Your Vote

If you are talking about the balance between the Ayatollah and the president then that is an interesting subject. However, your first remark simply implies ignorance and prejudice to me. The president was elected. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_presidential_election%2C_2005 He may have been the Ayatollah’s first choice, but the guy before him certainly wasn’t which implies to me that the people have a choice. It is a sad thing that his predecessor, who was a reformist, received so little support from the west. Bill.S.Preston,Esq Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^Idiotic post. You cannot truly believe that Iran > is a democracy.

…and don’t get me wrong. I think the guy is a loon. I just hate it when people only accept democracies that produce guys they like. TheBigBean Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you are talking about the balance between the > Ayatollah and the president then that is an > interesting subject. However, your first remark > simply implies ignorance and prejudice to me. > > The president was elected. > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_presidential_ > election%2C_2005 > > He may have been the Ayatollah’s first choice, but > the guy before him certainly wasn’t which implies > to me that the people have a choice. It is a sad > thing that his predecessor, who was a reformist, > received so little support from the west. > > > > > Bill.S.Preston,Esq Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^Idiotic post. You cannot truly believe that > Iran > > is a democracy.

Folks - Uh, it was just a feeble attempt at humor. I think blasting the ball into outer space is pretty funny, but I see the point about wasting money needlessly (on the other hand suppose we just gave it to some space shuttle guy to toss into space - that wouldn’t cost anything would it?)

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Folks - Uh, it was just a feeble attempt at humor. > I think blasting the ball into outer space is > pretty funny, but I see the point about wasting > money needlessly (on the other hand suppose we > just gave it to some space shuttle guy to toss > into space - that wouldn’t cost anything would > it?) Actually it would cost us all. It’s about $10,000/pound of taxpayer money to send something up on the shuttle.

You don’t say!

What about sending a monkey up into space. I’m sure that would be free right? And if the monkey threw the ball, well, how could anyone be angry at a monkey?