A-Rod thread - where did it go?

What happened to the A-Rod thread – where did it go? Chad, can you please offer an explanation for its disappearance? Thank you.

We should probably tlk about the PV of his contract or something or the game theory behind his decision to opt out (ignoring the utility derived by being an a$$hat)…

How about how much a bonehead, Hank Steinberg is?

where will he go?

What an attention whore, he just had to announce this right before the World Series ends. That being said, I hope he comes to the Dodgers. The main players for A-Rod are probably Boston, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco.

yeah, i think that is a pretty shysty move to make that announcement during the final game of the world series…i was a big fan of his while he was in pinstripes, and i still respect his ability tremendously, but that sort of move is pretty weaksauce

I’m with you… At some point we’ll be arguing about whether he was the best baseball player ever. That said, no one would have paid him more than the yankees, he was just delaying to be a drama queen. ( I may be wrong about that…)

I dont think that Boston will take him again. May be cubs or angels

numi I agree it was a classless move, I would bet the house that it stemmed from his agent Boras and not A-Rod himself. That being said, does anyone blame him for wanting more money? We live in a capitalistic country and he is clearly the BEST player in a huge industry (pro sports). Given the talent he has, the amount of pressure that goes along with the contract, I think he DOES deserve the money. Not saying he needs it, but I don’t have a problem with him trying to find his market value. After all, many of the top HF and PE fund manager are making well above $25million a year.

There isn’t a comparison. He plays baseball for crying out loud.

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi I agree it was a classless move, I would bet > the house that it stemmed from his agent Boras and > not A-Rod himself. > > That being said, does anyone blame him for wanting > more money? We live in a capitalistic country and > he is clearly the BEST player in a huge industry > (pro sports). Given the talent he has, the amount > of pressure that goes along with the contract, I > think he DOES deserve the money. Not saying he > needs it, but I don’t have a problem with him > trying to find his market value. > > After all, many of the top HF and PE fund manager > are making well above $25million a year. Well, given the fact that the Rangers subsidize his pay, nobody was going pay more than the Yankees would have…

agreed…it could be the case that the real winner out of all of this is the Texas Rangers – tom hicks now has about $21 million that he can either reinvest in his team (unlikely) or buy lots of christmas presents for his family (perhaps) or himself (probably)

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There isn’t a comparison. He plays baseball for > crying out loud. Its still his job and he has tremendous pressure to perform. He is the best participant in a multi-billion dollar industry. No question he deserves it.

i hate him too, but i believe that he had until 24 hours after the last game of the World Series to opt out or he’d be locked in for the remainder of his contract. and he deserves every penny. sports fan or not, economics determines that he deserves it.

he had 10 days following the end of the world series, not 24 hours

ha, well, what a doucebag then.

"I would bet the house that it stemmed from his agent Boras and not A-Rod himself. " People say stuff like this about Boras all the time. It is absurd. ARod didn’t give Boras power of attorney people, Boras is A-Rod’s employee. Boras’s life is about making A-Rod and his other clients happy. A-Rod makes the decisions, Boras gives him the info he needs and convinces people that ARod is worth however many millions a year. Clearly, A-Rod decided that he could do better than his already existing 4 year old contract. The yankees are the ones that said they wouldn’t negotiate with him if he opted out. Don’t worry yank fans, you can skill scapegoat A-Rod for the downfall of your team forever, just like you do every year.

How is it absurd that people blame Boras all the time? His excuse about the leak was that “a reporter somehow got the story”. C’mon. He wanted it this way. The Yankees will be a better team without A-Rod. A team is just that…a team - which is why the Rockies…the ROCKIES…advanced to the World Series. Did you see the pregame lineup’s? These guys were having a ball out there… Look at the Red Sox, the “idiots” from 2004 and today with the chill, relaxed, veterans coupled with the young scrappy rookies who always hustle and always look like they are enjoying every minute of the game. You can just feel the tension when you look at the Yankees. Its about time they got a facelift.

Ok, so it was A-Rod who released the news or Boras? Again, my money is on Boras. Time and time again that guy pulls stunts like this…

It takes a big man to claim a team can lose the best player in baseball and get better.