Abortion

Yeah… no thank you

You just draft positive/negative incentives and launch them, gets both the above done. There are a number of great thinkers who already figured this stuff out. Example law: you must have the money to support the babies before having them (duh!), this decreases low IQ births and increases high ones, decreases tax money spent supporting the idiots, etc. Easy, win all around. It doesn’t get implemented because politicians are the ones who get that done, and the mob (filled with mass-reproducing idiots) will riot if they mention it.

Here is what I propose. Since women value the highest quality over quantity, we must incentivize women by creating a pool of even higher quality men. So let us offer to the men an opportunity to reject the virgin sacrifice… err, “patriotic duty”, and enter into a more selective pool that will be offered to the women who pass the test. If all goes according to plan, the most selective men will enter into this higher pool in pursuit of even higher quality females, and the naturally high male/female ratio of CFAs will ensure that both pools of males are sufficiently supplied. Really, nothing can go wrong with this plan. Shut up! Nothing can go wrong!!

I almost like you now

A store that sells husbands has just opened where a woman may go to choose a husband from among many men. The store is composed of 6 floors, and the men increase in positive attributes as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. As you open the door to any floor you may choose a man from that floor, but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down except to exit the building. So a woman goes to the shopping center to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs. The woman reads the sign and says to herself, “Well, that’s better than my last boyfriend, but I wonder what’s further up?” So up she goes. The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids. The woman remarks to herself, “That’s great, but I wonder what’s further up?” And up she goes again. The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking. “Hmmm, better” she says. “But I wonder what’s upstairs?” The fourth floor sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking and help with the housework. “Wow!” exclaims the woman, “very tempting. BUT, there must be more further up!” And again she heads up another flight. The fifth floor sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking, help with the housework and have a strong romantic streak. “Oh, mercy me! But just think… what must be awaiting me further on?” So up to the sixth floor she goes. The sixth floor sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 6,875,953,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

You don’t like me? (T.T)

This time is different? (Could be responding to krnyc, or to ohai’s last sentence)

You are kind of (or would like to appear) cold…

I fixed it for you.

Interesting enough, I once copied/pasted something Ohai wrote to a female I knew on some current event. She fell in love with him afterwards. She told me not to be jealous ha ha. Wonder what that says about her and Krync? Must be something to the polarizing Ohai figure. . .

Nahh… Rational is good – I highly prefer it.

But imo his posts also come across as cold (borderline psychopathic at times). Not all the time however, therefore I think he is just trolling .

Law and morality and “what makes sense” may not always agree.

For example, most countries have a minimum age for criminal offense, in England, if i remember correctly, if a child is under 10 years old, even if he/she killed someone, the child needs not to go to trial, they ASSUME children don’t have the maturity to be responsible for their actions.

A class case was the little James murder case, the two 11-year-old boys killed a 3 year-old baby, because they turned 11 a few months before they committed the murder, they had to go through the trial and sentenced to jail time.

There are many of these cases in law, abortion is just one of them. Even though many countries impose law to make abortion illegal (unless recommended by doctors because of health issues, or the person got raped or some other extreme cases), and other countries make it illegal after a number of weeks during pregnancy, where you draw the line is still remain debatable.

NANA

Today’s been a good day for ohai. Being called “cold” and “psychopathic” by a Russian? High praise indeed.

(It really should be sociopathy though. Psychopathy hasn’t been an agreed upon term for a while now. Not that I have much feelings on the matter.)

You are right; sociopathic is the term I had in mind. But just to be clear, I didn’t say he was… Rather than the way he comes across at times, which I think might be his intention in the first place.

Yes, I am a cold Russian. Whatever

^America has made you soft.

I’ll have you know that Russians are not the only people to call me these things. Sometimes, it goes too far though. I have feelings too. One minute, I am eating sushi off the naked body of a Japanese woman, and the next minute, she wakes up and starts screaming all sorts of mean things at me. What did she think “a pleasant weekday evening where we can discuss business” was supposed to mean?

I think he comes off as a sociopath because he is rational. Being rational can lead to a lot of ‘sociopathic’ or cold thoughts, as percieved by the part of the mind I refer to as “the feels”

I’ve been told it’s the opposite

^We’ve past the point where I don’t know if we’re speaking in double entendres or not.

I can stop anytime you want

Autistic people are often people who are highly rational but have no read on what people’s emotional cues are (or maybe they can read them but just don’t empathize or care). Basically, what financial types aspire to be.

I’m not saying Ohai is autistic - I suspect he is just creating a semi-autistic persona on this forum for the fun of it - but when one is hyperrational in a technical sense but jettisons empathy and traditional moral evaluations, that’s how it comes across.