You know what really stinks??

When you forget to bring your CFAI book in to read all about Behavoiral Finance. Well I guess I’ll have to only read about it in Stalla today. Damnit that sucks! Behind schedule already. :slight_smile:

i have a tip… u must score perfect in the PM…and that means 70%+ in all sections to ensure you are through… the morning session is incredibly tricky… u just dont have a clue what you are gonna get when the results come out… i remember one of the guys posted a PASS score and he had perfect in the PM…and almost all below 50% in the AM. Most people last year had bad scores in the AM… even many of those who passed… For the morning, they do expect you to memorize Behavioural biases like anchoring, overconfidence, loss aversion etc etc… Thus if you forgot your behavioural book…look at fixed income derivatives on the internet…or risk management (VaR etc)…those surely show up in the evening…

Or I’ll just read Stalla now and CFAI later…

A crucial mistake. Willy’s failing this time for sure.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A crucial mistake. Willy’s failing this time for > sure. Kiss of death from Joey

Well, Willy’s pretty smart. He might be able to overcome this one.

Joey, I woke up this morning and there was a horse’s head (not a$$) next to me…is this a gift from you? And don’t worry I’m reading the CFAI Behavorial finance stuff this morning.

must be nice to have a job where you can study at work! yikes (i’m jealous)

Can you really study at work? Real study requires a quiet area where you can focus for an extended period of time. I’m able to study at work but choose not too because I find it’s too ineffective.

Yea I tried to study at work and its a lost cause. Maybe later in the game when I had my index cards made thatll work. But for now its impossible to get a good chunk of time to read at work.

I only study before hours, before anyone gets in, besides that no I can’t study at work! I wish I was one of those that can when time was slow, unfortunately I don’t have quiet periods.

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you really study at work? Real study requires > a quiet area where you can focus for an extended > period of time. I’m able to study at work but > choose not too because I find it’s too > ineffective. That depends who you are - I hate studying in libraries and other tomb-like places because I have to take lots of ritalin to stay awake. I like studying next to trading floors, in fast food restaurants, in bars (I’ve been booted for loitering more times than I can count), etc.

I am the same way you are Joey I study much better in a crowded spot. Can you recommend any spots in Southwestern CT?

yoyoy willy whats up man. CFAI coverage of behavior finance is HORRIBLE. I’ve read it and i have more questions then answers.

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am the same way you are Joey I study much better > in a crowded spot. Can you recommend any spots in > Southwestern CT? Just the same kinds of places you know - I’ve put in study hours at Starbucks, Horseneck Tavern in Greenwich, Thataway at the bottom of Greenwich Ave when you can go outside, coffee shop at the Greenwich library, Dry Dock Cafe in Norwalk. None of those places kicked me out for loitering. I was kicked out of Burger King in Norwalk for loitering once. There are drug deals going down in the store and they kick me out for loitering.

Hey CSK, how was your vacation from CFA? I can’t wait for mine to come back again and I just started. I find behavorial finance very interesting, whether I’ll remember everything is another story, but I guess it helps that I find it interesting, right?

Thanks Joey, They just put in a Cosi off exit 35 of the merrit, tons of study room and noone has bothered me.

The best place has to be the bathroon. I am more relaxed in that little confined space. It also imposes a kind of spacial discipline- Nowhere to go until until after I wipe my …

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks Joey, They just put in a Cosi off exit 35 > of the merrit, tons of study room and noone has > bothered me. I didn’t like that at all - the restaurant that was there before had this monster sald bar and delicious burgers. I thought they had the best burgers in Stamford. I also like studying in the bathroom. If you run out of TP there’s always those Schweser sections on behavioral finance.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > UAECFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can you really study at work? Real study > requires > > a quiet area where you can focus for an > extended > > period of time. I’m able to study at work but > > choose not too because I find it’s too > > ineffective. > > That depends who you are - I hate studying in > libraries and other tomb-like places because I > have to take lots of ritalin to stay awake. I > like studying next to trading floors, in fast food > restaurants, in bars (I’ve been booted for > loitering more times than I can count), etc. Let me rephrase. Studying requires a place where you can zero in on the material for extended periods of time, whether it’s quiet or not. At work, I am asked for information too many times in a day to be able to study. Also, I can’t focus because I have work-related items in the back of my mind that isn’t a priority, yet I could be working on.