$700,000,000,000

lotta zeros, my eyes glaze over

Its not about the zeroes my friend. Its about the decimal… oh wait the decimal is after the 10 zeroes. nvm

its a scam. somewhere someone is having a mighty laugh about this. this feels like the most elaborate scam in the history of scams. and as for recession, its a joke to theraten that recession is upon is. we are already recessed, people. if you define ‘trumoil’ as negative 25% growth in 2 consecutive quarters and then you never get there, it doesnt mean you arent knee deep in shit. also, cooking numbers is easy. also, as joh mayer says: And when you trust your television What you get is what you got Cause when they own the information, oh They can bend it all they want

11 zeros, but who’s counting!

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 11 zeros, but who’s counting! I lost count after the 8th one

How did they calculate this figure - how is it going to be used. How is it logically going to be used? Is it logical?

is that the first (and hopefully last) time John Mayer is quoted on these hallowed boards?

5% of outstanding mortgages… that correct?

Don’t forget about the two zeroes after the decimal. $700,000,000,000.00

5% of outstanding mortgages - lol, whatever - the real estate market is down 15%-20% and these clowns claim this is enough. this is no solution. equity must be wiped out, bondholders must be partially wiped out, only then will the pain end. the taxpayers alone cannot cure this disease. the losses are just massive, massive. i am massively short the US dollar, i basically don’t believe in this currency - too many perverse incentives to inflate away the fiscal woes. anybody recall the social security and medicare holes?! they’re still around too you know. oops, and iraq and afghanistan and pakistan thank you george for the lovely 8 years

So I posted the JDV plan on: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,834218 Everyone get medieval on it.

Bush really did a heck of a job to destroy America. I think it will be hard to replicate in the future. :slight_smile:

George W. Bush is a f*cking idiot.

ymc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bush really did a heck of a job to destroy > America. I think it will be hard to replicate in > the future. :slight_smile: James Buchanan was still worse.

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is that the first (and hopefully last) time John > Mayer is quoted on these hallowed boards? unless someone’s body is a wonderland. darn even i cringed at that!

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 5% of outstanding mortgages… > > that correct? It is closer to 7%. There is slightly more than 10T in US mortgage debt.

Banks made so much money taking huge risky exposures. Now the tax payer fills the gap. The whole bail out plan sounds too communist to me. What happened to the free market economy ?

“James Buchanan” Aren’t you going back a bit with J.B. Joey? Willy

Sensationalist media claims taxpayers are losing 700b…what if the government, by luck or by fault, bought these assets at the bottom, and next year they are worth $1trillion+ and this turns out to be a fabulous investment… Not saying this will happen, but it’s a possiblity these have been written down too far and the taxpayers actually take a gain…

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “James Buchanan” > > Aren’t you going back a bit with J.B. Joey? > > Willy Well before James Buchanan, the next world leader worse than GWB was Caligula.