You need to do the CFAI Questions!

The questions are much more probing than either Q-Bank or the Schweser concept checkers and reveal a lot of nuances which might show up on test day. I did all the Econ Qs yesterday and started FSA today. It was extremely painful at times but I feel like my grasp of the concepts took a quantum leap.

that’s where i’m at. cheers!

thanks for the heads-up, nirjraina probably more relevant now in L2 than in L1, since L2 is more comprehensive and harder overall

Agree with OP. I believe the QBank is better to be used as a tool for memory retention while the CFAI questions are meant for strengthening your understanding of the materials.

Thanks for the heads up, Nirj! I should be done by my 1st pass in 1st week of April and then I have 3 options to go A. Do QBank all readings and then do CFAI B. So CFAI EOC-Q’s and then do QBank C. Simultaneously keep doing CFAI and QBank for a particular reading chosen? What do you all recommend?

My preference: C: do CFAI EOC-Qs first then Qbank for each reading … hang in there!

sorry…what is Qbank?

Kidding?

Just finished first pass… great advice nirjraina, gonna spend my next 20 days or so reviewing my notes, chapter summaries, the schweser video, then the CFAI questions for each reading to really try to hammer all of the important stuff home before moving on… A lot of sleepless nights ahead, but am very excited to be done with the reading… Nothing can be more boring than just reading these books front to back and just taking notes, i am ready for the good stuff…

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The questions are much more probing than either > Q-Bank or the Schweser concept checkers and reveal > a lot of nuances which might show up on test day. > I did all the Econ Qs yesterday and started FSA > today. It was extremely painful at times but I > feel like my grasp of the concepts took a quantum > leap. I agree. did quant, econ, FSA. moving to corp finance and equity this week and hope to finish Qbank FSA+Corp finance by the end of this week. Ya its really an eye opener. L2 is just so freaking complicated and more involved!

I have been taking a look through the questions at the end of each section of the CFAI materials as I finish each section of the Schweser notes. They definately add to the learning process. Does anyone know why the majority of them are not multiple choice? Also, is anyone noticing a lot of mistakes in the Schweser question answers? I think they messed up a bunch when they transfered them from 4 answer choices to 3 answer choices. Example: Equity Book, SS 12: Free Cash Flow valuation, question 3 should be answer B, not C.

yeah the errata on the website shows a ton of mistakes on the cfai questions… so check that out… I think they are meant to be more conceptual and to make you think more and explain your answer, that is why some arent multiple choice… they are trying to show you that you should understand the answer and the reasoning behind it.

minos4343 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sorry…what is Qbank? Q bank is the bank where most candidates make deposits into in order to pass the CFA exams. These deposits are payable in time, and the bank is an electronic question bank offered by Schweser.

Here is what I did for Level I and plan on doing for level 2. 1) Study Schweser Notes and doing all the problems. 2)Review Schweser-Reworking most problems and going over tough areas 3)Take atleast 1 complete Schweser Test 4)Look to the CFA text to remove weak areas 5)Work the other 2 Schweser Test and each time I work a Scweser Test and I identify a weak area I will look to the CFA text to make thing more clear. 6)After I work the CFAI Test and I identify more weakness I will look toward the CFA Text. Basically I use Schweser to obtain a solid background and I use the CFA Text to remove the deficiencies.

I’m in the final stages of the stalla notes and bought the Qbank for review. I’m planning on pounding out the qbank exams to strenthen my weak areas and then hit up the CFAI practice exams to see how I do. Should have 2-3 weeks left to iron everything out and lose the rest of my hair :wink: