AAPL

So I just got me one of these iMacs… Maybe that outrageous stock price is reasonable.

my only complaint about that thing (besides no keyboard shortcuts in MS Office) is that they really need to move the apple button to where the control button is on a PC keyboard…

Well its 40% less outrageous than two months ago…

Joey, how do you like the iMac? I’m an Apple fan myself.

Exactly, once you use their stuff it all becomes so clear. I’m an iMacer and an iPhoner and life is just sooo good. :slight_smile: I like the stock at $120 too.

“I like the stock at $120 too.” - the price is definitely tempting, but if the stock market starts to price in recession (I believe we’re in one right now), I believe the stock price will fall to ~$90, which is the next major technical support level. I’m all about buying the stock at $90 (I hope it gets there)

This is by far the coolest computer I’ve ever owned. Everyone needs one. It’s fast and beautiful. It runs Leopard and XP simultaneously without a hitch. The mouse sucks, but $30 took care of that.

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well its 40% less outrageous than two months > ago… I’ve kind of missed that amidst all the other turmoil. They make cool stuff - the Airbook is stupid - but the company seems to get what captures the imagination faster than everyone else. The first company that comes out with a really cool robot like the Jetson’s will be Apple.

I don’t know about macs these days but they used to come with a really cool scientific 3d graphing calculator. I bet you’d like that if it’s still included (it was a freebie in the utilities folder I think). The other thing about Macs (aside from the pretty interface) is the “find” function. It works like magic vs. on the PC/Windows where it is mostly a waste of time.

I would highly recommend the program quicksilver. It is free and makes a variety of things to do on the mac very quick and easy. A summary of the program is here: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Quicksilver.shtml

What makes macs that much better than PC? U can do everything with PC + more. Macs just pretty interface imo.

I think of it like a well organized library. You can still get lots of stuff done in the cr*ppily organized (PC) library, but it is so much easier and more pleasant in the well organized, well lit (Mac) one.

I bought my first mac in 9th grade and, aside from work, haven’t touched a PC since

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What makes macs that much better than PC? U can > do everything with PC + more. > Macs just pretty interface imo. As someone mentioned above, you can run Windows and the Mac OS simultaneously using Bootcamp. So I think what you say above holds more water with Macs than PCs. Macs are also incredibly fast & powerful (check out the Mac Pro) and the OS is much more intuitive than Windows. In general, Macs get very high ratings from consumers and experts alike (check out reviews on cnet.com). Its more than just the “pretty interface.”

Picked up an iMac myself a month back. It’s amazing. It never crashes unlike this windows nightmare I have at work. It syncs beautifully with my iPhone. You can even sync over wifi. No AV software needed.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What makes macs that much better than PC? U can > do everything with PC + more. > Macs just pretty interface imo. Something tells me you do not cover the tech sector.

If you’re going to post something that insinuates somebody else is uninformed, why not go ahead and type a few more lines (include a fact or two) to illustrate your point.

My next computer will be a Mac. Vista has screwed me over and I’m never going back to the PC. The beauty of AAPL is that they write their own software to work perfectly on their hardware. Upgrading my Vaio to Vista was a complete waste of time and money. My internal network card no longer worked (I had to buy a wireless laptop card), my battery drains in 30 minutes vs. the 3 hours I used to get on XP because my function buttons no longer work and I cannot reduce the screen brightness. And if that wasn’t enough, my CD writer no longer writes. Vista has these stupid features which totally drives me nuts. Vista wakes up my computer (and me) at 3am to install software upgrades. I’ve tried to turn this feature off, but the Vista demons seem to have taken over my PC. I’m never going back to PC or Microsoft products.

These days it seems apples prime differentiation is marketing and product design IMHO, which they happen to be very very good at. Is that enough to support the high prices? Based on sales it seems consumers think so…

mlpguy22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ancientmtk Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What makes macs that much better than PC? U > can > > do everything with PC + more. > > Macs just pretty interface imo. > > > Something tells me you do not cover the tech > sector. Something tells me you are a douch e. Just because i dont pay premium for a commodity doesn’t mean i dont “cover” the sector.