50 days more

how are you feeling? I just realized that I might not be able to finish all the Qbanks…

I feel so sick! I just want to puke on those past essay questions~

HOLYSHIT 14 weekend days = 14 * 10 = 140 36 week days = 36 * 4 = 144 Total hours of study possible = 284 We can still do it.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Total hours of study possible = 284 > According to CFAI, successful candidates report spending an average of about 300 hours preparing for each exam. :slight_smile:

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HOLYSHIT > > 14 weekend days = 14 * 10 = 140 > 36 week days = 36 * 4 = 144 > > Total hours of study possible = 284 > > We can still do it. are you serious? If I can study 5 hours on the weekend days, it’s a good CFA day.

happyking02 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > newsuper Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > HOLYSHIT > > > > 14 weekend days = 14 * 10 = 140 > > 36 week days = 36 * 4 = 144 > > > > Total hours of study possible = 284 > > > > We can still do it. > > > are you serious? If I can study 5 hours on the > weekend days, it’s a good CFA day. Well, if you start at 9:00 am and finish at 9:00pm, with 2 hours worth of breaks for meals, toliet trips and whatever, it is possible to 10 hours. Last Saturday I started at 8:30 am and finished at about 10:00 pm, with a few breaks along the way of course.

I started yesterday. Two+ months behind schedule (wanted to start in February). While I normally left weekends free (except for the last two weeks) I will use them now as well. However, I cannot study for more than a few hours a day (except the last two weeks where I can do 6). So no way I can get to 300 hours, but I never managed to do that in the past (LI and LII) either. I started to read Schweser and did some end-of-chapter questions. Almost half of book 1 is under my belt. So 10% is behind me. :slight_smile:

No way I can study for 10hrs a day. I can do 8 max leading up to the exam. but not in April!

I think the 4 hours a day during the week will be more difficult than logging 10 each weekend day. Friday afternoons I usually have zero left in my mental tank.

i can’t study for more than 3 hours a day including weekends. i get this acute pain in my head and start to throw up after the third hour. so i have a maximum of 150 hours left to study :frowning: i envy you folks who can study for 10 hours a day!

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HOLYSHIT > > 14 weekend days = 14 * 10 = 140 > 36 week days = 36 * 4 = 144 > > Total hours of study possible = 284 > > We can still do it. That’s insane. I could never do that. If I do 2 hours on 4 weekdays and 5 hours each weekend day, that is a great week for me. I saw a guy post last week sometime that he did 600 hours in the 60 days leading up to level 2 last year. Pretty sure he is full of sh!t, but I admire the people who can actually put in the long hours and stay sane. I think the level of stress your job creates has a huge impact on your ability to put in long study hours.

This post is making me sick!

i gotta get on this, so far i’m phucked. I’m still on performance attribution, have not touched GIPS and Ethics. Haven’t done a single problem. And I barely remember anything from the beginning of my studies.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i gotta get on this, so far i’m phucked. > > I’m still on performance attribution, have not > touched GIPS and Ethics. > > Haven’t done a single problem. > > And I barely remember anything from the beginning > of my studies. This is exactly where I am. Just got through attribution yesterday, and I haven’t read any GIPS or ethics. And I haven’t done a single problem or practice exam. Overall I’m still feeling pretty good. I went through textbooks and Schweser, and took lots of notes, so I feel like I’ve gotten enough depth that it will come back to me once I review. We still got 7+ weeks…

This thread is a crappy reminder. I wish I could add about 20 more days onto the timeline.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i gotta get on this, so far i’m phucked. > > I’m still on performance attribution, have not > touched GIPS and Ethics. > > Haven’t done a single problem. > > And I barely remember anything from the beginning > of my studies. This is EXACTLY my situation, and I too feel effed. What’s your plan from here? I am hopefully going to finish reading/taking notes on SS17 and SS18 by next tuesday, 4/20. Then go through my notes and and do EOCs for every reading. I have no idea how long that will take. I’m hoping to be done by 5/15, leaving 3 weeks til D-day. Then, mock exams and note review like a MFer for 3 weeks. Oh, can’t forget ethics. No predetermined time for ethics, but I will be going over ethics too. This is going to suck.

DC Zanni & Monger187, u know alittle more then 50% of the people who take the exam fail. That will probably be us. FYI - I’ve only been using schweser.

^ also 50% people who took the exam last year have better chance to pass than us first timer. so basically first timer has like 1/3 passing rate bipolar

so where are those notes everybody been promising

The MOST I can study is 2.5 hours on a weeknight. I average 1.5 hours… and still inefficient :frowning: