100% on the Exam, Possible?

Does anyone think that there is someone out there that has scored 100% on any Level? I don’t think anyone would know if they did or not based on the way your scores are given to you. Is it possible, out of all the years the exam has been given, has someone done it?

I have read on the CFAI website or literature that no one has ever scored 100% at any level.

CFAI has said in the past (if my memory is right) that no one has ever gotten a perfect score, although there have been close calls. In any case, why does this matter? all we need to do is score more than 70 in ALL sections to pass.

It’s pretty rare to see a grade above about 85%. Getting a 100% would just mean that a very productive and intelligent person had spent too long studying for no particular gain.

I don’t think I’d want 100% on the exam…that’d just scare me. It’d be like “game over” - mentally speaking.

Yeah, I’ve been told repeatedly by the instructors in the class I take that no one has ever scored perfect. Being that the test seems to gradually increase in difficulty and breadth, I would think that if no one has done it by now, than it probably won’t happen. even the most prepared candidate who knew the material as in depth as possible would not be immune to the many pitfalls on test day - tricky questions, time constraint, general nerves, etc.

I’m surprised that with all the smart people who have taken the exam not one has gotten a perfect score. You’d think somewhere there was the right mix of smarts, dedication, and luck. I don’t see how its much different then a perfect score on the SAT.

Because a 1600 on the SAT gets you something more than a 1400 does but a 100% on a CFA exam just let’s you take the next level the same as getting a 70%.

do we have to get 70% of each section to pass the exam? or 70% of the overall exam?

straight >70% feels nice though!

level2frmLA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do we have to get 70% of each section to pass the > exam? or 70% of the overall exam? Same idea as for L1, the idea is that if you score >70% on the overall exam, you should pass.

Actually those stats are old, I got a 100% in December. It said A+ on my score results. In addition to putting CFA level II on my resume, CFAI has agreed to allow me to wear capes to interviews.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m surprised that with all the smart people who > have taken the exam not one has gotten a perfect > score. You’d think somewhere there was the right > mix of smarts, dedication, and luck. I don’t see > how its much different then a perfect score on the > SAT. I don’t think you need to get every question right to get a 1600 on the SAT’s. You can get a perfect score even by having a few wrong answers.

Yeah, but I got them all right anways.

Technically possible, but the CFAI has mentioned that no one has ever scored a perfect score. Anyway I do not see any merits of having a score that is greater than the minimum score needed to pass since that is never going to be reflected

I hope no one gets 100% this June, that just means higher curve…LOL As for over 70% overal comment, not true, based on my calc. I got 73% and still failed last year…based on 40-60-80 calc that is.

100%? Are you running for CFAI president? Or Life Director of Exams…?

We really need some kind of disclaimer. I’d suggest: “This poster may occasionally use sarcasm. It is also possible that he may use humour in an apparently serious discussion. If you do not understand sarcasm, or if this offends you, you probably ought to click on [hide posts from this user] in order to not appear to be an idiot.”

whatever the reasons its still very impressive, CFAI website mentioned somewhere that a student once missed 6 questions in the exam… thats 234 out of 240, 97.5%

dennis2085 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think I’d want 100% on the exam…that’d > just scare me. It’d be like “game over” - > mentally speaking. Right… it would be like that time I got to the end of the internet. I was just like, “Is that all there is?” Definitely going to slack off in May if I think I’m getting close to 100%.