You were laughing on Friday... tomorrow is...payday?

Rebecca Black, Viral Video Star Rebecca Black, a 13-year-old pop singer from Anaheim Hills, California, was mocked for her music video “Friday” which was uploaded onto YouTube after her mom paid $2,000 for a production company to produce it in 2011. But withstanding the ridicule has paid off. Since the video was released onto the web, it’s been downloaded on iTunes over 2 million times and a payout rate of 70 cents per song has earned black at least $1.4 million. Black also stands to profit from receiving a percentage of the ad revenue - along with the production company, Ark Music Factory - from YouTube. http://financialedge.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0511/People-You-Wont-Believe-Are-Millionaires.aspx?partner=ntu5

I did say, it looked like mom and dad paid for a production company to do it for her. I think they could have afforded $100 more to hire a quality writer… maybe the geeky kid down the street even.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did say, it looked like mom and dad paid for a > production company to do it for her. > > I think they could have afforded $100 more to hire > a quality writer… maybe the geeky kid down the > street even. I dunno, I think they realized that this girl had no talent whatsoever and made the song a complete joke on purpose, realizing it would go viral on the internet. Had it been just an ordinary song with her terrible voice, it would have gone unnoticed. Well played by the production company.