advise, especially from AMERICANS

Are you going to bomb us if we do not close it?

QED?

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve heard of AUB (and AU Cairo) and would > think > > that Lebanese who have gone there are likely to > > have gotten as good an education as one can get > in > > that region. For business schools in the US, > they > > will recognize it and although it’s not a > Harvard > > or Stanford, I don’t think it will count > against > > you. Many schools are looking to diversify > their > > student body, especially with the growth in EM. > > > > Businesses are behind the curve in terms of > > anything that isn’t brand-name. The Europeans > are > > a bit better at knowing what’s going on outside > > their countries and other universities, but > > Europeans are also more cliqueish. So > Americans > > are ignorant but more willing to take a chance > and > > let you prove yourself, whereas Europeans are > more > > aware, but prefer hiring family and school > > buddies. > > > > I’d look for places where there are strong > expat > > Lebanese communities, and try to network there. > > > Look to Europe now, and when you are able to > get > > back to the US, then start looking here (BTW, I > > thought the penalty for overstaying a visa was > > that you could never return; so lucky you. > > Perhaps the penalty is lighter for people who > do > > it when they are younger). > > > > And yeah… the Lebanese women I know are > > stunning. After a while, you can see why the > men > > thought it might make for fewer public brawls > if > > the women would walk around veiled up (though > my > > understanding is that the hijab is more common > > than the full veil in Lebanon) > > > you make some good points > i think when i start, i will aim for Dearborn MI > where its mostly Lebanese people… > > breaking your visa is 5 years if its less than 6 > months, and 10 years if more (immigration law is > clear about it) > > btw, the fail is not very common in lebanon, i > would say 10% of women actually wear it… > lebanon is very “western like” > > ps, i find american women much sexier, i guess you > always think the grass is greener on the other > side, i wanted me a lebanese woman when i was in > the U.S… 10% wear the vail? You got to be kidding me. It’s not even 5%. Second, get yourself together. you are all over the place and don’t know what you are talking about. If you are from Lebanon, you would know many that work and live now in the US that are AUB graduates. Very successful people who studied at the AUB are attending top schools here for their graduate studies. AUB is a very good school and makes you respectable due to the knowledge you accumulate and not the name of the school on your resume. The same applies to EVERY university in the world. It’s how you carry yourself and behave. Here’s my advice to you. Get your bachelor from the AUB and come to the US and finish your graduate studies in a ON CAMPUS program and take it from there. If you get start working towards the CFA designation while you’re there, go for it. It will help later on. Sorry if I were out of line, but being someone who attended the AUB partially (only one semester) than transferred to the US to finish my degree here gives me insight to comparing the AUB to schools here. You have nothing to worry about in terms of your education quality. Just don’t spend ALL your days on the Green Oval playing cards and watching the hot walking around in their tiny shorts.

This may be just personal preference, but I think someone being a competitive bodybuilder would weigh against them in my mind if I were considering hiring them. You may want to think about keeping that bit of information to yourself.

lame post by a lame arab and a few americans desperate to share their lame views joined in… ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As you can see I apologized for saying you were > aggressive before you denied it. Sometimes you > read something and imagine the write saying in a > certain tone which makes it seem aggressive, you > read it again and it seems just fine. I don’t know > if you ever experienced that. So again I did > apologize. I also apologize for misspelling your > name. Usually name in AF are nicknames, so like > “hot-cfa” would not cares if I called him > “hot-cfa”. Apparently it is your read name, so > sorry. > I am not here to make enemies especially with > someone who takes the time to attempt to advise > others. > Maybe we got off the wrong foot… this was JUST…even girls dont talk like that anymore…well some tried to talk sense into you but ahmad my dear you are a stubborn fellow …and all that talk about terrorists and no mention of Aafia Siddiqui…well let me introduce her for those who are not familiar as we are always discriminating against women…She is an MIT graduate who pointed a gun at cute vulnerable U.S soldiers…she was sentenced for 86 years in prison…but as long as she is in American prison and not in a shi**hole where ahmad lives. Please feel free…

Right yeah don’t really get the point of that last post to be honest! One thing I’ll say for ahmadmadoff…he keeps it interesting :slight_smile: No malice in what you say dude, just think you can reflect on things a bit more and let things find their way. I’m fairly sure that most people on here aren’t ‘living the dream’ (not yet anyway) so you’re probably not behind the curve. As long as you keep a firm energy in your endeavours you should be alright. I wish you luck, but no need to say the things you do about your people…on here at least.

