advise, especially from AMERICANS

thanks Mzungu, I would love to get out of here any go to anyplace where your not worried very concered about dying from unnatural causes, anywhere with civilization… your probably from a developed country, for you it is easy to say go to Austrailia… but bro you dont know how hard it is to get a visa for someone like me… but yes you make a good point, i should try to go to austrailia, gona give it a shoot soon, probably after CFA, I assume it helps the immigration know that your not going to blow yourself up… how many terrorists do you know would take on 3 level of CFA then go suicide?

Dude, I am African and I never had the privilege of entering into a plane when I was a teen, wore a shoe for the first time when I was 15 and grew up worrying that I would get killed by marauding lions next to the village where I grew up. Things could be worse. My advice for you is simple; stop complaining and do something. I saved for my fees and left Kenya literally with nothing - except some hope and faith. I did my MBA in a small college since that was what I could afford, became a Chartered Accountant and now completing CFA in 2012. I had to work on my English (and am still working on it). Fast forward now, I have a nice job, with a top employer - not working to pay bills, but at least looking for professional challenges. Nobody cares about foreign qualifications, especially from third world countries known for political strife and terrorists, you will need to re-educate and domesticate your education (I thought I went to the Harvard of Kenya too, nobody cares). Good luck.

lol mzunga i see some signs of agression caused by your childhood… i aint complaining, i came here for advice, and i explain the facts as they are… also my degree is registered with the dep of education in the state of new york, so it is as good as any other no name U.S. school, so not much need to domesticate my degree…

actually now that i re-read you post, its not agressive… its advice, so sorry about the post above… but realy if you think i am complaining you should re-read, like i re-read your post… cause i am just here looking for advice, and that is part of doing something…i am working on the CFA and i am asking what should i do next… so you know sorry bro if you life is tougher than mine, but that does not meen if i state the facts of my live i would be a whining bit**, just like when you say you could have been killed by a lion, your just stating facts…

I am not at all being aggressive, I have close friends from middle east (i.e Iraq) who are very successful, and they have been through a hell of problems too. And I am Mzungu, not Mzunga.

As you can see I apologized for saying you were aggressive before you denied it. Sometimes you read something and imagine the write saying in a certain tone which makes it seem aggressive, you read it again and it seems just fine. I don’t know if you ever experienced that. So again I did apologize. I also apologize for misspelling your name. Usually name in AF are nicknames, so like “hot-cfa” would not cares if I called him “hot-cfa”. Apparently it is your read name, so sorry. I am not here to make enemies especially with someone who takes the time to attempt to advise others. Maybe we got off the wrong foot…

Stand for your motherland, without it you are rootless. There are might be a thousand reasons to hate it, but there are always many more reasons to be proud of it. As for the American University in Beirut, I only heard of it in connection with Arabic courses. 4 years is a lot of time, you can go to Europe.

Valores… “Stand for your motherland, without it you are rootless.” That looks good in movies, but in reality if you are in a place where you know you will always be worried about not having enough food to eat. You try to get out! My motherland offered my nothing. So maybe to you I come off as a trator, but in reality if you were in a place with no hope you would want to get out. Again, your opinion is respected and appreciated.

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > how many terrorists do you know would take on 3 > level of CFA then go suicide? I don’t know about CFA, but Faisal Shehzad had an MBA. Khalid Shaikh Mohamed i think was also MBA. CFAs are less likely to engage in ethics violations like terroristic activities.

good one Palantir… so all my idols have an MBA, maybe the CFA is the wrrong path for me… ben laden would look at my application and go “no, yowa pase ethiks, you no join al kaaaaydaaaa”

I don’t understand why you’d want to perpetuate a stupid stereotype of your homeland. Some of that is quite offensive and I don’t think it belongs on this forum (or any for that matter). There’s no point hating on your homeland. Your difficulties and how you deal with them is a defining aspect to one’s character. Some have it more difficult that others and I’d admire someone who wanted to improve their living situation, but there’s a right and dignified way to go about it.

^ Exactly.

Its a joke…your opinion is respected but lighten up, not everything people say is serious…and racial jokes are the best…carlos mencia mocks hispanics, dave chapel mocks blacks, this is no different

Its a joke…your opinion is respected but lighten up, not everything people say is serious…and racial jokes are the best…carlos mencia mocks hispanics, dave chapel mocks blacks, this is no different

Ahmadmadoff, somehow you do need to lay off dissing your background and where you come from. An occasional comment about how things are tough in your homeland be ok, but you’ve said it so many times in this thread that it gets to be off putting. I know things can be bad out there, but when you are so consistently negative about where you came from, it starts to rub off and leads to several concerns 1) maybe the apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree (even a Cyprus tree), 2) maybe you’ll start talking about us the way you talk about your homeland once you get here, and 3) maybe you’re blaming too many of what you perceive your shortcomings to be on your homeland and not on yourself (insufficient self-awareness). A tough background can be an advantage. Maybe people in the west might see themselves or actually be wimpier in character than you and therefore less willing to put in hard work to make something happen. That’s something salable, especially in a bust-your-but startup environment. Nassim Taleb used his experience in Lebanon to strengthen his argument about Black Swans, how things can go from beautiful to cr@p for no apparent reason at all, but you still get the feeling that there are things he admires or misses about his homeland. Negativity doesn’t sell well. You tell people you don’t know how awful your homeland is, you make them wonder if maybe they should stay away from you too. Once you’ve established a relationship, then you can open up more and reveal what you’ve had to put up with.

You know what I think you should do ahmadmadoff… Take a break from the AF forum, and take a small break from the CFA studies in general, just a day or two…

from af i should, from cfa i cant, too much at stake Anyway this “debate” has become anoying. Started by looking for advice, explained my cituation and now everyone wants a peice of me. So i will just consider this closed thread