Advice

Mashed potatoes sound good but I think I’m going to stick with veggies.

Aliman - that has to be the most random post on AF…being it is based on another random post, well done! :slight_smile:

I have not seen this Ananda post also… Can Chad bring it back to life?

cfa_mba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have not seen this Ananda post also… > > Can Chad bring it back to life? After awhile there really was not much to see other than everyone posting random thoughts throughout the day… probably would look a little incoherent.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ValueAddict Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Who’s ananda? > > > > > > Ananda was some dude with 3 PhDs and a perfect > > GMAT score. wnated to do CFA and we all told > him > > not possible. he became a neuro surgeon > instead. > > > Ananda was some first time poster who wrote about > how he or she paid for a TI BA II Plus from this > place in Dehli. He/she also mentioned that it cost > ‘3,600 INR /- with bill’ and that it was purchased > at some sporting goods store, or something like > that. Ananda also provided the address. It was a > very obscure post. > > Then, one of more advanced finance types here > (probably a Wharton grad) quickly found the spot > rate for USD to Indian Rupees and calculated the > equivalent cost in dollars. It was determined that > Ananda was ripped off. > > numi then mentioned something about eating mashed > potatos the previous night and another poster > recommended that numi adjust his > carbohydrate-to-protein intake. Soon thereafter, > random posts about nothing materialized. Hilarity > quickly ensued. The thread was constantly bumped > to provide a reminder to stay positive during the > financial crisis. > > One morning, I logged on to write about the > previous night’s festivities in the aforementioned > thread, but to my despair, it was gone. I > instantly wept and told my boss that I had to > leave work early to attend to “personal matters.” > I cried for several hours (girls, take note: > sensitivity). All I could think of was Ananda. The > next morning, I regained my strength and went back > to my daily tasks. I’m feeling ok lately, but not > great. Something is missing. > > I guess I just miss my friend. Now this is one of your best piece yet! LMAO!!!

Hi All, I’m a successful hedge fund manager looking to break into the world of online forum moderators. Any advice? blah …

Every thought about quant? Based upon your background, you’ll make a lot more money there and you have the education and experience to break into quant fairly quickly. Then you can start your own fund, if you have developed a consistent successful track record of profit. An MFE would also be good, depending on whether there are good schools where you live. If you have a master’s in computer engineering, that will go a long way in quantitative finance. Personally, I’d pursue an MFE or a quant degree before I pursue an MBA, based upon your background. Definitely pursue the CFA. (PS the reason people are ragging on you here is because they’re not as qualified as you are. Don’t take it personally …)

abdullasm, In all seriousness, the route you are looking at is do-able, but difficult. Any particular reason you want to work at a mutual fund, if you later plan to launch your own investment firm. Developing a reputation at a mutual fund will take many years. It might make more sense to work for an RIA (registered investment advisor) firm on either individual or institutional accounts. This will give you a broader range of experiences and help you figure out the specialization or competitive advantage of your own firm. Launching a mutual fund is extremely difficult, time consuming, and regulation intensive. It also requires a substantial amount of upstart capital, as opposed to an RIA or fund for accredited investors. There are no easy paths in this pursuit, take as many opportunities to network as possible, read as much as possible, get involved with your local analyst society, and don’t take it personally if it seems very difficult to get interviews in the current economic climate

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Ananda was some first time poster who wrote about > how he or she paid for a TI BA II Plus from this > place in Dehli. He/she also mentioned that it cost > ‘3,600 INR /- with bill’ and that it was purchased > at some sporting goods store, or something like > that. Ananda also provided the address. It was a > very obscure post. > > Then, one of more advanced finance types here > (probably a Wharton grad) quickly found the spot > rate for USD to Indian Rupees and calculated the > equivalent cost in dollars. It was determined that > Ananda was ripped off. > > numi then mentioned something about eating mashed > potatos the previous night and another poster > recommended that numi adjust his > carbohydrate-to-protein intake. Soon thereafter, > random posts about nothing materialized. Hilarity > quickly ensued. The thread was constantly bumped > to provide a reminder to stay positive during the > financial crisis. > > One morning, I logged on to write about the > previous night’s festivities in the aforementioned > thread, but to my despair, it was gone. I > instantly wept and told my boss that I had to > leave work early to attend to “personal matters.” > I cried for several hours (girls, take note: > sensitivity). All I could think of was Ananda. The > next morning, I regained my strength and went back > to my daily tasks. I’m feeling ok lately, but not > great. Something is missing. > > I guess I just miss my friend. Just Brilliant! The best ever by you!

abdullasm, i sympathize with your career aspirations. I too am a struggling individual trying to make big money, enjoy my job and work with ppl i trust and admire. so lets get straight to it. what stock do you recommend and provide your valuation. thx p.s you guys really should just start talking to the hot girl at your workplace wearing the sexy pumps and skirt rather then hitting on anonymous women on here.