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol mzunga i see some signs of agression caused by > your childhood… > > i aint complaining, i came here for advice, and i > explain the facts as they are… > > also my degree is registered with the dep of > education in the state of new york, so it is as > good as any other no name U.S. school, so not much > need to domesticate my degree… Perception is more inportant then reality in terms of academic qualifications

much anger in this thread. If your country sucks and profiles everyone preventing you from getting a job, yes that sucks. But either find a way to live with it, or move. Here’s a shocker: life isn’t fair.

samakh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lame post by a lame arab and a few americans > desperate to share their lame views joined in… > > > ahmadmadoff Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > As you can see I apologized for saying you were > > aggressive before you denied it. Sometimes you > > read something and imagine the write saying in > a > > certain tone which makes it seem aggressive, > you > > read it again and it seems just fine. I don’t > know > > if you ever experienced that. So again I did > > apologize. I also apologize for misspelling > your > > name. Usually name in AF are nicknames, so like > > “hot-cfa” would not cares if I called him > > “hot-cfa”. Apparently it is your read name, so > > sorry. > > I am not here to make enemies especially with > > someone who takes the time to attempt to advise > > others. > > Maybe we got off the wrong foot… > > this was JUST…even girls dont talk like that > anymore…well some tried to talk sense into you > but ahmad my dear you are a stubborn fellow > > …and all that talk about terrorists and no > mention of Aafia Siddiqui…well let me introduce > her for those who are not familiar as we are > always discriminating against women…She is an > MIT graduate who pointed a gun at cute vulnerable > U.S soldiers…she was sentenced for 86 years in > prison…but as long as she is in American prison > and not in a shi**hole where ahmad lives. > Please feel free… Samakh, your statments: ** “lame post by a lame arab and a few americans desperate to share their lame views joined in…” ** “and not in a shi**hole where ahmad lives.” are the most ignorant post I’ve seen on this forum. Your comments are beyond lame. They’re ignorant, insensitive, and offensive. You certainly outdone Ahmad’s ignorance of the world in this statement of yours. I don’t believe that this is the forum for you or him to voice these types opinions and I don’t particularly feel proud contributing to it but it’s so offensive that I couldn’t sit on the sidelines. But it will be my last time reading it or writing.

Life isn’t fair; I want to live Charlie Sheen’s life!!!: http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_audio/022411_sheen.mp3

Not sure you want to be living out the remainder of Charlie Sheen’s life. :wink:

^ Ha! true; his career may be in terminal decline; though he’ll always have a place on the Howard Stern show!

^^^^sarcasm is lost online…i wasnt particularly referring to the place he lives and i wasnt disrespecting anyone (but i think my comments were not that appropriate)…what he wrote… his lifestyle and the way he reflected upon it made me sad.

Have you ever considered Canada in the mean time? If you’re worried about being out of North America for so long it may be a good option.

“Have you ever considered Canada in the mean time? If you’re worried about being out of North America for so long it may be a good option.” I said I was not going to respond to these posts any more because it is mostly people judging me rather than giving me the help I need. But your trying to help, so I owe it to answer. I have looked into Canada, I found nothing in their immigration rules that would qualify me to get in :frowning: I would need a job pre arranged, and that is tough to do in these market conditions. Had I been in Canada I can manage.

If you come from a French speaking Arab country, Quebec always wants more French speakers to ensure they outnubmer the English Canadiens, and they used to facilitate Francophone Arabic immigration for that reason. I don’t know if they still do that, but it’s worth looknig into. Lebanon was a French Mandate in the 1920s, IIRC. Just beware, I’ve been told that once you’re in and helping them with their census count, the French Canadiens may not be as grateful as you think they’d be.

Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Life isn’t fair; I want to live Charlie Sheen’s > life!!!: > > http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_audio/022 > 411_sheen.mp3 No you don’t, drug and alcohol addiction is pure misery.

Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Life isn’t fair; I want to live Charlie Sheen’s > life!!!: > > http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_audio/022 > 411_sheen.mp3 Even with all the money and women in his life, I bet you are happier than he is.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Keys Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Life isn’t fair; I want to live Charlie Sheen’s > > life!!!: > > > > > http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_audio/022 > > > 411_sheen.mp3 > > > No you don’t, drug and alcohol addiction is pure > misery. Well said.