YOUR PROGRESS?

“Your not going to hate me. I’m just getting done with FSA multi international. I, also am in worse shape than I was last year, but the enthusiasm isn’t there like it was last year. Not to mention, this year, its worse because I know these material, but not really well enough.” Couldn’t have summed up my own sentiments any better…well, granted, I would have used “You’re” not “Your”.

As always, I can count on you.

If nothing else Houston, you have that.

Finished Ethics, Quant, Econ, FSA, and half way through Corp fin all with Stalla. I’d say I’m a week behind schedule.

Ethics thru Equity 1 with STalla, following their schedule, plus FI I did in January (CFAI) how much is retained is anyone’s question…o_0 I’m saving most of Qbank and CFAI questions for end of April through May…it’s always good to be humbled or crushed before the exam

I’m finishing Session 14 this weekend. I’ve been using CFAI materials only and I’m planning on finishing reading through everything in 3-4 weeks. Then I will spend 2 months doing Q-bank 120 question exams and reviewing Secret Sauce. Good luck to everyone!

I brought a book to Vegas a couple weeks ago. Read about 3 pages on the plane and then decided to nap to rest up for the trip. Didn’t open it again until 2 days after I got back home.

Books to Vegas is a great idea and I encourage everyone to try it.

Its not too late just yet… I’m only halfway through FSA after having a couple of very light weeks of studying and only starting to feel panicky. Going at a good clip now though and hoping to get FSA finished, CorpFin, and Derivs done by the end of Easter Weekend, and onward from there. All Schweser for me…

Don’t bother bringing books to Vegas. Maybe bring one book to read on the plane ride back when the guilts set in, but don’t bother trying to study while out there. or that’s my opinion… i went for a few days around May 5th last year when studying for L1.

am a returning candidate… am not going to vegas… am really bored with this stuff already… am annoyed that CFA has NEW material from both Level 1 and Level 2 shoved in here… am done with the first 3 books or schweser…and begun Asset Valuation (book 4) recently… am NOT looking forward to this exam again!!!

im gonna finish corp. finance this weekend which will cover me through SS 9…half way there. im not too sure where im gonna go from there though.

trying to push through PM with a huge headache. haven’t gotten to the point where i’ve given up going out yet… makes for some painful studying. hope to finish PM this weekend, have derivatives left, then it’s q-bank march/april madness.

Finished Fixed Income today in time for my first St. Patty’s Day in NYC…

I was going at a decent clip until I ran into SS 12 in equities which has taken me all week. I have SS 13, Econ and Quant to go (already read Econ & Quant, but very early on and no qbank questions for the two). Hopefully be done with first review and 800 qbankers by March 31 (currently at 634, could care less about the score). Did anyone else find SS 12 difficult? It is still challenging to me even after a read, video, questions and review study…

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ way to make feel guilty and bad dude, > good for you for finishing the stuff once > already…well done… I don’t think I am putting in any more time than anybody else, so I am starting to wonder about the quality of my studying. I don’t think I am going to fast, but considering that I was here last year also, maybe I should slow down. I am reading Schweser, highlighting, taking additional notes on what appears to be important topics (I have multi national FSA stuff down to 3 pages and pensions on 2). But Mongo not so smart, so he need many passes thru this stuff to make it stick.

I have Derivatives, Port Managment, and Ethics left to cover. I too found SS12 to be time consuming… all said and done I spent 2 weeks on it.

planner- SS12 is by far the hardest of the equities section. I need to review FCFE/FCFF in a big way… definitely has not stuck in my head yet.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > planner- SS12 is by far the hardest of the > equities section. I need to review FCFE/FCFF in a > big way… definitely has not stuck in my head > yet. thanks bannisja. I’m glad you are having trouble with it - just kidding. Just glad I’m not alone. I’m sure the FCFE/FCFF will sink in for you and all b/f the exam. Best of luck.

SS12 is damm difficult to understand in the 1st go. I have quicky read the Schweser on it and moved on, since the time is very less but I need to re-read FCFF/FCFE stuff all over again to get the understanding of those derived formulaes.