Bros - need guidance

Girl I dumped 2 weeks ago just told me she is 7 weeks pregnant and that she’s had an ultrasound. She want’s to keep it. 

WTF - can you even have an ultrasound that soon? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

I guess you did not put tabasco sauce in the condom. This is the first thing I learned on AF. 

Anyway, what is your question, so Nery and Greenman can share their wisdom?

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

ohai wrote:

I guess you did not put tabasco sauce in the condom. This is the first thing I learned on AF. 

Anyway, what is your question, so Nery and Greenman can share their wisdom?

What’s a condom? 

My question is - how do I convince a chick who is crazy stupid in love with me to have an abortion? I’m a child myself. And not at all prepared to go down this road. I need like another 10 years before kids are a thing. 

Are you sure it’s yours?

Can’t wait to hear what Nery has to say.

hei.so wrote:

Are you sure it’s yours?

Can’t wait to hear what Nery has to say.

I don’t know if she’s even telling the truth. This gal was furiously in love with me. I don’t know how in the hell she would have had time to cheat on me. She literally freaked out whenever she wasn’t around me or couldn’t see me. But, still who knows…?? I “HOPE” she was sleeping with other people now? 

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

she is 7 weeks pregnant and that she’s had an ultrasound.

“Wow!  That’s awesome!  Can I see a picture of it?”

82 > 87
Simple math.

Been there, congrats!!!

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Bro - that’s a tough one to swallow (and probably good advise for any future partners in your case by the sounds of it). In all seriousness, sounds like its a little early for an ultrasound? 

How long were you together? 

Definitely would want to arrange a paternity test to find out if the child is in fact yours. 

Greenman72 wrote:

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

she is 7 weeks pregnant and that she’s had an ultrasound.

“Wow!  That’s awesome!  Can I see a picture of it?”

That’s the first thing I ask to see when I go to her apartment after work. 

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Girl I dumped 2 weeks ago just told me she is 7 weeks pregnant and that she’s had an ultrasound. She want’s to keep it. 

WTF - can you even have an ultrasound that soon? 

Those god damn gold diggers. Guy just got his charter and there’s already someone eyeing the gravy train. 

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

Gotta go for the Hail Mary.

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

my firsts thought was shes a lying cheating *****. delay responsibility until paternity test. i might give a pittance to help out. always good to assume the worst that way you dont feel too guilty.

but since you say the girl is madly in love and wouldnt cheat.tehn the child is prolly yours, assumign she is pregnant. she could still be lying to trap u. people lie all the time for love. but even if she were telling the truth  i would not get back with her even if she was pregnant. there is a very reason why you dont like her. she is prolly not up to your quality.

anyways imo dont do an abortion, child support isnt that expensive. i would try to negotiate with her and just give her $500/mo to raise the baby. (that is avg child support btw). and you check in to see how ceo1k is doing every now and then. if shes a bad mom though, then its time to man up and raise the lil ceo1k. i know you prolly think ur just a child, but youd be surprised what people can achieve when the rubber meets the road.

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

big congrats. 

but if you want her to get an abortion. just make sure she knows that you will only help financial assumign hte child is yours. educate her on the cost of the child. ihow her lifestyle will change. how difficult it is to be a single mom. ts pretty easy to scare people when they are fully informed.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

my firsts thought was shes a lying cheating *****. delay responsibility until paternity test. i might give a pittance to help out. always good to assume the worst that way you dont feel too guilty.

but since you say the girl is madly in love and wouldnt cheat.tehn the child is prolly yours, assumign she is pregnant. she could still be lying to trap u. people lie all the time for love. but even if she were telling the truth  i would not get back with her even if she was pregnant. there is a very reason why you dont like her. she is prolly not up to your quality.

anyways imo dont do an abortion, child support isnt that expensive. i would try to negotiate with her and just give her $500/mo to raise the baby. (that is avg child support btw). and you check in to see how ceo1k is doing every now and then. if shes a bad mom though, then its time to man up and raise the lil ceo1k. i know you prolly think ur just a child, but youd be surprised what people can achieve when the rubber meets the road.

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

big congrats. 

but if you want her to get an abortion. just make sure she knows that you will only help financial assumign hte child is yours. educate her on the cost of the child. ihow her lifestyle will change. how difficult it is to be a single mom. ts pretty easy to scare people when they are fully informed.

I am guessing she will change her mind about keeping it when I tell her I still want nothing to do with her.

Nerdyblop wrote:

child support isnt that expensive. i would try to negotiate with her and just give her $500/mo to raise the baby. 

I don’t know about other states, but this is horrible advice in Texas.  Here, you have two options:

1.  Completely give away all rights to the child.  (In this case, you won’t be listed on the birth certificate.  You are, for any and all legal purposes, not the child’s father.)  

