AAPL

^under armour playa

Meh, is Nike going to have a smart car?

Apple is potentially just getting started. There are really endless possibilities from here; cars, watches, glasses, tv, radio, internet of everything, cyborg interfaces, all working perfectly together. When they expand into a new area, they destroy everyone. Nobody can compete.

^that was all with steve jobs, lets see how the iwatch does

^ It’s just Watch yo, no iWatch.

I thought the market got over this when the new iPhone proved itself. It’s really about the design team, which is still there and kicking butt.

But yeah, it will be interesting to see how Watch does, and the new radio subscription thing. I’ll be holding stock in the meantime, since even without any new wins, iPhone alone can shoot them into further greatness. Lots of potential buyers still out there.

steve jobs is what made apple great again. it will be interesting to see where the company is 5-10 years from now

Apple’s Share of Smartphone Industry’s Profits Soars to 92%

Roughly 1,000 companies make smartphones. Just one reaps nearly all the profits.

Apple Inc. recorded 92% of the total operating income from the world’s eight top smartphone makers in the first quarter, up from 65% a year earlier, estimates Canaccord Genuity managing director Mike Walkley. Samsung Electronics Co. took 15%, Canaccord says.

Apple and Samsung account for more than 100% of industry profits because other makers broke even or lost money, in Canaccord’s calculations.

Events last week highlighted the lopsided financial picture. Apple is asking suppliers to make a record number of new iPhone models. Meanwhile, Samsung forecast disappointing profits, HTC Corp. reported a quarterly loss, and Microsoft Corp. wrote down 80% of the value of the smartphone business it acquired from Nokia Corp. last year.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/apples-share-of-smartphone-industrys-profits-soars-to-92-1436727458

Of course, AAPL is losing ground, not cool anymore, makes a commodity product…

^how long is your holding period?

I’m holding till earnings; we get this bump with Greece, we know iPhone sales will be huge, it hits $130+ before/after earnings, and before rate hike, I sell.

AAPL hitting $127 on the new iPod touch announcement.

Earnings next Tuesday, everyone scampering to get shares…

nobody is covering their AAPL short positions just yet… NKE hitting new highs, up 8% in just 1 month. yey

Yo, wake up, it’s profit taking day!

I’d like to sell a bit if it hits $134 in regular hours, then hold the rest until earnings (after close). Can we get $136 please?

#holdforever

Naw way, I churn it!

Why realize the profit once when we can realize it multiple times?

that didnt work out

Meh, worked out pretty good. Flipped 1/3 @ $132 in market open, bought the 1/3 back at $120.5 after hours…so some profit and brought avg cost down a wee bit. Would have liked to unload the whole thing at $136 but no luck.

So back to sitting and waiting, probably it works back up over the next weeks as people realize they totally killed it, again.

Bought at 450 (or 64 takign 7x split into account), sold at 103.80. doh

Just bought some more at $122.33, churn and burn baby!

Let me guess, you decided to short at the last minute and made tons of money?

No I don’t have precognition, just better market instincts than almost anyone here. Did flip some when it did the fake spike up right before the decline, then bought it back lower, still holding. We’ve seen this all before…irrational fears, then we get holiday sales and it’s $130+ again. That’s base case.

AAPL 13.1X

MSFT 32.8X