2013 CFA Institute Mock Exam (PM) Results

63%

80%

I think that was the easiest out of all the mocks I took, but then against that is the last mock I have taken hence the most prepared.

Did the worst on performance attribution, fixed income, and global bonds… did best on ethics, GIPS, derivatives, RM.

72%. This is the only CFAI mock I’ve attempted, and I feel ok about it, though I don’t think it exploited my main weaknesses. Global bonds section kinda killed me. Just gotta keep plugging along.

I felt the same way, and scored the same. I need to tune up my Ethic’s and GIPS. Not sure, but most of the GIPS questions I have encountered revolved around a few topics. I hope this flows through to Saturday.

2013mock is a repitition of 2012 sample.

Pretty annoying.

I found the mock quite difficult as well, scored 74% on the PM section… did the 2012 mock then yesterday where I felt much more confident and scored 85%… anyone had the same experience?

65%. 22/24 in last 4 sets but bombed the previous sets big time.

I also thought some of the questions/answers were poorly worded but that’s not an excuse !

So far,

2012 CFAI mock - 78.3%

Sch Vol 2 Test 1 PM - 78.3%

2013 CFAI Mock - 65%

Gotta get back to high 70%s at any cost.

yes 2012 was very straight to the point question. and a very short exam imo. I got 85%.

2013 was harder, much more technical ( the question to adjust the volatility with the 2 beta of the regression was one that I am still impress with ) but manage to get 85% also because of high score in ethic ( which is so not always the case )

I thought the CFAI 2013 ethics mock questions were a breeze compared to 2012 ethics. my scores are fairly consistent across all mocks am and pm session. although I found the 2012 mock pm to be very easy, with the exception of ethics. besides my ethics mistakes I only got 3 other questions wrong in the pm…

I remember for L II finding the am/pm ethics of the mock very hard. on the actual exam it was a breeze and scored > 70%. seems to be hit or miss sometimes.

ethics are really my only areas of improvement right now. If I could buy an infinite supply of ethics pactice questions (at CFAI mock difficulty level) I’d pay a lot of $$$ for it…

There will always be one or two ethics question that will stump you.

Either yiu wont know u messed up or you might struggle and get it and sometimes guess right ? U will def get 1 or 2 wrong

Fact of life.

Indeed… 100% vs 58% score

Just completed it in one swoop.

88.3% or 53/60 - my best score on any PM mock/practice so far. I, too, found ethics to be not too bad.

I somehow managed to get 23 correct in a row - only got 1 single question wrong out of the last 30 (question 55). I am really happy - final boost of confidence before the day.

nvstn, i read somewhere you should be at 90% on all mocks to be really confident. but you might just pass nonetheless. you should try one without a calculator just to keep things interesting for you. lol

did you got question 27

Hardest mock (2009 - 2013 ) … I dont care about the score because I believe it never reflect the actual result on the exam date…

hah - I lol’d at that.

summerside, yes I did get it right, however I was stumped on it for a bit. The way it was written and explained made a part of me die inside, but I pushed through. The key take-away was the increase in correlation - there was only 1 value that had higher volatility than the 52% I calculated from the table. If you increase correlation that means the risk goes up. There was only one option over 52%… That was a tough one though…

73%.

Thought it was fun. Hopefully the real thing isn’t any tougher.

I’ve always found the mocks harder than the real thing, anyone else?

72%

70% here…any I didn’t know I just left blank and didn’t give myself credit for a guess

I have always found this as well.

I’ve noticed this year on the PM mocks my non-ethics score has been extremely consistent at 77-79%. Ethics has been everywhere from 7/12 to 12/12. Hope the questions aren’t worded to ambiguously on the real thing.