advise, especially from AMERICANS

Many Lebanese people I have met seemed to think that AUB was known worldwide. But it simply doesn’t exist outside of Lebanon / Middle East as far as I know. Good news for you is, Lebanese people tend to be good @ funnance. True story.

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sign up for an online MBA, UofP (my alma mater) is > running a program. BTW that is University of > Phoenix, for those not in the know. So which Taco Bell do you work at?

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Many Lebanese people I have met seemed to think > that AUB was known worldwide. > But it simply doesn’t exist outside of Lebanon / > Middle East as far as I know. > > Good news for you is, Lebanese people tend to be > good @ funnance. True story. your perfectly correct about the first part. aub is the shi* here and its such a big deal students start to think its known world wide, cause for most lebanese when they hear what you pay for AUB tuition compared to what they make, they wana kidnap you and ask for ransom i was sceptical about it, thats why i am asking you guys lebanese people tend to be good at anything the do in the U.S. we would suck co** good in the U.S. if it ment staying there and not going back to Lebanon great country, stupid people wanting to kill each other cause they have diff views about who sits in the sky.

I was in Lebanon. I had a great time there. Great country, culture, people, smoking hot women… Pretty sad that Lebanon gets screwed by all sides.

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was in Lebanon. I had a great time there. > Great country, culture, people, smoking hot > women… > > Pretty sad that Lebanon gets screwed by all sides. bro, if you wana have my smoking hot wife, and the culture and people of lebanon, i am willing to trade it for a greencard, and i love my wife… the economy is crap, ignoring time value of money, i need 15 years of work to earn what i paid to attend AUB, with time value of money i would never pay it off…

I think a lot of semi-worldly to worldly people have heard of the AUB; that may not mean a lot of folks in finance have heard of it unfortunately.

I love madoff

AUB is not unheard of at all, but as ohai said, it’s a different story applying to jobs than it is grad schools. I think if you have good test scores and experience, it shouldn’t be a problem? Yes, I have heard that Lebanon has smoking hot women. Then again, that seems to fly for I think the whole eastern arc of the Mediterranean.

If things dont work out, you could always try Europe, or Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore), Australia even (but f**k me how I dislike Australians!). Pretty sure the visa process is easier then the US. Thats assuming you hate the country you are living in now

yeh ped i hate it. U work like a slave just to eat… I will have the greencard in few years. Would rather wait. Nothing beats the US. When i become a US citizen i would die for the US. I would die to defend that decent life. I wont die for lebanon. It gave me nothing All u americans upset with ur fucked economy? It beats living in my economy when it was at its best.

I think you are assuming the US economy will continue to be the top dog. Personally I think the balance of power has already shifted and the US will struggle to compete as it has to finance a population with a high percentage of their demographic in retirement homes! Not helped when you consider the economic environment it finds itself in already. So that “decent life” you’d die for might not be all it’s cracked up to be and you might find better opportunities closer to home. Just think you should expand your options and not have such a narrow target in this regard mate. I’m not looking to disrespect the US as a country as it’s a place I like and enjoy visiting. I’m merely looking at it in terms of an economy.

thanks for the advice eoghanlyons… the US have pulled from such things before, but yes this is not looking good… on the other hand, even at this point, what i would earn washing dishes in the US is better than I get here working as an analyst !!! and the prices are cheaper in the US, so thats 2 reasons you get a better quality of life the sallaries in the gulf (arab gulf countries) are much higher than US, and living is cheaper my university degree is like the harvard of the middle east, so i could land something decent the only problem is, i would rather get paid less and be in the US, after living FREELY in the US, i cant live in the arab world i am not a big drinker, and i would not want my wife wearing short skirts, etc…but i cant bare living in a place where you dont have those options… personaly, i have faith that the US will be on top, at least for now i might be biased, because we all want to belive things that are good for us will happen… anyone knows if a CFA would help me get into austrailia or canada ? i just want a place where i can freely have a decent life !

What about Dubai, London or Switzerland? I know of a good few very successful Lebanese guys. You seem to be born traders & opportunists. Seem to hire each other too!

muddahudda, i cant seem to get employers in other countries interested Why hire me and worry about my visa and take the risk that in person it turns out that i suck. While in these tough times they have unemloyed people just as skilled right at home.

muddahudda, i cant seem to get employers in other countries interested Why hire me and worry about my visa and take the risk that in person it turns out that i suck. While in these tough times they have unemloyed people just as skilled right at home.

