Acceptable suit/haircut

Are there guidelines for acceptable haircuts in finance? I’ve been looking for a good sylist for close shave haircut, and I’m also in the market for a gray suit. Anyone know from experience whether the close shave cut and gray suit combination is widely accepted?

You should be good enough to wear whatever you feel like wearing and have whatever haircut/shave you want. This sort of insecurity is a serious anchor.

I’m mainly interested in equity research/investment banking career opportunities. I just didn’t know if there was a published dress code. I’m very confident with the close shave haircut/gray suit look. I just didn’t want to push the envelope.

You can either go for the Savile Row, clean shaven, braces city gent look or (my personal preference) the JDV beard, sandals and string belt look. Up to you though.

Do you think it would be over the top to sub out the string for an extension cord belt? I don’t want to seem too flashy, but feel that I should do something to make myself stand out.

Is the Hairstyle of Jimi Hendrix acceptable?

I am actually a fan of the Fight Club - Space Monkey look. You can spin it into an interview positive - you can come straight out and say that you will never be that stressed you will pull your hair out. That and you never have a bad hair day.

The darker the suit, the more formal.

black shoes + white athletic socks

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You should be good enough to wear whatever you > feel like wearing and have whatever haircut/shave > you want. This sort of insecurity is a serious > anchor. Yeah - Just whatever your feel like wearing (as long as it is appropriate).

I’m also considering taking a headshot, and using in the top left header of each page in my CV. For the picure, should I try to look annoyed or confused? I’ve never considered myself a ‘poseur’ and I’m not sure how to pose.

braces from brooks, a nice shirt from pink, pastel colors are hot. daytona on the wrist and you should be all set! dont forget the dash of cool water

Sorry daj, what are braces? Also, what are your personal thoughts about the close shave haircut and gray suit combo?

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry daj, what are braces? Also, what are your > personal thoughts about the close shave haircut > and gray suit combo? braces = suspenders dude! cmon ! grey suit = hot. tell em you were the stunt double for tom cruise in collateral.

Oh yeah (duh). What number razor do you recommend someone who has just recently made the decision to switch to the close shave haircut?

#scissors seriously dont do it

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m also considering taking a headshot, and using > in the top left header of each page in my CV. For > the picure, should I try to look annoyed or > confused? I’ve never considered myself a ‘poseur’ > and I’m not sure how to pose. If i’m not mistaken including passport size pics on Resume’s is the norm in parts of europe and the Middle East

Try to look as conservative and traditional as possible. Anything that’s “hot” or “trendy” has a high probability of making you look like a douchebag. When I interview I only wear very dark navy suit, crisp white shirt, $8 barbershop medium fade 1 guard on sides 4 guard on top.

unless you are bald/ing

i recommend #3 (3/8")