Bros - need guidance

I think it varies. It depends on how much your baby momma makes. How much time you spend with the kids. If you spend 0 time with kids and she has no job then it’s 20 percent. So you are really saying worst case secenario.

Anyways there is nothing wrong with child support. You are giving money to your kid. It’s the right thing to do. The issue is if you are the superior parent but the law favors the mom, then you are stuck overpaying for the kid. I’m sure some gets spent on the kid but the mother also gets to spend it on her new gardener.

also you could always get sued to get a paternity tests that makes you the father at a higher price since you are covering the legal fees if you lose. You should get a paternity test ASAP.

Yeah what’s her situation, career, family (wealth), age, etc. These will be big factors.

Seven weeks is not suspicious at all for ultrasound. That’s the first thing they do to check if you’re actually pregnant. At that point they’re not looking at the baby like in the movies, they’re literally just locating the embryo and measuring it to form an accurate assessment of the stage, etc.

There’s nothing wrong with choosing to go your own road, etc, child support will be much heavier than you probably expected and this will introduce major lifelong drama.

Depending on your interest in morality, you do need to respect the line between stating your opinion and stance and coercing her to do anything against her own view that she would regret for life. For girls that often introduces major psychological damage. There’s still like a 30% chance of miscarriage or something during the first trimester, especially for a first time pregnancy, but definitely hard to fully express how majorly life changing this is. How old did you say you were again, like 28 or something?

Anyhow, paternity test is usually standard procedure if you’re paying child support but I don’t think that will be conducted until after the kid is born or at least later in the pregnancy.

This is what I don’t like about the law. If I had a kid and I was paying child support, I want 100% of my money to go to the child. The woman is probably going to spend it on her own sh i t.

She is a pro poker player and earns more than I do - however, none of that matters. She said she already decided on getting an abortion before I got there. She said that neither of us can honestly support this right now and it’s not the right timing.

I cried. Wasn’t expecting that. Damn.

I think this is a pretty naive view of what 20% really gets a single mother that has to cover daycare, etc.

Sorry to hear that man, that’s rough. I guess just learn from this. At least in a sense it wasn’t directly your decision and for what its worth, having kids unexpectedly in those situations is a substantial disruption to understate it.

:frowning_face:

Yea ur young. The average dude gets a kid at 30. For a dude the ideal age to have kids is prolly 35. Perfect balance between money and fertility. Imo you need to have at least 100k-200k in net worth per kid. That way the annual expenses on the kid are hedged already.

convince her not to do it, use the power of love and dont let her murder this baby, give the little guy a chance

what happens if u wanted her to keep it?

Yea honestly calling her a baby killer is an excellent argument. You should tell her about hell too.

Not sure if fake

+1, actually

Even if there is a good chance it’s fake, it’s more interesting if it is real. So, it is better to just assume it’s real and act like it is. Reality is whatever you want it to be.

What is real? How do you define ‘real’? If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then ‘real’ is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Her body, her choice bro.

Sorry to hear man. That’s just a difficult situation to be in.

Lesson learned: don’t stick your dick in crazy.

i mean she’s having a baby. its normal to be flaky with decisions at this time. but imo this is a good thing. you honestly shouldnt have a baby until you are financially stable. i’d say about 150k in net worth per child.

I’m confused. You wanted her to have an abortion, she decided to get an abortion, you’re sad?

And to answer the question of the ultrasound, yes, you can definitely get one as early as six weeks. Source: Been there, done that.