"Virtually all of the traffic on AnalystForum..."

“… is generated by exam candidates, ensuring that your marketing investment is reaching its intended audience.” and “AnalystForum is the largest and most vibrant online community of CFA candidates […]” Both from http://www.analystforum.com/advertise A cursory glance at page 1 of the CFA Level 3 forum, this morning, would have had a casual onlooker scratching its chin to reconcile the bold sentences above with the stark reality… http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345393http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345312http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345371http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345658http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345454http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345554 Where are the exam candidates? Where is the ‘vibrant’ in this pile of nonsense that has been on for weeks? Oi!, Boardmembers, are you there? Ever considered hiring someone to shovel similar drivel in “Water Cooler” the very moment it is posted and make space for “Discussions of the Level III CFA exam” which is the objective of this forum? You should.​ And yes, you ought to move this terse suggestion from yours truly to watercooler too,…

OP… please move this to the highly coveted Feedback Forum

I’m willing to give this a pass – this is the L3 forum and people did just pass. Are you saying people should not share their enjoyment with the same colleages they went through this process with? I actually agree there should be a “Newly Chartered Forum” or something like that, but it is only a month or two after they found out they passed.

If it was February or March, however, I’d feel differently.

Let me please disagree.

Just look into this:http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345601?page=1, the posts of Audacious, MGR250, GothamSenator

Do you think this all is in accordance with AF rules?

Do you think it is appropriate to mention that the poster is a Charterholder when she is posting THIS kind of dirty mockery and hatred?

Do you think it’s just a joy and good sense of humor?

Do you think your advertisers would be happy to see their logo above the mentioned posts?

Just asking…

Disclaimer 1: I’ve been thinking of reporting the mentioned posts to PCP.

Disclaimer 2: I am not related in any way to the Original Poster in the mentioned thread. Just saw what your joyful chpas wrote and I must say it is really disgusting…

Perish the thought and http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91344605 looked like a good place to do just that.

As to http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91345393

The OP has now received his ‘physical’ (as opposed to virtual?) charter and well done to him!

Those for whom the formidable task remains out of reach will no doubt draw inspiration and encouragement from the achievement.

This being said, the post is now sort of digressing: what framing company has the OP chosen to provide a rigid structure to his charter? will the recent attempt on the part of the OP succeed in getting users to join him in a rendering of the ever-green from Olivia Newton-John?.

Time to move on and move the post elsewhere.

“… is generated by exam candidates, random Indians, an accountant from Texas, and one very angry black man"

I think this is more accurate.

Dude, it’s October… You’ve been here a month and make an idiotic post like this? You can expect to read more vibrant L3 talk in the study period of January to May. I suggest you go back and read older posts to take the edge off.

^love this guy. n0 h0m0

I had in mind to ignore you but that bit about me having ‘been here a month’ gave me reason for pause. More on this later.

For starters, what I do from time to time to take my edge off is none of your business. Let it be known that it is unlikely to be reading ‘older posts’. I hardly find them soothing, you see.

Take yours, for instance. My random sample of your contributions might have been a tad too narrow to form the basis of a conclusive opinion, fact is, what I went through didn’t look like much at all, if I am honest. A few of those posts, it should be noted, were unquestionably in bad taste.

Moving on, whether it is October or any other month has got nothing to do with anything. Given a bit of time and the occasional glance at the calendar you surely will spot the fault in your logic as regards to this point.

Similar faulty logic, and if you have followed me so far I am circling back to where I started, can be found in your sneakily noting that I have been here for [only] one month.

Do I detect in your veiled insinuation the view that to give feedback on this or that aspect of AF one needs to have joined at a certain, unspecified multiple of months in the past (how many? 6? 12? 24?).?

You couldn’t possibly be implying that, could you? That (in your choice of words) would be utterly ‘idiotic’ and against the spirit of cooperation that inspires candidates and charterholders alike to share in these quarters.

Interesting feedback in the Feedback Forum. My feedback to Band 6’s feedback is his feedback sucks, and, seeing as how I have no idea who this person is, I must assume he sucks as well.

Once again, I must express my appreciation for having a forum where I can relay my feedback on fellow AFers.

Even those that suck.

First: I vote (with my powerless, meaningless vote) StL for Chairman of the Board for the feedback forum.

I also agree that Band 6’s feedback is pretty much garbage. I have only been here for a few months, but somehow I have managed to not feel the need to come and complain about the community in that time. You’ll see the community really get down to business in the months before the exam, but many people havent started studying, and others like myself are taking it slow and not going hard.

