40/60/80: 73% fail, is it worth retabulation?

40/60/80 rule: 73% Fail band 10. Will cfai change their pass/fail decision if the grading is correct? Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

I have no idea as to the answer of your question, but wow those look like good scores to miss the cut.

I have read that the retabulation is done manually. When they do retabulate they look for marks that could be confusing the computer (not rubbed out enough) so it can help candidates that changed their answers and remarked them. In my opinion even if there is only a slight chance its probably worth the $100 and looking at it you probably only need one more to pass.

First, NO ONE…EVER…has ever passed from a retabulation. What you need to ask yourself is if you are willing to pay $100 for closure because your fail, even though it is really hard to accept, is almost certainly not going to change. Second, it looks like you knew your stuff and you will deffinatly beat it next year!

using the min rule from manuhack.com/cfamps gives 64.2% and probably you just miss it. hard to answer your question though

If I had your scores, I would. Like BobFish said, even if it’s just for the closure. Regretful factor for paying $100 is a lot less than not having seized the retab opportunity, imo.

Man, that sucks…

dude - retab that for sure. one mismarked circle the comp had trouble with passes you.

40/60/80 is just something ppl came up with to estimate their score, it is nowhere near the reality… check your the worse possibly score from your chart is 60.9%

Those do look like pretty good scores. But does it make sense that a retab would help in a situation where your score looks high, yet you didn’t pass? It seems like you’d do a retab when your score looks lower than you thought you did. In other words, you’d assume that the math involved with adding up all the bubbles is correct and that the issue is instead with which bubbles were really filled in … a high score makes me think it got your bubbles. I’m just surprised that you didn’t make the cut with the bubbles it read.

WOW! really sucks! makes mine 9 looks like I failed really bad! I have heard the same thing as AFJUNKIE…no one ever gets scored overturned, it would just open the flood gates to too many recounts. (prof at stalla weekend seminar also suggested same) It is just there as a safety net so they don’t get sued if their super computer ever did count incorrectly. But I agree with someone else’s post on here that it’s prob more likely that a recount is worth it if you got a 1…you probably just failed by 1% I don’t that’s going to change (sorry man…you will kick a#@ next year). Go out have some fun the $100.

try 40/55/75…the worst possible score isnt fair because you are getting a 0 from the lowest tier. I believe that any moron that studied even just a bit can get at least 40% considering random guessing is 25%.

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 40/60/80 is just something ppl came up with to > estimate their score, it is nowhere near the > reality… check your the worse possibly score from > your chart is 60.9% why 60.9%? never just use 0/50/70 for the min rule, it’s simple to apply but it makes no sense if you think about it. Say for example, - Portfolio Management 18 - * - the minimum questions he got right is 10 instead of 9, or he will get * - - instead. Then the min rule for this section is 10 / 18 = 0.556, which is much higher than 0.5. The min he got is at least 64.2% from manuhack.com/cfamps, and that’s a sure thing.

6 questions->18 points 51%-70% means 4 correct (66%) 12 questions-> 36 points 51%-70% means 7 or 8 correct (58,3% or 66%)

right, I even forgot to divide by 3

manuhack.com/cfamps is nice!

$100 for closure - especially if you changed any answers.

Oncfa - ohhhh…that was *** bad. Though I just passed L1 but I just calculated your min. scores on estimate: Area Score - Alternative Investments 18 * - - 2 - Corporate Finance 36 - - * 23 - Derivatives 36 - - * 26 - Economics 18 * - - 3 - Equity Investments 72 - - * 51 - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - 18 - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * 51 - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * 26 - Portfolio Management 18 - * - 9 - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * 13 ------------------------ 222 / 360 = 61.6 % Seems every 4 questions give you extra 1.11%. If you really think you could score higher than the above mentioned questions right, count how many?? If you believe you can have 10+ questions right (than the above mentioned), I would certainly provoke you to go for retab, thinking that it could be worth 1 Yr (forget $100). Wish you all the best.

Though I have never heard of retab working till now, but I would love to see yours work.

Guys I am also thinking of requesting a retabulation. Look at my score bellow: Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - - What do you think?