AF Interview Thread 2010

Now that we are seeing the pipelines opening up and members getting interviews, let’s make a threat sharing their experiences. State the job you interviewed for, and the questions/processes. Help each other out!

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > let’s make a threat sharing k, watch your back storko, i’m coming to get you that’s my “threat”

lol “im going to share with you so bad…”

Ill post in here once I am not so superstitious

As promised: State: Florida City: Miami Position: Portfolio Analyst, Wealth Management Company: A large bank I was contacted by an President of business development for wealth management and she asked me if I was interested in an opportunity in Miami. I said yes. Went to interview, fairly straight forward, mostly fit questions, was supposed to be 30 minutes lasted 90 minutes. The woman I was interviewing with brought in her branch manager and finally her assistant. They were firing off questions, everything from “How do you expect to be compensated?” to “Why do you want to move to Miami?” to “Why are you interested in Finance?” to “Who/What do you read? and what is your economic outlook?” Came away from the interview VERY positive. Result? I got the job baby!

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As promised: > > State: Florida > City: Miami > Position: Portfolio Analyst, Wealth Management > Company: A large bank > > I was contacted by an President of business > development for wealth management and she asked me > if I was interested in an opportunity in Miami. I > said yes. > > Went to interview, fairly straight forward, mostly > fit questions, was supposed to be 30 minutes > lasted 90 minutes. The woman I was interviewing > with brought in her branch manager and finally her > assistant. They were firing off questions, > everything from “How do you expect to be > compensated?” to “Why do you want to move to > Miami?” to “Why are you interested in Finance?” to > “Who/What do you read? and what is your economic > outlook?” > > Came away from the interview VERY positive. > > Result? > > I got the job baby! That’s very good news, congrats Nupps! Now who was the hottest babe: President, branch manager, or the assistant?

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > As promised: > > > > State: Florida > > City: Miami > > Position: Portfolio Analyst, Wealth Management > > Company: A large bank > > > > I was contacted by an President of business > > development for wealth management and she asked > me > > if I was interested in an opportunity in Miami. > I > > said yes. > > > > Went to interview, fairly straight forward, > mostly > > fit questions, was supposed to be 30 minutes > > lasted 90 minutes. The woman I was interviewing > > with brought in her branch manager and finally > her > > assistant. They were firing off questions, > > everything from “How do you expect to be > > compensated?” to “Why do you want to move to > > Miami?” to “Why are you interested in Finance?” > to > > “Who/What do you read? and what is your > economic > > outlook?” > > > > Came away from the interview VERY positive. > > > > Result? > > > > I got the job baby! > > That’s very good news, congrats Nupps! Now who was > the hottest babe: President, branch manager, or > the assistant? Send me your email address…

ptcrook78 at gmail

Congrats nuppal!

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ptcrook78 at gmail Might as well CC me the details too so you don’t have to Ping them. Congrats nups! I’ll be home visiting in July again. I’ll make sure we meet up in Miami and I’ll buy you a couple rounds ;).

Awesome! Congrats Nuppal!

@daviskr- Ill hit ya on Gchat tonight. Promise! Thanks for the congrats everyone

I’ll put mine up Location: Canada Postion: Research Associate with Investment Firm Interview was not what I expected. Sat with the Analyst and went in detail, step by step over my resume. As I was going through, I made sure I covered the points they were looking for using my resume and additional stories. I really don’t know how it went. It was an hour long though.

Maybe this is the lucky thread and people posting their stories here will get the job. How knows, storko.

how long does it take usually between application to callback for interviews, assuming you do get an interview? weeks? months? i just got rejected from my first quant shop, it is one of the biggest and most famous in the world, so no surprise. however, i haven’t heard back from any of the other ~20 places i applied to yet.

So, nuppal, are you going to take the offer?

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how long does it take usually between application > to callback for interviews, assuming you do get an > interview? > > weeks? months? > > i just got rejected from my first quant shop, it > is one of the biggest and most famous in the > world, so no surprise. however, i haven’t heard > back from any of the other ~20 places i applied to > yet. i applied using three separate headhunters, not direct apps.

follow up with the headhunters…

congrats nuppal!! are you going to take it?

HELL YES I AM ACCEPTING! lol It is essentially what I want to do and would lead me down the right path to (hopefully) one day be in an HF or institutional mgmt.