On a side note, how good do the Flames look now?!

I reckon Buy Low - Sell High that should do the trick (or vice versa)

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Ananda was some first time poster who wrote about > how he or she paid for a TI BA II Plus from this > place in Dehli. He/she also mentioned that it cost > ‘3,600 INR /- with bill’ and that it was purchased > at some sporting goods store, or something like > that. Ananda also provided the address. It was a > very obscure post. > > Then, one of more advanced finance types here > (probably a Wharton grad) quickly found the spot > rate for USD to Indian Rupees and calculated the > equivalent cost in dollars. It was determined that > Ananda was ripped off. > > numi then mentioned something about eating mashed > potatos the previous night and another poster > recommended that numi adjust his > carbohydrate-to-protein intake. Soon thereafter, > random posts about nothing materialized. Hilarity > quickly ensued. The thread was constantly bumped > to provide a reminder to stay positive during the > financial crisis. > > One morning, I logged on to write about the > previous night’s festivities in the aforementioned > thread, but to my despair, it was gone. I > instantly wept and told my boss that I had to > leave work early to attend to “personal matters.” > I cried for several hours (girls, take note: > sensitivity). All I could think of was Ananda. The > next morning, I regained my strength and went back > to my daily tasks. I’m feeling ok lately, but not > great. Something is missing. > > I guess I just miss my friend. Splendid. Wow, this piece of prose almost looks like something I might write, but quite possibly even better. CFA Level I candidates need to frame this piece of work as an example of what all CFA charterholders aspire to be – namely creative writers that go by the pen name of “TheAliMan.”

There is nothing worse than an unripe banana… And what’s the deal with airplane peanuts?

too salty. i need to go fishing this summer…

Mona8835 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > too salty. i need to go fishing this summer… My uncle is a diehard fisherman, retired from commodities trading and opened up a resort/ guide service. He always took me fishing as a kid, I never got hooked (no pun intended).

never been but always wanted to try it out. hello uncle!!

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > On a side note, how good do the Flames look now?! I am sad to see Lombardi go…

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Ananda was some first time poster who wrote > about > > how he or she paid for a TI BA II Plus from > this > > place in Dehli. He/she also mentioned that it > cost > > ‘3,600 INR /- with bill’ and that it was > purchased > > at some sporting goods store, or something like > > that. Ananda also provided the address. It was > a > > very obscure post. > > > > Then, one of more advanced finance types here > > (probably a Wharton grad) quickly found the > spot > > rate for USD to Indian Rupees and calculated > the > > equivalent cost in dollars. It was determined > that > > Ananda was ripped off. > > > > numi then mentioned something about eating > mashed > > potatos the previous night and another poster > > recommended that numi adjust his > > carbohydrate-to-protein intake. Soon > thereafter, > > random posts about nothing materialized. > Hilarity > > quickly ensued. The thread was constantly > bumped > > to provide a reminder to stay positive during > the > > financial crisis. > > > > One morning, I logged on to write about the > > previous night’s festivities in the > aforementioned > > thread, but to my despair, it was gone. I > > instantly wept and told my boss that I had to > > leave work early to attend to “personal > matters.” > > I cried for several hours (girls, take note: > > sensitivity). All I could think of was Ananda. > The > > next morning, I regained my strength and went > back > > to my daily tasks. I’m feeling ok lately, but > not > > great. Something is missing. > > > > I guess I just miss my friend. > > > Splendid. Wow, this piece of prose almost looks > like something I might write, but quite possibly > even better. CFA Level I candidates need to frame > this piece of work as an example of what all CFA > charterholders aspire to be – namely creative > writers that go by the pen name of “TheAliMan.” Agreed. This had me in tears last night.

All, I am a finance professional and have passed the first two exams. I would like to pay for school by being a part-time model. Any advise?