East vs West

You learn something new everyday -

apparently not all of us got the same AM exam (or PM exam), and the key was the 4-digit number in the right upper corner (e.g. 7171 vs 8181). Which may or may not be how ChickenTikka could breeze through the AM while the rest of us struggled. (I have no clude where Greenman actually went for the exam. His AM was good so maybe he is the outlier if he was in US.)

I jus want to know if this was an East vs West thing? Like all USAns got 7171 but all Australians and HKers got 8181?

I got 7070 / 7171 in London

I received the 7’s in San Diego

Got the 7000’s in Toronto as well.

7000’s in London. Thought AM was pretty straight forward though. Only problem was time management. There was nothing in there that wasn’t in the CFAI material or Schweser I thought. Fair but tough.

7000’s in KUWAIT

Is there probably ONLY ONE version of the morning exam, I’m guessing, judging simply from the past exams released on CFAI website (as prep material)?

In other words, if they did have multiple versions, wouldn’t they release all of them?

I was very time constrained in AM. I remember my number being 8080.

See! One of mine was 7171 but I don’t remember if that was AM or PM.

singapore was 8080 as well

8080 in Atlanta

8x8x India

Looks like people who got 8x8x breezed through the AM but found PM full of weird questions; while people who got 7x7x found AM brutal and PM a cakewalk.

8080 and found AM not actually tough. Well I didnt know some topic areas is my problem and not CFAI problem. Yes there was a slight time constraint. PM was ok, except for some really weird questions… I finished PM in something like 1 hour 55 mins or something and came out with 1 hour to spare as I dont relook at answers I have chosen first.

PM one topic area where I get consistently less than 50 from Level 1 and 2 pained me again in 3 :frowning: I wasnt surprised at all and I dont like that topic a bit. Again my problem and not CFAI problem.

So overall I wouldnt blaim the paper at all, if anything its the way I prepared. But a little pained by the fact that the topic areas which we all thought as heavy weight and important never made it to the exam… So feel a bit bad about it…

Pretty sure two papers exist http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91323055#new

great 2 different papers, i think it actually adds to the fubar that is CFA. Kudos…

I’ll be able to tell when it is released. I remember every single question on that morning.

yes, same with me. I remember AM very well. I can remember lot of PM to an extent too.

since the cfa institute believes in standardization…it does not appear to be logical room cfas point of view to have two diff set of papers…i feel it wud be the same

There were atleast two sets of papers. 8*8* was one set and 7*7* was another…