10 weeks to go! Where are you in your studying?

I realized this morning that we are only 10 weeks out. How does everybody feel about the exam so far? Between school, work, and studying for this exam, I’ve found that my time has become a bit more limited, but my studying has become much more focused. I feel as though I am really starting to understand what I’m studying very well. Is anyone else actually excited for this thing, or am I all alone in that regard?

Last night I booked a week long vacation for right after the exam. That made me realize how close I am to being done

As far as studying. I still need to go back through FSA and Econ. I haven’t started Alt. Investments yet, but since that’s what I do for work, I’m not too worried

Just started Corporate Finance… have that, Portfolio Management, Equity/Bond/Options/Alternative analysis to go… plus review. Hopefully that isn’t too much!

book 4 to finish and book 5 to start. AFter that review everything and start doing the tests. Hopefully by mid oct i’ll be done with reviewing

You mean start reviewing in mid-Oct?

Just finishing up SS14, but looking back at FSA and Quant I must say that I don’t feel like retained much of what I studied. It’s like this stuff just sticks for a couple of hours and then it’s gone… Looks like their will be some serious revision happening over the next two months!!

I have finished reading all of the CFAI texts front to back and now I am refining my knowledge using the Schweser study notes. I’m also doing practice questions using the Schweser QBank.

Canbok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just finishing up SS14, but looking back at FSA > and Quant I must say that I don’t feel like > retained much of what I studied. It’s like this > stuff just sticks for a couple of hours and then > it’s gone… > > Looks like their will be some serious revision > happening over the next two months!! Im with you in that most of my review looks like it willl be in the areas of FSA and Quant at this point. I still have to finish my reading of Eq/Fixed Income and then get through Corp Finance/Port Mngmt. Plan on getting through that by mid/end Oct and then spend the rest of the time in review…doing questions, questions, and then after that, more questions.

Just finishing up Session 11 (I’m going in order). I’m on track to start review and full practice exams for all of November. I’m faily confident at this point but FSA and ECON are relative weaknesses so that will consume most of my November. Corp Finance is easily my strength and of course is one of the lowest weighted sections. Keep grinding everyone!

Canbok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s like this > stuff just sticks for a couple of hours and then > it’s gone… Man, I second that, I could’nt agree more on this, Can’t remember much from past. - Dinesh S

upto p120 of book 5. Hopefully should be finished reading through all the books by the end of october. I’ve started to go through q bank with some area’s showing I need more revision… November is going to be one hell of a month. I’ve booked a week off work leading upto the exam. good luck to all. cheers

For the people who are having trouble remembering what they’ve studied, have you been using the Q Bank? I usually only get to study for about an hour and a half each day during the week, and then 8-10 hours over the weekend. I’ve found that doing a study session review or even just questions in the Q Bank have really helped me to firm up what I’ve been studying. I try to mix it up and do a good amount of questions on the things I covered 3-4 weeks ago as well. If you haven’t tried it yet, I would recommend trying it and seeing if it works for you as well.

Got the big ones out of the way (except eco), still have about 7 study sessions to cover. Think I will be ok, I am on track to beat the minimum hours but not by much. I have to start better sticking to my scheduel and also will take a week off before the exam (if im allowed!) Freaked out a bit recently when I heard the talk about Allens Resources, because thats what Ive been using. I’m going to buy Qbank this week and borrow a friend schweser notes just to make sure. I did find the same problems with the Allens question bank, though I didnt think it was overly problematic cheers

about to start FSA (last book to read). I will spend about a month so that i can understand it very well. then november review and sample tests

I finished up all the readings a month ago and have been hitting the qbank like crazy to reinforce everything and keep it fresh in my head. Qbank is invaluable and getting it is prob the best decision I made regarding study tools for the CFA. I used the CFAI books as my primary study material and man is that a lot of material. I started early on the material b/c I’ll need to go through it a few times before I am 100% confident, but I’m starting to feel pretty good about it.

My budget/strategy was 11 weeks reading the material and 9 weeks doing revisions and practice exams. I left book 1 for last since I have the hardest time with quant. I’ve kept on track and should be done reading by 9/30 and work on doing Qbank and practice exams for 10/07-11/07. I’ve been putting in 20-25 hr weeks so I should have about 450 hours under my belt by test day if i keep the pressure on.

I am done with the CFAI texts, I am going to use the Schweser study notes for review and lots of problems from the Qbank for the next 10 weeks. I am putting in about 1.5 hours during the weekdays in the evenings and 2-3 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday. Good luck in your studies!

Hello, This is my first post. I have been going through Scheswer Study Notes. Finished Book 1 and Book 3. Book 4 & 5 & 3 would be done by 10/15. While studying I have been making index cards for later revisions while taking my sample exams. Would be soon switching over to Book 6 and Q bank. Thanks, Jimit

I just ordered Schweser Notes.