I think his point that you have been here for a month does hold water, as I am sure if I posted complaints to the forum someone who has been here longer than myself could easily think my opinion wasn’t correct as I havent been around long enough to form an intelligent opinion.

This belongs in the feedba…Holy ****!..Nevermind.

Were you trying to write that in English?

Grammar aside… 7 years of smearing these pages with your witless drivel and such a pas faux. Tut-tut, Sweepey, you disappoint me. You disappoint me deeply.

You may very well appreciate the freedom that the forum offers you, but you should have realized by now that you are in breach of Community Rule # 1 that prohibits posting “any comment that is abusive…” which is exactly what you were hell-bent on doing with your little, futile, puerile, pathetic little excuse for an insult.

As I want to stick around long enough to see whether this will earn you a well deserved ban, I will refrain from an all too easy comeback. More on this later.

It suffices to say that if you intended to vindicate the offended honor of your buddy (he was strangely withdrawn after my little tirade of a couple of days ago… is he hurt?..), you would have been better advised to wait wait a couple of weeks… cold dish and all that, you know? Poorly done indeed.

Boardmembers! Atten-shun! …Stand at ease, stand at ease… while you are no doubt hard at work trying to figure out whether to settle this risible dispute or let it snowball for a while to provide a modicum of entertainment to your devote members, consider this:

Sweep the leg has recently been appointed “Chief Troll Terminator”.

It appears that this appointment, which, it would seem to me, was made in jest, has made the defendant euphoric with a misplaced sense of prestige which, in his own perception, the licence bestows upon the worthy individual who fought valiantly to deserve it.

Sweep the leg, in other words, got carried away, your Honors.

Pity him, censure him, if you must, but don’t ban him. I impolre you, give him a second chance.

Spank him, by all means, spank him on both buttocks but don’t ban him.

Consider what would become of the poor, misguided soul if, in one, misjudged sweep of his leg, he should:

1. be evicted from the forum that gave him a raison d’etre for 7 years, and

2. be stripped of the title he recently so proudly secured.

I can hardly be counted among his closest friends, and yet I do shiver when contemplating the ensuing wreckage.

So, be merciful and magnanimous. Don’t ban him.

Fingers crossed for you, Sweepey…

May I add ‘pointless’, ‘insignificant’, ‘inconsequential’, ‘trivial’, ‘vacuous’ and ‘ridiculous’?

And then, forgive me but you must have realized that Sweepey is in a certain state as I alluded before… have you lost your mind giving him another peerage?

That’s noble of you. Not to feel the need, I mean.

An intrepid approach to life that will earn you very many friends among the powers that be (the Chief Troll Terminators, the Chairmen of boards, etc.) and will supply plenty of fulfillment in years to come.

Two questions: 1) Have you ever tried to transform yourself in a sheep? and 2) don’t you feel the need of a glass of sparkling water after all this lapping up?

_ Faux pas. _

Those who live in glass houses . . . .

Gosh, you went through it with a sieve, haven’t you.

Were there any other incorrect Frenchism you were able to pick in your perusal of my appeal.

Importantly, as a Boardmember, have you pondered on Sweepey’s fate? Do you care to share your point of view on his abusive post? Don’t let us hanging. The forum awaits…

AddText.com generated Image

Igor, your lady’s anguish is misplaced.

No prose, no matter how powerful, and Band 6’s above had indeed a rhythmic quality to it, a crescendo, should make us lose sight of one fundamental fact: STL, as well as Band 6, as well as Igor, are figments of someone’s imagination and, if it can be said that they ‘exist’ they do in the same way as Donald Duck or Santa Claus do. They cannot (or at least they shouldn’t) feel pain and if we sometimes attribute them something akin to an ‘emotion’, that does’t mean that they can feel it. There is nothing real in Band 6 slagging off STL. Importantly, Band 6 made no attempt to pierce the sacred veil and get to whoever impersonates STL. On the other hand, STL tries to do just that and, crassly, childishly decides to charge head first with an “[…] I have no idea who this person is, I must assume he sucks as well.” This is why Band 6, who can spot a bully 10 miles away, prompted the banning of STL. If STL were to be banned, the person (or computer algo) who writes his posts would be back the following day under a different nick-name and would, no doubt, make sure that his (or ‘its’) AF avatar displayed a better, more suitable, behavior. And AF would be a better place. All of the above, of course, does not apply to whoever in this Forum, has decided to abandon the shield of anonymity and, for their own reasons, are coming here as themselves. There is a completely different set of rules in the interactions between them and us and vice-versa.

Band 6, I didn’t even read 70% of your post, but you’re a total loser.

Props for the Trumpian wording of that ohai. I agree this is all coming out like a butthurt therapy session.