Your Vote

Fellow AF’ers. The Internet has brought as all together from many nations around the world. In the electronic world, everyone is equal. There is no inequality based on race, class, social privilege, gender, or anything except perhaps download speed. Perhaps sometime the rest of the world will regard people as equals in this same kind of way. In the United States, we are commited to this view of the equality of mankind. Indeed, our Declaration of Independence - our most sacred national document - states that “all men are created equal” (the Founders didn’t know much about download speed). We believe that implicit in this view of equality is a commitment to democracy. Many Americans have died defending our democracy against fearsome threats like the Taliban in Afghanistan. Now this American view of democracy is filtering into the equality of the Internet. Finally, all the world has the opportunity to come together and vote for something important to the entire planet. When you visit www.vote756.com, I urge you to consider carefully. The world does not need another monument to greed and drug abuse. Please, I urge you all to vote to blast that cursed thing into outer space.

I just voted to banish it. Marc Ecko is awesome for doing this. Great exposure for his clothing too.

I went with brand it.

Second best choice.

Bestow the baseball hit by the greatest baseball player of all time (who will be surpassed by A-Rod in 5 or so years).

I can create a robot that will hit every pitch thrown in its vicinty 700 ft. So what? He’s just a drug created freak.

Yea, but he’s not a robot. Probably, the majority of mlb’ers were on the juice during that 10 year era, including many pitchers. Juice doesn’t provide raw talent, and look at his Gold Gloves, Stolen Bases, Average, Home Runs, etc. Take out 5-7 years, the best 5-7 years, and he is still in the HOF, if not the best ever: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=1785

Obviously he had raw talent - more than most who ever played the game. However, that is not the argument.

Brand It

Voting done.

Well…I just think he should have spent his money for something better if he would launch the ball to space. How many kids in Africa could he have saved with that money? So I am not voting.

He is going to brand it.

Great point, end of discussion. “Well…I just think he should have spent his money for something better if he would launch the ball to space. How many kids in Africa could he have saved with that money? So I am not voting.”

zigy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well…I just think he should have spent his money > for something better if he would launch the ball > to space. How many kids in Africa could he have > saved with that money? > > So I am not voting. That’s a good point. There are definitely better things to do with money than blast that ball into outer space. How much money does Barry Bonds make and how many kids in Africa has he saved with it?

>How much money does Barry Bonds make and how many kids in Africa has he saved with it? $18mil. this year, was it? I do not know what he does with his money, but you know a lot of pro athlete get involved in charity. At least he is not throwing out his money for nothing. He said “Guy is an idiot” and this time, in rare occasion, I agree. On the other hand, I think I will put “Leave him alone” video on YouTube and get some kind of TV deal. Like I said I am not big fan of Bonds but who cares.

Yep. I told the story awhile back on AF about how I bought lunch with David Cone at a Liver Foundation event (my family disease).

I realise this thread is more humourous than political, but would just like to make two political points: - if the US treated everyone equally Guantanamo bay would not exist - if the US truly believed in democracy it would have supported Hamas and Iran

^Idiotic post. You cannot truly believe that Iran is a democracy.

zigy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >How much money does Barry Bonds make and how many > kids in Africa has he saved with it? > > $18mil. this year, was it? I do not know what he > does with his money, but you know a lot of pro > athlete get involved in charity. At least he is > not throwing out his money for nothing. He said > “Guy is an idiot” and this time, in rare occasion, > I agree. > > On the other hand, I think I will put “Leave him > alone” video on YouTube and get some kind of TV > deal. Like I said I am not big fan of Bonds but > who cares. Do you know about Mark Ecko’s charitable activities? More importantly, it likely cost very little to actually run the website and “ball poll” (hehe) campaign, which he can likely write off as marketing expense. So the real excess is in his purchase of the ball itself. But if you’re going to come down on a guy who makes a purchase such as this, you’re really demonizing the entire sports memorabilia market, and by extension, the entire art, wine, and yacht markets, to mention just a few. How much money could you have made and sent to Africa if you had been working instead of posting here? Jerk.

You are right I do not know his charity activity. If he does that, he has my respect. But he could have donated that money he spent “in his purchase of the ball itself” IF and only if he was even WILLING TO DISCARD IN SPACE. If he did not have this option, I have not problem about what he does. >How much money could you have made and sent to Africa if you had been working instead of posting here? Well at least I am not throwing away any money. But yeah, if I have enough money to throw away, I would definitely not launch it in space.