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > muddahudda, i cant seem to get employers in other > countries interested > Why hire me and worry about my visa and take the > risk that in person it turns out that i suck. > While in these tough times they have unemloyed > people just as skilled right at home. Wouldn’t that also be the case for the US?

I’ve heard of AUB (and AU Cairo) and would think that Lebanese who have gone there are likely to have gotten as good an education as one can get in that region. For business schools in the US, they will recognize it and although it’s not a Harvard or Stanford, I don’t think it will count against you. Many schools are looking to diversify their student body, especially with the growth in EM. Businesses are behind the curve in terms of anything that isn’t brand-name. The Europeans are a bit better at knowing what’s going on outside their countries and other universities, but Europeans are also more cliqueish. So Americans are ignorant but more willing to take a chance and let you prove yourself, whereas Europeans are more aware, but prefer hiring family and school buddies. I’d look for places where there are strong expat Lebanese communities, and try to network there. Look to Europe now, and when you are able to get back to the US, then start looking here (BTW, I thought the penalty for overstaying a visa was that you could never return; so lucky you. Perhaps the penalty is lighter for people who do it when they are younger). And yeah… the Lebanese women I know are stunning. After a while, you can see why the men thought it might make for fewer public brawls if the women would walk around veiled up (though my understanding is that the hijab is more common than the full veil in Lebanon)

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahmadmadoff Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > muddahudda, i cant seem to get employers in > other > > countries interested > > Why hire me and worry about my visa and take > the > > risk that in person it turns out that i suck. > > While in these tough times they have unemloyed > > people just as skilled right at home. > > > Wouldn’t that also be the case for the US? in the U.S. i will have the greencard, no need for help from employers most employers dont want to get into this immigration stuff unless you something they cant find at home…

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve heard of AUB (and AU Cairo) and would think > that Lebanese who have gone there are likely to > have gotten as good an education as one can get in > that region. For business schools in the US, they > will recognize it and although it’s not a Harvard > or Stanford, I don’t think it will count against > you. Many schools are looking to diversify their > student body, especially with the growth in EM. > > Businesses are behind the curve in terms of > anything that isn’t brand-name. The Europeans are > a bit better at knowing what’s going on outside > their countries and other universities, but > Europeans are also more cliqueish. So Americans > are ignorant but more willing to take a chance and > let you prove yourself, whereas Europeans are more > aware, but prefer hiring family and school > buddies. > > I’d look for places where there are strong expat > Lebanese communities, and try to network there. > Look to Europe now, and when you are able to get > back to the US, then start looking here (BTW, I > thought the penalty for overstaying a visa was > that you could never return; so lucky you. > Perhaps the penalty is lighter for people who do > it when they are younger). > > And yeah… the Lebanese women I know are > stunning. After a while, you can see why the men > thought it might make for fewer public brawls if > the women would walk around veiled up (though my > understanding is that the hijab is more common > than the full veil in Lebanon) you make some good points i think when i start, i will aim for Dearborn MI where its mostly Lebanese people… breaking your visa is 5 years if its less than 6 months, and 10 years if more (immigration law is clear about it) btw, the fail is not very common in lebanon, i would say 10% of women actually wear it… lebanon is very “western like” ps, i find american women much sexier, i guess you always think the grass is greener on the other side, i wanted me a lebanese woman when i was in the U.S…

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks for the advice eoghanlyons… > > the US have pulled from such things before, but > yes this is not looking good… > > on the other hand, even at this point, what i > would earn washing dishes in the US is better than > I get here working as an analyst !!! and the > prices are cheaper in the US, so thats 2 reasons > you get a better quality of life > > the sallaries in the gulf (arab gulf countries) > are much higher than US, and living is cheaper > > my university degree is like the harvard of the > middle east, so i could land something decent > > the only problem is, i would rather get paid less > and be in the US, after living FREELY in the US, i > cant live in the arab world > > i am not a big drinker, and i would not want my > wife wearing short skirts, etc…but i cant bare > living in a place where you dont have those > options… > > personaly, i have faith that the US will be on > top, at least for now > i might be biased, because we all want to belive > things that are good for us will happen… > > anyone knows if a CFA would help me get into > austrailia or canada ? > i just want a place where i can freely have a > decent life ! Just seen this. There is a large Lebanese population in Australia, and would think you should be able to make it down under. newsuper is a charter holder in Australia and can advise you more on how marketable the CFA is.