You know you're obsessed with the CFA program when...

You spend every available second of your commute going through flashcards; You’re thinking of OAS when your better half’s asking you if her new dress is a little too figure-hugging; You don’t even allow yourself a few minutes away from the CFA program on your toilet break; Every meal you prepare after work at night is timed to the nth degree so that you can get more study done…

The month of May = Red Bull + Pizza.

you have dreams about how to calculate a FRA’s value… Im serious, last year it was the three input dupont model and hypothesis testing this year is all about derivatives and trying to remember what heteroskedasticy is.

Yep, crazy f@cking dreams for me last night calculating RI and gains that were unreal…off the charts, but it was like I was literally writing out/doing questions with a pencil all night. SO REAL!

Thats so funny, I have dreams about FRA’s and SWAP pricing. I swear I also have daily thoughts about heteroskedasticy as well.

you start calculating your own free cash flow and realize you had a huge FCInv in the CFA books, and hence have zero fcf to party

I was just telling people at work how I go through formulas and calculations in my dreams sometimes. Which is actually kind of baller. I can now say that I can calculate the value of an FRA in my sleep.

… you begin to find pleasure in the pain it brings.

You seriously contemplate taking your Secret Sauce to a funeral of someone you sorta knew so you can read it during the eulogy …sick, I know . . . . . . . . so should I take it with me?

I weigh 250+ no lie

jpm351 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I weigh 250+ no lie for the CFA this is something of a good thing. If I see paler more overweight people on exam day I’m going to be like man that guy is so hardcore, he obviosly studied a ton and knows this junk inside out.

Hahahaha! What a bunch of obsessives we’ve all become! Had my caffeine hit for the evening, now if only I could find the will to stop playing Foo Fighters on my guitar and revise FCFF ,argh…lol RE: I weigh 250+… Finally got out of the apartment today at 1730, it felt so good to go for a 5 mile run…no way I’m gonna let myself slide, I’ll be fish food lol --> planning on a surf trip to Biarritz, France early September… Any other surfers taking the CFA program?

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you have dreams about how to calculate a FRA’s > value… > > Im serious, last year it was the three input > dupont model and hypothesis testing this year is > all about derivatives and trying to remember what > heteroskedasticy is. oh yes!!! I can attest to that, I woke up in fear of not knowing how to value an FRA!! and you know what I got online and did a Qbank review lol, freaky

I am dreaming about doing practice problems every night now. When I am dreaming, I ALWAYS get the problems right. Is that a good thing?

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am dreaming about doing practice problems every > night now. When I am dreaming, I ALWAYS get the > problems right. Is that a good thing? it’s not a good or bad thing. It’s a dream.

Kakane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any other surfers taking the CFA > program? Hells yeah. Haven’t been in a couple of years though and I suck. I hear you on staying in shape for the beach. Going a few weeks after June 7th. I’ve cut my workouts down to three 5 mile runs a week and an hour on weights on the alternating days. Not letting myself start getting back into outdoor sports until after the program though, that is the real time killer (and what I really miss).

I studied during my grandfather’s funeral… maile Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You seriously contemplate taking your Secret Sauce > to a funeral of someone you sorta knew so you can > read it during the eulogy …sick, I know > . > . > so should I take it with me?

i don’t know what to say. i barely think about the exam and we’re 3 weeks out. before today, i hadn’t read an entire ss front-to-back. i wish i could get obsessed about this stuff, but it’s just so trivial to me. now trivia… that’s something i can get into.

Brother Bilo, cool man, bet those words will make a nice ringing sound in your ears if you fail and think about where else you could have spent the $1,000. I’m not saying you will fail, although I’d certainly bet against you, its more that I can handle failing and knowing that I did the best I could in the time I had, I’m fine with that. But what I’m not ready to come to terms with is giving it anything but 100%, because if I fail knowing I didn’t give it the proper time and respect, well then I’d just feel like a giant bag of douche. Some of my proudest moments in sports and life have been losses, because looking back I know that I really laid it on the line, as opposed to some of my less memorable wins that I know I performed poorly in. Of course the best is always going all out and winning, but hey, sometimes life just doesn’t cooperate.

I’m figured I was quite obsessed when I was in bed with my gf and in the middle of the action I thought of how useful it would be to put a book on her back. Anyway…