Your Worst Job Ever.

DoubleDip Wrote: > > Just as I was locking up, and was still inside the > little booth, he showed up! I held up the > “closed” sign and he pointed to his gun. I had to > give him the store’s money. > Actual threat to life on the job for a few bucks. You win!

I have a buddy that did king crab fishing, said it was the hardest job ever, but got paid well, like 30-35k in a few weeks. Hard work though.

^ That kids a baller!

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > eureka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve had a fair number of jobs, some good some > > bad. The worst one ever was selling speakers > out > > of the back of a van (I kid you not). > Basically > > you drive around with a partner in a big white > van > > full of speakers and hollar out of the window > at > > people “Hey, you want to buy some speakers”. > > Although to my knowledge the merch was obtained > > legally, the key is to make it seem as shady as > > possible so that people think they are getting > a > > deal. Nothing beats pulling up next to > somebody > > on an interstate and yelling over the wind “I > can > > sell you two really nice speakers for $100. > > Whaddaya say?”. I was once threatened with a > gun. > > I quit this job and began selling spa > packages, > > much nicer target market. > > > I was solicited by two guys out of a white van > just as you described while I was getting gas. > They just wouldn’t let up and kept talking to me > about the speakers. A month later, THE SAME GUYS > tried to sell them to me again in a different > location. Of course by that time they didn’t > remember who I was. Pretty annoying. This has to be the funniest business model I have ever seen.

If anyone knows anyone that has some King Crab or regular fishing jobs open, let me know. I am willing to take 2 weeks off and work hard labor for 2 weeks lol

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If anyone knows anyone that has some King Crab or > regular fishing jobs open, let me know. I am > willing to take 2 weeks off and work hard labor > for 2 weeks lol I knew a guy who did it in college. It is a real risky job. A few times he was swept overboard and thought he was done for…

I love the speaker/van story!