You know it's almost time to sell when.....

…you see your (unsophisticated investor) friends on FB posting updates on how great their portfolio looks and how they plan on pouring more money into the market now that it’s recovered. IMO smart money has been waiting for small investors to dive in to take their profits and distribute their holdings. Look out below after we run out of new money coming into the market. I give it until mid/end of November.

Yeah, those unsophisticated investors… how unsophisticated they are, unlike us.

Bookmarked. See you between 15th & 30th November.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, those unsophisticated investors… how > unsophisticated they are, unlike us. I lol’ed +10

Independently of your friend posting on FB, I bought a number of long dated puts on a range of indices - DAX, Hang Seng etc for a 10% fall. Think the market got overly excited about Australia raising interest rates which confirms my feeling that everyone is positively looking out for good news despite the fact that very little actually exists.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, those unsophisticated investors… how > unsophisticated they are, unlike us. ok that came off as pompous…i don’t consider myself sophisticated, but someone who works in the industry and follows the market on a daily basis. i just find it interesting that i’m starting to see people I know who work in say marketing or as teachers who are just now getting excited about the market recovery. i think it’s just in time for insiders to sell out.

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …you see your (unsophisticated investor) > friends on FB posting updates on how great their > portfolio looks and how they plan on pouring more > money into the market now that it’s recovered. > > IMO smart money has been waiting for small > investors to dive in to take their profits and > distribute their holdings. Look out below after > we run out of new money coming into the market. I > give it until mid/end of November. Smart money considers you and everyone on this site as unsophisticated too. Just because you follow the markets on a daily basis doesn’t mean you can invest profitably. It’s like sports analysts. Just because they analyze the game and know the strengths and weaknesses of every player, doesn’t mean they can correctly predict the outcome of games.

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …you see your (unsophisticated investor) > friends on FB posting updates on how great their > portfolio looks and how they plan on pouring more > money into the market now that it’s recovered. “Recovered” hehe. Ya I agree with that general feel. It feels a more than a bit bloated, the fundamentals are f’d, but that doesn’t mean the delusional climb won’t continue since it is driven by these goofy unsophisticated investors who think it is all sweet now.

Yea thinking about selling out of my inflation protected fund right about now… Enjoyed a nice little run up in the past few months… The thing won’t hold water once the fed starts raising rates (which then invariably will)

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jbaldyga Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > …you see your (unsophisticated investor) > > friends on FB posting updates on how great > their > > portfolio looks and how they plan on pouring > more > > money into the market now that it’s recovered. > > > > IMO smart money has been waiting for small > > investors to dive in to take their profits and > > distribute their holdings. Look out below > after > > we run out of new money coming into the market. > I > > give it until mid/end of November. > > > Smart money considers you and everyone on this > site as unsophisticated too. Just because you > follow the markets on a daily basis doesn’t mean > you can invest profitably. > > It’s like sports analysts. Just because they > analyze the game and know the strengths and > weaknesses of every player, doesn’t mean they can > correctly predict the outcome of games. see my post right before yours. i don’t consider myself sophisticated and i’m not arrogant enough to think that I can go up against smart money and profit. poorly worded opening to this thread. my only point is that the higher we go (esp. this quickly) the less confident i am in sustaining higher levels, so now is not the time to jump in IMO. yet that’s what a some small investors i know seem to be doing.