Advice

I advise just starting a mutual fund right now. Period. Start it. Seriously, now. Do it! Start NOW! Mutual FUND! Mutual FUN! FUN FUN FUN! MUTUAL FUNDS ARE FUN FUN FUN! seriously, start it.

LMAO!! ROTFL!!! I can’t take this anymore… too freaking hilarious!!!

Mona8835 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LMAO!! ROTFL!!! I can’t take this anymore… too > freaking hilarious!!! is 88 your year of birth and 35 boob size?

no pendejo.

35 is not a boob size

abdullasm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am a software engineer trying to break into the > finance industry. I am 29 years old. My plan is to > work at a mutual fund for a few years as a mutual > fund analyst and then start my own investing > company. I intend to look for a mutual fund > analyst job after giving my CFA. I love analyzing > stocks and investing. > Please let me know if this is practical and if so > what carrier path and courses should I take to > accomplish the same. > > Thanks I don’t think you are going to have time for courses + CFA exams. Just sign up for the December L1 2009 exam, see how you do and go from there.

Mona8835 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > go hit on Karen. What did I ever do to you??? - don’t encourage the guy

If you’re already a software engineer, I assume you know things like VBA and Excel really well. Once you get level one and possibly even level 2 under your belt, you should look for contract work or a job doing financial modelling. It’s not fund management, but in your current state it’s probably the easiest way to break into the industry. Then you’ll have more experience to become an analyst, etc. It’ll be a difficult road, but some consolation is it’ll be a couple years before you’re qualified for a job anyway, so hopefully there will be more opportunity out there. Good luck!

Hi, I’m a buy-side stock analyst and currently trying to break into the software engineering world. I plan on writing a program/app/software that is just as successful as EBAY and Facebook, would going to MIT help? Thanks!

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > I’m a buy-side stock analyst and currently trying > to break into the software engineering world. I > plan on writing a program/app/software that is > just as successful as EBAY and Facebook, would > going to MIT help? > > Thanks! +1 Brilliant

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > I’m a buy-side stock analyst and currently trying > to break into the software engineering world. I > plan on writing a program/app/software that is > just as successful as EBAY and Facebook, would > going to MIT help? > > Thanks! Start with that DVD being hocked on those CNBC ads… he cannot guarantee you’ll make a fortune selling an attic of old baseball cards but he can show you how to obtain your CFA charter.

You guys, stop talking abusively to my girlfriends or I’m going to seriously lay the smack down, ya heard me? abdullasm: where do you live?

has anyone else noticed he hasn’t replied since his initial post? I’m pretty sure we scared him off…

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > has anyone else noticed he hasn’t replied since > his initial post? I’m pretty sure we scared him > off… Yes… I have a feeling this could be the next Ananda post if we can continue to build it.

Just bought a Texas Instruments BA-II Plus Professional from this place in Delhi. Cost me 3,600 INR /- with bill. What?

BRIANR, This is like the Original Posters first valid poster. Ofcourse, the story is on the same lines as ANANDA, or probably ANANDA is back! (after he and his post was banned) Regardless, I just spilled some ice-cream on my BA-II Plus Pro that i bought from this place in Delhi for 3,600 INR /- Taxes included+15,000 INR shipping. After that I threw the calculator outside on the street and saw cars running over it.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just bought a Texas Instruments BA-II Plus > Professional from this place in Delhi. > > Cost me 3,600 INR /- with bill. > > What? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! WHAT?

Who’s ananda?

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who’s ananda? Ananda was some dude with 3 PhDs and a perfect GMAT score. wnated to do CFA and we all told him not possible. he became a neuro surgeon instead.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ValueAddict Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Who’s ananda? > > > Ananda was some dude with 3 PhDs and a perfect > GMAT score. wnated to do CFA and we all told him > not possible. he became a neuro surgeon instead. Ananda was some first time poster who wrote about how he or she paid for a TI BA II Plus from this place in Dehli. He/she also mentioned that it cost ‘3,600 INR /- with bill’ and that it was purchased at some sporting goods store, or something like that. Ananda also provided the address. It was a very obscure post. Then, one of more advanced finance types here (probably a Wharton grad) quickly found the spot rate for USD to Indian Rupees and calculated the equivalent cost in dollars. It was determined that Ananda was ripped off. numi then mentioned something about eating mashed potatos the previous night and another poster recommended that numi adjust his carbohydrate-to-protein intake. Soon thereafter, random posts about nothing materialized. Hilarity quickly ensued. The thread was constantly bumped to provide a reminder to stay positive during the financial crisis. One morning, I logged on to write about the previous night’s festivities in the aforementioned thread, but to my despair, it was gone. I instantly wept and told my boss that I had to leave work early to attend to “personal matters.” I cried for several hours (girls, take note: sensitivity). All I could think of was Ananda. The next morning, I regained my strength and went back to my daily tasks. I’m feeling ok lately, but not great. Something is missing. I guess I just miss my friend.