2nd Bachelors?

Better than employee discount if you take me. The last time I went I think I got almost 50% off. =) Management loves me! Kenichi is sorta a knockoff of Nobu, there are a lot. Many sushi restaurants here have the sashimi style dishes that Nobu has. But it’s definitely for much better prices but sometimes quality is not the same. Love the new MBA term. I will be stealing it. I dunno much about other demographics of singles or just looking Texas women but I can speak for myself that good guys are hard to find.

50% off at Nobu and a potential “in” with management there? I can definitely go for that. I might take you up on your offer sometime.

No guarantees for 50% everytime especially if they see a guy with me. All the times I’ve been were with girlfriends. Yes, for sure in with management. They still to this day ask me to come back.

Ha…I knew there’d be a catch! j/k

Numi- catch or no catch- you should take Chi up on her offer. I just saw her picture. There are two girls in it, and I’m not sure which one’s her, but either way, she’s actually kinda hot. Chi, let me know if you’re ever in ATL. I will gladly provide you with a VIP tour of the cultural hub of the dirty south and all of its majestic boroughs.

I’m on the right.

Thank god.

the one of the left is much better looking. just happened to be a bad picture for her…

chitasan - I faced a similar question to you and I decided to do a second BS in mathematics in the evenings. Consider that there are special programs (post-Bac) that people take when they decide after their first bachelor’s that they want to go into medical school. You may not need the full degree, it’s worth going through multi-variate calc, linear algebra, basic programming, statistics, diff equations, and stoch calculus. If you want to be in TX, chances are you’re looking for a buy side gig. Assuming this is asset manager / asset owner non-hedge fund / PE, you will have to deal with a lot of portfolio management. The world has way more data, dramatically improved computing power, and almost free memory. I think even fundamental analysts will have to know these things in a few years. The downside (and do not underestimate this) to going to school at night is that you have to delay your career development. It’s much harder to find ways to make yourself indispensable when your time is limited to 40 hours a week. Evaluate your current math background before plunging into a second BS - if you can afford it, try to go full time before you start working. The problem is that the higher level classes are usually only during the days (and I live in a city with > 5 very good universities), and you really need a lot of leverage to negotiate that with your employer. The benefit for me is that the math knowledge has improved my logical reasoning and analytical skills, and has also made it possible for me to contribute to model development at work. Anyway - good luck, just thought you might like to know that it is possible, someone did chose to do that, and there are tremendous benefits.

onegin - Yes, that was ideal but my rational side got the better of me. But nothing’s set in stone yet. With my chances in the job market, I might just be bored enough to get 10 more degrees. Want to fund me? lol. side note - Texas is friggin’ hot, not in a good way. Can’t sleep. Don’t wanna blast AC either cause last month’s bill was 500, so I’ve been informed.

Onegin - thanks for sharing your experiences - I figured you would have some good insights on this. By the way, did you get my email I sent you a couple months back? I assume you’ve been busy with personal stuff, but just wanted to make sure you got it. chitasan - I suppose I’d be up for coffee or lunch sometime. How in the world did you manage to rack up a $500 monthly electric bill though? You must live in a pretty big house…maybe you ought to take me out instead.

Lol. No I try not to get bills anymore. I just made it back to Texas Monday evening and is currently staying at my sister’s house in Grand Prairie. I’m trying to learn how to save money, especially when I’m not making any. But yesterday, when I lowered the AC to 72, she said don’t do that because last month she had it at 76 (normally 78 - ugh) and the bill was over 500. Now she has to install a ceiling fan in my room. One of my friend has summer bills that go past 800. I went from an indepedent apartment living, furniture owning, bill paying college student to freeloading, “heck-no I don’t wanna pay any more bills,” don’t wanna move out college graduate. =) Gotta love it. As of now, I’m up for anything anytime since I don’t have much to do but try to look for a decent job and study for the exam in December.

Haha…I know the feeling. Enjoy the free-loading while you have it. I’ve been able to keep my electric bills down to about $60 per month. Then again, I’m pretty much away from my apartment from 8AM till 10PM on most days and even when I’m at home, I leave the thermostat at 78. However, my apartment is also a one-bedroom, so it’s not exactly a mansion like yours. Electricity can definitely eat up money fast though. Fortunately, since I’m hardly ever at home, that leaves me more disposable income for coffee and cocktails – the good stuff. Did you decide whether you were going to move to Dallas? Or are you going to figure out your job situation first before relocating?

It’s not a mansion but 2nd floor makes electric bills worse than it should be. Especially with her 2 kids being home all day after school. And now an overgrown 3rd one, me. I’m gonna take advantage of the situation and stay here as long as I can (till I’m 64). Even if I find a job, I’ll stay here since I won’t be home much anyway. Hopefully job (hopefully I can find one, ha ha) won’t be that far away. Gas can get expensive but rent/electricity/food/etc can be much much worse. And I do enjoy her home cooking. I also enjoy living in luxury. From my past experiences, I always go for apartments I can’t afford. So living at her relatively new house/garage/piano (wish I knew how to play)/big screen tv type deal is better than most of what I can find out there. But #1: I need to take care of my finances cause I have no self control. If anything, I can have more slush fund and maybe spoil her kids. It’s just kinda weird to have “rules” since I’ve been on my own since I was 19 even though her rules are all reasonable. And my urge to go out a lot and stay out late might be surpressed since I’ll be feeling guilty. So maybe I’m learn responsibility and discipline. But my need to move out might go up and down depending on my social life, as it usually goes. Reminder to self: don’t get a boyfriend. lol.

Get a job or go back to school - gaps in your resume don’t look good - especially with lame excuses…