and light up at my desk, chill for a few weeks…

Yh, your new boss will want to seem like the ‘cool new boss’ . Take advantage of this and let him know all the things (ie makeup) your old boss elt you get away with…

My soon to be ex boss is in another country and I am left to my own devices. Long may it continue. My new boss probably doesn’t even know I exist. A very happy situation as long as he remembers me at bonus time…

I’m guessing it’s not a firm shake up? Only boss change I’ve had was when they brought in a new CIO and he cleaned house…no chill at all, really.

congrats mudadaddhuudddaa!

Actually it is part of an ongoing firm shake up. But I am nonplussed either way. It’s stay and same old or go and pay off. I reckon i’d do alright out of that.

I’m about to be on my 3rd boss in 2 years. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. You almost have to start from 0 each time. Good for the lazy SOBs in the office, but not so much for the performers.

Rather bizarre twist. I had a call with my departing boss and I asked him who I would report to. His response, verbatim “Who would you like to be your boss?”. I kid you not, I spent the next 10 minutes discussing who should be my boss. Weird huh? I should have said I only report to god and my wife. But then i’m an atheist/agnostic/secular/can’t be bothered and I don’t listen much to my wife.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rather bizarre twist. I had a call with my > departing boss and I asked him who I would report > to. His response, verbatim “Who would you like to > be your boss?”. I kid you not, I spent the next 10 > minutes discussing who should be my boss. Weird > huh? > > I should have said I only report to god and my > wife. But then i’m an > atheist/agnostic/secular/can’t be bothered and I > don’t listen much to my wife. Should have said muddahudda the new boss.

A friend spent half a year without a boss until HR found there was no one who could write a performance review on the guy. Best six months of his life, he said.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rather bizarre twist. I had a call with my > departing boss and I asked him who I would report > to. His response, verbatim “Who would you like to > be your boss?”. I kid you not, I spent the next 10 > minutes discussing who should be my boss. Weird > huh? > > I should have said I only report to god and my > wife. But then i’m an > atheist/agnostic/secular/can’t be bothered and I > don’t listen much to my wife. That was a hint for you to showcase yourself. If you didn’t say yourself, you missed the boat.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Muddahudda Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Rather bizarre twist. I had a call with my > > departing boss and I asked him who I would > report > > to. His response, verbatim “Who would you like > to > > be your boss?”. I kid you not, I spent the next > 10 > > minutes discussing who should be my boss. Weird > > huh? > > > > I should have said I only report to god and my > > wife. But then i’m an > > atheist/agnostic/secular/can’t be bothered and > I > > don’t listen much to my wife. > > > That was a hint for you to showcase yourself. If > you didn’t say yourself, you missed the boat. Not at all. Nobody works within an acephalous organisational structure at large firms. Operationally I need to have a reporting line, even if it is the CEO (which incidentally is my bosses boss). Don’t get me wrong, he well knows I am self sufficient as I hadn’t spoken to him for months before this call. I still need to get my expenses signed off by someone though and discuss options if something cataclysmic happens.

What do you do muddahudda?

Good question. Best way to describe it is ‘offshore multi billion dollar investment manager and country head/CEO’. Yes, that sounds good. I might struggle to keep a straight face during an interview while saying that, but it happens to be about right. It’s very, very niche.

where you offshoring all this money tooo??

My bank account! I wish.

Im sure you got holding companies masking money movements all over the place…

I officially have no boss. He’s already left according to his PA. Moreover he didn’t have leaving drinks. That sucks big time. I was looking forward to flying over to London and catching up with my peeps. The big question is… who the fluck signs off my expenses? I’m tempted to run up a few sizeable bar bills during this limbo period…

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I officially have no boss. He’s already left > according to his PA. > > Moreover he didn’t have leaving drinks. That sucks > big time. I was looking forward to flying over to > London and catching up with my peeps. > > The big question is… who the fluck signs off my > expenses? I’m tempted to run up a few sizeable bar > bills during this limbo period… I would think of any time, this could be possibly the worst to rack up the miles/points/euros. You calling some higher up dude: “Yeah, so my boss was kind of alright or whatever, but he left and he used to approve these ridiculous bills from when I pop bottles. Do you know who I should refer these monstrosities to?” There is an 8% chance dude likes your style. 1-minus that chance it goes the other way.