2012 - The Coming Apocalypse

Eureka “As a believer in astrology I take offense to this. What if I told you your religion was BS?” Erm, i’d accept that we were having a debate and argue back. Freedom of speech equals freedom to offend.

Lets just say it involves lots and lots of chlorofoam

Picco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lets just say it involves lots and lots of > chlorofoam AND TWIIIIIINNNNNNNNNS

So far dooms day forecasts are batting 0 since the dawn of time, so I can’t really believe in it. People are too focused on the end of the world that they forget that today or tomorrow can be your last day. With that said, trophy wives couldn’t hurt, just in case.

It’s a no-win situation for doomsday forecasters. You are always ridiculed because you are wrong. And just when your forecast proves correct, no one is around to congratulate you. illadelphiaML Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So far dooms day forecasts are batting 0 since the > dawn of time, so I can’t really believe in it. > People are too focused on the end of the world > that they forget that today or tomorrow can be > your last day. With that said, trophy wives > couldn’t hurt, just in case.

^^ thats why all the doomsdayers have become hedge fund managers. it much more fun to call a market crash. you get paid! FIDELITY!

Mandelbrot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Erm, i’d accept that we were having a debate and > argue back. Freedom of speech equals freedom to > offend. Freedom of speech is BS, shut up.

What’s with all the fidelity references? I must have missed something that’s grown to be an AF icon…

Fidelity! is my new Bazinga!

Saw the new movie 2012 this past weekend. It computer graphics were good, but too much of it made it overbearing. The acting and dialogue were bad. The logic WITHIN the plot was poor even after discounting for it being a end-of-the-world disaster film.

there is absolutely nothing scientific about astrology the idea that the moon’s or saturn’s position in the sky dictates what happens to all people who were born in a particular month is completely ridiculous and about as far from “scientific” as you can possibly get

i’ll meet you half way and agree that it’s psuedo-science

nice movie though

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’ll meet you half way and agree that it’s > psuedo-science How could you even call it that? There isn’t even any historical back-tested validation of astrology. It’s a current form mythology, which is nothing more than superstition. As far as 2012, anybody who believes it needs to have their head examined and most likely be removed from the gene pool. There is a massive preponderance of logic and evidence against this “event”. Not only does the Mayan calendar NOT end, a new cycle begins, but there is also no “planetary alignment” to speak of in any major fashion. Furthermore, the predictive ability of a society such as the Mayans is at best laughable. However, there are always people who will believe Nostradamus-ish predictions, mainly because they are mathematically and logically bankrupt.

aren’t the 2007 ARMs going to reset in 2012? Maybe thats the end of the world the mayan’s are speaking of…

I am seeking shelter at the local FMR building

The Mayans wile very advanced for their time still; “The Maya practiced human sacrifice. In some Maya rituals people were killed by having their arms and legs held while a priest cut the person’s chest open and tore out his heart as an offering. This is depicted on ancient objects such as pictorial texts, known as codices. It is believed that children were often offered as sacrificial victims because they were believed to be pure” I mean, come on, we are predicting the end of the known world because people who chopped up their drinking buddies said so? O RLY!?

it was just some lazy mayan dude who didn’t feel like carving anymore after 2012