AAPL

im a big apple user, never tried samsung. a rich asain samsung user who used to have an iphone said that once you go samsung you never go back son.

My wife, an iPhone user, was seduced by the big screen Samsung when it came out. She bought one, had it a day, and found it incredibly frustrating; buried menus and nonsense. Nothing is easier and more intutive than Apple. She traded it in for the new iPhone the next day. I think we are going to see a lot of Koreans switching once the new biggie phones are released here (in a few days I believe).

^ Nevermind what I just said, biggie-iPhones release tomorrow here, but Koreans are homophonic.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-10-30/tim-cook-im-proud-to-be-gay#r=hp-lst

^Very surprising for such a westernized society.

Yeah it’s true, Koreans are very anti-gay here. But my post was more a stupid play on words (homo + phone + ic). Get it?

Anyhow the news! Friday morning here, Koreans were lined up since 4am, the biggie-phone is already sold out kids! Wife tried to get one at 10am, no chance. You can still buy the small one, but nobody wants that here I imagine.

Not sure how it’s doing in China, but I would expect good sales for the biggie there too. Status yo.

Eric Scott Hunsader@nanexllc

http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1370543668817#.VIiK3MlkwlS

Palantir 1 - AF 0

#hatersgonnahate

I heard you can make a call with the Iphone 6. Good to know that option is still available.

So, has everyone on this AAPL thread, and every other thread on the internet, looked back at their predictions and realized their mistakes? So that they do not make these analytical mistakes in the future?

I think not. This cycle has been going on for almost a decade now; naysayers “there’s no way they can…nobody wants that…”, followed by AAPL earnings. Easy money (made $1000 in 30 seconds when earnings hit the wire on a quick trade, plus my holdings).

Listened to the earnings call. I’d like to point out, even though this is the highest quarterly earnings in the history of the world, it is only the start. The vast majority of users have still not converted to iPhone 6, many new customers remain in China and the rest of the world, Watch is going to be huge, and that’s just this year (that we know about). Short of a US market crash (possible), AAPL is an easy $130 this year, and a possible $150+.

Also they took over Korea, as I predicted. Haha, Samsung got beat on their own turf!

Told you so.

But you know…nobody’s going to pay $500+ for a phone, and they make commodity products, and they’re not cool anymore.

Indeed

Two years ago AAPL was a terrible stock to own. It was flat to down with the market up 40%. As I’ve said before, the stock trades on product cycles.

Both the people who have been cheering AAPL indiscriminately and those who have been continually dissing AAPL are poor investors. To toot my horn a little, as can be seen from previous posts I’ve timed AAPL well, avoiding the period of relative underperformance and getting back in over last summer because of the iPhone 6 and watch product cycles.

you can make money cheering a good company like AAPL indiscriminately, but you might get fired along the way.

Two years ago was the best time to own AAPL.

Bond market now pricing in Apple as safer than Uncle Sam.

^ More irrational exuberance.

700 Billion. Not bad. Maybe somebody can pitch AAPL in the “commodity ideas” thread.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-is-hiring-experts-in-automotive-technology-and-vehicle-design-2015-2?utm_content=bufferd203e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Just got AAPL at $123.25, thanks Greeks!

Earnings come soon, we just need this pesky stuff wrapped before then.

More @ $119.80, that’s cheap yo.

NKE has a similar model to APPL, but without the product cycles. take a 5yr chart of both and NKE is the better choice.