3/3 Champions

3/3 here as well. Same as Hank Moody - Dec 09, June 11, June 12.

See you later.

3/3 in 18th months here. Though, I agree the real heros are the ones who failed and have kept coming back until they finished!

**Chariot of Fire playing in the background**

Q: What do you call a person who graduated last in their medical school class?

A: A doctor.

3/3

Dec 09, June 2011, June 2012

What is this, the special Olympics? “Hey, John. You’re a real hero since you didn’t quit after you failed at the first attempt.” Since when is not quitting praised in society. Geesh.

Congrats, guys. As long as CFAI doesn’t send us the scores(even if it does, so what?), it doesn’t matter. Enjoy the rest of the Olympics and have a sound sleep tonight.

3/3 here.

Dec. 2010, June 2011, June 2012.

P

I failed L1 twice and for some reason came back after taking a year off and passed in Spring '10. Then passed L2 last summer and just got my pass results for L3. Persaverance. I could have easily given up and should have as some people told me. I have a friend that passed L1 on the first time (when I took it), and got stuck on L2 and gave up last year after 3rd failed attempt. I kept chugging along and will get my charter here shortly. Holler!

I nailed it 3/3. I had to study my rear end off though. Fear of having to re-take was a major motivating factor.

“Since when is not quitting praised in society”

Workdog3, I think your analogy of the special Olympics is a bit misguided. We all play by the same rules here, all compete against the same metrics, all clear the same hurdles, so how are those who pass after a fail any less capable than those who clear it the first time.

Some have the advantage of time, some have the advantage of superior intelligence and some even have the advantage of luck to get a 3/3.

…and finally to cover off on the quote above perhaps you could read up a little on Lance Armstrong, Thomas Edison and Soichiro Honda (among many others) to realise that those with perserverance are not only held in very high regard by society but without this quality would have just been another average joe walking around in society.

Talent is ubiquitious, perserverance maketh the man my friend.

I probably phrased myself incorrectly. I certainly didn’t mean to convey that those who have failed along the way are less capable. On the contrary, my point is that everyone who passes is equally accomplished. I took exception to the statement that those who failed and fought back “are the real heroes”. Why would someone who failed along the way be considered more of a hero than someone who passes consecutively?

I feel a great amount of pride having passed all three levels in one try despite having a full-time job and two children. This is an exceptional achievement, and I don’t think it’s asking too much to have a thread where others who have accomplished the same thing can voice their feelings. That doesn’t imply that we think we’re better than anyone else, or that those who have suffered a set-back aren’t as smart or disciplined. You mentioned perserverance. I perservered through some tough mental streaks during my studies where it would have been easier to hang with my family or do something more enjoyable. But I put in the time and work and knocked them out back to back.

Imagine a thread entitled “Finally passed after 6 attempts!”. How would everyone react if that thread was littered with, “so what, I only took 3.” or “the real heroes are those who finished consecutively?” The person that started the thread is proud of their accomplishment and should be supported, not knocked down. It’s the same premise here.

Regardless, we’ve all accomplished something really great and should be proud of our achievements as well as have the right to voice that pride without being trolled.

1. We should all be greeted by the fact of closing this cycle.

2. If we did it on first attempts, that’s such a great feeling because we didn’t taste the agony of entering repeat mode

3. those who nailed on 4 or more attempts, my sincere congrats also

WE SHOULD ALL CELEBRATE AFers !!!

3/3… Who cares?

I’m 3/x, with just over 4 years experience. Should be lettering in a few weeks.

@workdog3

Couldn’t agree more with your summary and I myself am very proud of the fact that with a 50 hr/wk job, 10/hrs of commute, 2 kids, mortgage etc etc that I too managed to get this done in 3 straight attempts.

I don’t begrudge anyone being proud about that but my feeling is that, this pride IMHO should be internal and doesn’t need to be held out like a badge of honour to signify superiority. I am not suggesting that you or anyone else specifically is making this claim on this post, but we continually see claims of 3/3 as though this points to this superiority as opposed to something that anyone is just being internally proud of.

On completing this course of study, I look back on the last 3 years and like all of us feel a little spent for the effort put in and wonder within myself, whether I would have had the tenacity to push on through a fail and my only point on this post was that everyone hails the 3/3er but no one ever seems to recognise the other type of impressive performance that is acheived by the person who has to overcome the adversity of realising that they have in essence “wasted” a year (or part thereof) of their life trying to achieve something they aspire to.

Anyhow, Congratulations to ALL Level 3 passers and much strength goes out to those who need to pluck up the courage to try again.

Lot of haters out there. I mean 3/3 is quite an accomplishment given the rates and you have to recognize that. You make it seem like its such an arrogant thing, but some of us are proud for the fact that we never failed a single level. If you passed in 4, 5, 6 times than congrats to you as well. It’s not a huge ordeal, but face it. The probability of passing all 3 levels continuosly is extremely low and should be something to be proud of.

Stop hating.

Saw some guy talk about throwing a resume out for saying he passed all 3 levels back to back. While I doubt thats true, every job interview I’ve been on has asked that same question. “Did you pass all tests on your first attempt?”.

Are those CFA charterholders that have asked you that? If so, shame on them. I’ve never had a CFA charterholder ask me that in a job interview but have had dumbasses who basically don’t know much about the CFA ask me if I’ve passed each exam on the first try. It’s a terrible question and serves no purpose.

+1MM - I just passed L3 (first attempt) but previously failed L2 once. I have no shame in admitting that I failed a section one time – and to echo Steely Dan, if an interviewer asks you if you passed all three levels in your first attempt, then they haven’t been through the program. No self respecting CFA’er would truly weigh a prospective new hire on this notion – this isn’t a fraternity and we aren’t hazing new members here.

A charter is a charter no matter whether you did it in consecutive attempts or over 10 attempts. Until the time you have to put an asterisk on your charter as to how many years it took you, this question is absurd.

I wanted to be here. Congrats to all who made it.

3/3.