2.  Pay child support, and say goodbye to 20% of your income.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

And if I were you (and let’s assume that she really is pregnant):  When you’re in a hole–quit digging.  

That is, marrying a person you don’t want to be married to is making a bad situation worse.  Don’t do it.  Doesn’t mean you can’t be a good dad.  Just don’t try to be a husband if you don’t want to be.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

step 2: an ultrasound at 7 weeks sounds highly suspicious. usually you’re just testing whether you’re pregnant or not at your GP’s at that time. if she has an ultrasound, it’s on that photo paper and it’s dated properly, then test for paternity and go from there.

step 3: you might change your mind about not wanting to keep it (or “claim” it) if you find out it’s yours. i’d have a tough time not being apart of my kids life though if she’s going for it no matter what…

step 1 was to beware who you ride raw with.

Greenman72 wrote:

And if I were you (and let’s assume that she really is pregnant):  When you’re in a hole–quit digging.  

That is, marrying a person you don’t want to be married to is making a bad situation worse.  Don’t do it.  Doesn’t mean you can’t be a good dad.  Just don’t try to be a husband if you don’t want to be.  

I agree with this advice inside, outside, back to front, and front to back. 

Don’t worry, I may have to just go shock her world and tell her that I really do not want anything to do with her.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Jesus kid best of luck…

"When what I'm doing isn't working, that's when I'll take your criticisms." -- Me, some time ago

Aw geez… broken heartsad

“Mmmmmm, something…” - H. Simpson

I think it varies. It depends on how much your baby momma makes. How much time you spend with the kids. If you spend 0 time with kids and she has no job then it’s 20 percent. So you are really saying worst case secenario.

Anyways there is nothing wrong with child support. You are giving money to your kid. It’s the right thing to do. The issue is if you are the superior parent but the law favors the mom, then you are stuck overpaying for the kid. I’m sure some gets spent on the kid but the mother also gets to spend it on her new gardener.

also you could always get sued to get a paternity tests that makes you the father at a higher price since you are covering the legal fees if you lose. You should get a paternity test ASAP.

Yeah what’s her situation, career, family (wealth), age, etc.  These will be big factors.

Seven weeks is not suspicious at all for ultrasound.  That’s the first thing they do to check if you’re actually pregnant.  At that point they’re not looking at the baby like in the movies, they’re literally just locating the embryo and measuring it to form an accurate assessment of the stage, etc.

There’s nothing wrong with choosing to go your own road, etc, child support will be much heavier than you probably expected and this will introduce major lifelong drama.

Depending on your interest in morality, you do need to respect the line between stating your opinion and stance and coercing her to do anything against her own view that she would regret for life.  For girls that often introduces major psychological damage.  There’s still like a 30% chance of miscarriage or something during the first trimester, especially for a first time pregnancy, but definitely hard to fully express how majorly life changing this is.  How old did you say you were again, like 28 or something?

Anyhow, paternity test is usually standard procedure if you’re paying child support but I don’t think that will be conducted until after the kid is born or at least later in the pregnancy.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Nerdyblop wrote:

I’m sure some gets spent on the kid but the mother also gets to spend it on her new gardener.

This is what I don’t like about the law. If I had a kid and I was paying child support, I want 100% of my money to go to the child. The woman is probably going to spend it on her own shit.

She is a pro poker player and earns more than I do - however, none of that matters. She said she already decided on getting an abortion before I got there. She said that neither of us can honestly support this right now and it’s not the right timing.

I cried. Wasn’t expecting that. Damn.

hei.so wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

I’m sure some gets spent on the kid but the mother also gets to spend it on her new gardener.

This is what I don’t like about the law. If I had a kid and I was paying child support, I want 100% of my money to go to the child. The woman is probably going to spend it on her own shit.

I think this is a pretty naive view of what 20% really gets a single mother that has to cover daycare, etc.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

She is a pro poker player and earns more than I do - however, none of that matters. She said she already decided on getting an abortion before I got there. She said that neither of us can honestly support this right now and it’s not the right timing.

Sorry to hear that man, that’s rough.  I guess just learn from this.  At least in a sense it wasn’t directly your decision and for what its worth, having kids unexpectedly in those situations is a substantial disruption to understate it.

sad

Yea ur young. The average dude gets a kid at 30. For a dude the ideal age to have kids is prolly 35. Perfect balance between money and fertility. Imo you need to have at least 100k-200k in net worth per kid. That way the annual expenses on the kid are hedged already. 

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

convince her not to do it, use the power of love and dont let her murder this baby, give the little guy a chance

what happens if u wanted her to keep it?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP