Acronyms used on the forum

Post some of the acronyms you see on a daily basis here. I see some and have no idea what they mean. PWM= Private Wealth Management ER= Equity Research BB= Big Bank? HF= Hedge Fund I’m sure there are twenty others I just can’t think of off the bat. This would definitely help some of us that aren’t used to financial shorthand.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Post some of the acronyms you see on a daily basis > here. I see some and have no idea what they > mean. > > PWM= Private Wealth Management > ER= Equity Research > BB= Big Bank? > HF= Hedge Fund > > I’m sure there are twenty others I just can’t > think of off the bat. This would definitely help > some of us that aren’t used to financial > shorthand. BB = Bulge Bracket (essentially big bank, you had the idea) I believe there are a couple threads with these acronyms listed, but feel free to post whatever else comes to mind.

JDV - Joey

BSD

CFA - Certified Financial Analyst

LOL

MMF, GFE, CBT, TGP, wrong forum?

AF WTF

BOM, MMA, NFL

CE? frenchriviera Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have listened to a few. Some of them are better > than others, I think it also depends on who does > the interview. Nothing is ground-breaking, iTune > automatically downloads the files for me and when > I am travelling and bored listening to the same > old stuff, I sometimes listen to one of these > files. It also gives you an easy 0.5 credit for > CE…

G.E.D - high school diploma D.A.J. - D-bag AARP - Old peeps club

FTW

so far almost every single reply is completely useless

“every single reply except for the first one is completely useless” I thought the original post was useless.

miker2800 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > G.E.D - high school diploma > > D.A.J. - D-bag > > AARP - Old peeps club i spit water on my keyboard reading this

MBA - Married But Available

What is CV? I’ve seen this several times when people are talking about resumes and applying for jobs?!?!?

curriculum vitae

soxboys21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is CV? > > I’ve seen this several times when people are > talking about resumes and applying for jobs??? The fancy way of saying a resume…

cv is a lot more comprehensive than a resume